Skype any of you got it or a mic to try

Old Apr 13th 2005, 5:36 pm
ad4ozz

Default Skype any of you got it or a mic to try

Hi....I have downloaded Skype free to download free to use instead of phone to keep costs down once in Oz. You just need your normal PC speakers and the mic you already have if you haven't got a Skype headset.

Problem is I can hear my Mother perfect on my computer but she hears me as echoing sing song voice. Does anyone else have skype and want to PM me there name so I can ring them on Skype to see if it is my mic and speakers or my Mams mic and speakers.

Cheers to any volunteers... .

Old Apr 13th 2005, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Keebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Skype any of you got it or a mic to try

Hi,

I've got skype, i've used it across the UK and UK to Adelaide with no reported problems.
If I knew how to PM you I'd give you my skype name

Keebs
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

txmogga is an unknown quantity at this point

I have Skype too and have been trying it out with some friends in Australia.
One could hear me fine but her voice was all distorted on my end...turns out she didn't have the speaker or microphone wires plugged in all the way so once she pulled them out and put them back firmly, it worked out fine. I don't mind doing a trial of it but I don't know the time difference to set it up...I do know Tx time to Brisbane time though if that helps any.

txmogga
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:50 pm
ad4ozz

I sound like pinky and perky on my mothers end but can here her fine so think that problem is with her speakers at her end as I sound fine on my own PC sound recorder. But she says I sound all faint as well where she sounds loud on mine. So not sure if it is my mic or her PC so need 3rd party to see if they can here me... .

Have added everyones names so will wait for someone to turn up....anyother volunteers please step forward...Lynn do you not have a mic?

Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:47 pm
ad4ozz

Have bought a new mic so may have solved the problem but still need a guinea pig to try it out on... .

Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:10 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Have bought a new mic so may have solved the problem but still need a guinea pig to try it out on... .
We have a mic for the computer, what do I do though, do I just download Skype? mic's not connected just now but will get hubbie to work on it - will let you know when i've got it up and running - Lynn
Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:26 pm
ad4ozz

Hi Lynn to get skype go to...http://www.skype.com/

and click on

Skype is free Internet telephony
that just works.
Skype is for calling other people on their computers or phones. Download Skype and start calling for free all over the world.

Download now

Once downloaded in the main skype window go to tools...adjust audio devices and your present mic needs to be selected in the recorder bit and speach should just come through normal speakers.

Once you have dowloaded and signed up for user name etc if you send me a britishexpats pm or an email with your user name and I can add you to my caller list. If i'm online I would get green symbol next to my name and you can ring me for free just like normal telephone but no charge.

Old Apr 16th 2005, 4:30 pm
ad4ozz

keebs your user name doesn't seem to be working with or without spaces pm it to me again please

Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:21 pm
ad4ozz

Cheers Lisa/Primrose...

Must admit strange talking to someone you've never met instead of typing.

Will just have to buy my mam new soundcard or something now I know it's her side. Have looked all over internet and can't find cure for 'Donald Duck' voices.

Good luck with the house selling.

Old Apr 17th 2005, 7:24 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Lisa/Primrose...

Must admit strange talking to someone you've never met instead of typing.

Will just have to buy my mam new soundcard or something now I know it's her side. Have looked all over internet and can't find cure for 'Donald Duck' voices.

Good luck with the house selling.
Ann was is crystal clear when you were talking to Lisa? We have a good sound card so hoping it will be good for talking to my mum from Brissie!

Lynn
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:45 pm
ad4ozz

Yep clear as being on phone...she could even here my geordie accent... .

Plus side is you know the other person is online like aol etc so don't waste money on phonecalls to empty houses.

So far found it worked well with Lisa but my Mams computer still playing up trying to update her sound driver in case that is the problem.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:14 pm
ad4ozz

Have managed to fix my mothers 'donald duck' voice on skype by downloading new driver from Realtek....just in case it helps anyone else.

She now sounds like normal woman again.... .

Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Have managed to fix my mothers 'donald duck' voice on skype by downloading new driver from Realtek....just in case it helps anyone else.

She now sounds like normal woman again.... .
Good to hear you got it all sorted in the end.

Lisa
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:58 pm
ad4ozz

Talking Re: Skype any of you got it or a mic to try

Cheers Lisa....txmogga has also joined the britishexpats club and could here her loud and clear as well.

Strangely enough she thought I had an accent as well.... .

Sorry about the 'Kentuky' slip tx....good to chat and don't worry fate will decide visa choice in the end... .

Last edited by ad4ozz; Apr 18th 2005 at 9:01 pm. Reason: add something

Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Keebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura aboutKeebs has a spectacular aura about

Hi ad40zz,

Glad you got your mums and your Skype sorted out. Just to let you know that we Skype family & friends in Oz most weekends and to make it more fun we open up MSN messaging in a separate window and have the web cams going too!

Keeps my little Aussie 2nd & 3rd cousins amused.

Best Wishes, Keebs.

Last edited by Keebs; Apr 23rd 2005 at 5:22 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.