sitting here crying- nursing registration desperation

Old May 7th 2010, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sitting here crying- nursing registration desperation

Hi. I really don't know who to turn to at the moment and just wanted some advice from anyone.

I have been trying to register with the western Australia nursing board since february. Firstly the woman dealing with me requested in a very further docs and said my IELTS test had not been recieved. I got it resent. She was very arsey when I asked her to clarify the docs. Also my verification from NMC had not got there. I left this another week as it had only been a week since the NMC had sent it when I enquired.

I asked the NMBWA woman to please email me in a week to let me know if they had got ther. I heard nothing so decided to email her yesterday. I get an email today saying that she has not got my verification from the NMC. I rang the NMC who said that the NMBWA have got it. It was sent on the 31st March with numerous other applicants through signed for post. So now I don't know what to do. I have sent a genearal enquiry to the NMBWA just to ask if someone else could have a look into it for me. I leave the UK in 7 weeks and if my application isn't sorted within 3 months of applying it gets destroyed. I am so upset as you can imagine its already a stressful time and this is adding to it. I was just wondering if anyone else has had trouble getting registred.
Old May 7th 2010, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sitting here crying- nursing registration desperation

Originally Posted by Kayelem
Hi. I really don't know who to turn to at the moment and just wanted some advice from anyone.

I have been trying to register with the western Australia nursing board since february. Firstly the woman dealing with me requested in a very further docs and said my IELTS test had not been recieved. I got it resent. She was very arsey when I asked her to clarify the docs. Also my verification from NMC had not got there. I left this another week as it had only been a week since the NMC had sent it when I enquired.

I asked the NMBWA woman to please email me in a week to let me know if they had got ther. I heard nothing so decided to email her yesterday. I get an email today saying that she has not got my verification from the NMC. I rang the NMC who said that the NMBWA have got it. It was sent on the 31st March with numerous other applicants through signed for post. So now I don't know what to do. I have sent a genearal enquiry to the NMBWA just to ask if someone else could have a look into it for me. I leave the UK in 7 weeks and if my application isn't sorted within 3 months of applying it gets destroyed. I am so upset as you can imagine its already a stressful time and this is adding to it. I was just wondering if anyone else has had trouble getting registred.
Dry your eyes.Sounds like you are having a bad day.I had one of them the other day and now sitting here I have no idea why I cried so much.Hopefully someone will be along with some advice.It will all be better tomorrow.
Old May 7th 2010, 12:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've moved this to the Nursing Forum so hopefully someone will be around to help. I know the tears are from frustration but try not to stress too much, I'm sure you'll be sorted soon enough. Good luck.
Old May 7th 2010, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

Hi Kayelem

Please don't get yourself upset about this all, I'm registered with QNC, so I know its a different board, but I had a few problems too, and I know others on here have had bother too.

Unless the NMC sent your verification by registered post, which I don't think they do, they can not tell you for definite that the NMBWA have received it - it may very well have got lost or held up in the post. I would contact the NMC and tell them that the NMBWA are adamant that they have not received it and ask them to send another one asap. One thing to check is that your name is the same on all documents incase it has been received and been put into a separate file. I think what you have done by sending a email to NMBWA generally rather than the woman you have been dealing with is a good idea, sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can find a missing file sitting around an office.

With regards to the 3 month issue, I would not worry too much about that, you have evidence that you have been trying to resolve the problems, its not like your case has been sitting dormant, just make sure you keep the emails and keep in touch with them.

for you and hopefully someone will be along soon who has specific experience in dealing with NMBWA.
Old May 7th 2010, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by itsmylife
Hi Kayelem

Please don't get yourself upset about this all, I'm registered with QNC, so I know its a different board, but I had a few problems too, and I know others on here have had bother too.

Unless the NMC sent your verification by registered post, which I don't think they do, they can not tell you for definite that the NMBWA have received it - it may very well have got lost or held up in the post. I would contact the NMC and tell them that the NMBWA are adamant that they have not received it and ask them to send another one asap. One thing to check is that your name is the same on all documents incase it has been received and been put into a separate file. I think what you have done by sending a email to NMBWA generally rather than the woman you have been dealing with is a good idea, sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can find a missing file sitting around an office.

With regards to the 3 month issue, I would not worry too much about that, you have evidence that you have been trying to resolve the problems, its not like your case has been sitting dormant, just make sure you keep the emails and keep in touch with them.

for you and hopefully someone will be along soon who has specific experience in dealing with NMBWA.
Thankyou for your reply. I will have to leave it until Monday now but I have just ocuppied myself doing some varnishing and had time to think things through. I will ask the NMC on Monday to send another even if it costs me another £34 or whatever it is . I have also asked the NMC if they will email the lady dealing with my application just to explain that they sent it, because I was worried about the 3 month time limit. I just don't understand nursing boards not being very understanding and helpful. Probably just what relatives say about nurses sometimes. If I end up in OZ before my registration comes through I' ll have to get my Mum to forward it too me.
Old May 8th 2010, 8:22 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

If you already have a visa....why not just wait until you get here and then go and register in the board offices?......it takes about 20 minutes if you have all your documents with you.
Old May 8th 2010, 10:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
If you already have a visa....why not just wait until you get here and then go and register in the board offices?......it takes about 20 minutes if you have all your documents with you.
Wow really. If I had known that before I applied from here I would have. At least I know now that there is a solution. Thankyou.
Old May 10th 2010, 1:52 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Well said
Old May 10th 2010, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

Well after I contacted the Nursing board via the general enquiry route to get a second opinion on my 2 missing documents they have now been been found so its all systems go again.
Old May 11th 2010, 6:08 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well after I contacted the Nursing board via the general enquiry route to get a second opinion on my 2 missing documents they have now been been found so its all systems go again.
Old May 11th 2010, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about

good stuff,
Old May 29th 2010, 8:02 am
Account Closed

And finally to end the story......My certificate of registration has arrived with a HUGE sigh of relief from me! feel lke framing it.
Old May 29th 2010, 6:44 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

And finally to end the story......My certificate of registration has arrived with a HUGE sigh of relief from me! feel lke framing it.
HURRAY!!!
Old May 30th 2010, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

YIPPEE!!! Well done
Old Jun 8th 2010, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!
Lots of luck with your move to Perth!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.