Sponsored Temp Visa/ Nurses/ Perth areas

Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:47 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Question Sponsored Temp Visa/ Nurses/ Perth areas

Anyone got any good experiences with temporary work sponsored visas? Especially those who work as a nurse at Royal Perth Hospital?
I have only heard horror stories so far and I am feeling a little demoralised!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

wayne&mandy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sponsored Temp Visa/ Nurses/ Perth areas

Hi Rach,
we are here on a temp visa, I am a nurse at Joondalup. We have had no problems at all nor have I heard of any others having problems, we are going to apply for PR soon and will have to leave the country to get the visa stamped but I can't see that being a problem,we will just go on hols.
Good Luck.
Mandy
Old Jan 12th 2007, 3:22 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayne&mandy
Hi Rach,
we are here on a temp visa, I am a nurse at Joondalup. We have had no problems at all nor have I heard of any others having problems
Here's a case where a family member became ill shortly after arriving. Now PR may be a struggle:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416607
Old Jan 13th 2007, 5:37 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Well lets hope that no act of god strikes me down either lol. I wont read the thread sorry, I am staying positive about it all. I just want to hear a few happy endings as most people on here say the 457 is not worth it.
I am however continuing with my permanent skills visa its just that it wont be finalised until October 2007 and the 457 will hopefully get us there a lot quicker.
Thanks though for replying to my threads it means alot to me to have these questions answered and I can expand my knowledge, which is all good
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachie241
Well lets hope that no act of god strikes me down either lol. I wont read the thread sorry, I am staying positive about it all. I just want to hear a few happy endings as most people on here say the 457 is not worth it.
It's interesting to observe how some people are flexible and consider changing plans when they learn of new information, while others just "don't want to hear it" and continue on regardless.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 10:20 pm
Here at last!

havent changed my plans i have the permanent visa for back up. Not everyone is going to get ill. Thanks for information though. We all could be blown up tomorrow i tend to try and live for today. Im not saying the information is invalid just a little negative.
My temp visa isnt done yet neither is my permanent visa anything could happen between now and then should that mean i have to stop thinking positively and want good things to happen?
Im sorry perhaps I am taking this a little personally. I know that maybe you were trying to cheer me up really and get me to take another option. Like I said permanent visa is still ongoing. It could go wrong at any time but I am trying to stay positive.

Last edited by OzzieNurse; Jan 13th 2007 at 10:26 pm. Reason: rethought
Old Jan 14th 2007, 12:04 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Rachie241
havent changed my plans i have the permanent visa for back up. Not everyone is going to get ill. Thanks for information though. We all could be blown up tomorrow i tend to try and live for today. Im not saying the information is invalid just a little negative.
My temp visa isnt done yet neither is my permanent visa anything could happen between now and then should that mean i have to stop thinking positively and want good things to happen?
Im sorry perhaps I am taking this a little personally. I know that maybe you were trying to cheer me up really and get me to take another option. Like I said permanent visa is still ongoing. It could go wrong at any time but I am trying to stay positive.
I'm not trying to either "cheer you up" or "depress" you. Just giving the facts as they are.

You can't live life on the basis of what might happen, but at the same time you do need to responsibly manage the risks inherent in living day to day. And if your plan is to settle permanently in Australia, then arriving on a temporary visa is just that - a risk.

It doesn't mean that things will go wrong, but it sure does mean you have virtually no protection in terms of your status if something does happen.

Do you want to take the risk or instead manage things so that you get a permanent visa before you leave?
Old Jan 14th 2007, 10:00 am
Here at last!

ok thanks for letting me know the 'risks'. We will take this into consideration. The Skilled visa has not started yet anyway. SO at the moment we are only lodging the PR visa.