single parent, help!

Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice
Default single parent, help!

Hi, i am currently researching nursing positions as I am just about to apply for my 136 PR. I was hoping for Hervey Bay but not looking hopeful now so i will have to look at going somewhere where i know no one!
I dont have a problem with this other than how i will manage with my seven year old son and working full time. I know there must be thousands of mums (and dads) who do manage but im really struggling to get info on how flexible employers and childcare providers are. Is it really possible??!!
This is the only thing suppressing my excitment at the moment!
Any info would be much appreciated, thanks
Bobbie
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:40 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: single parent, help!

Originally Posted by Bobbie
Hi, i am currently researching nursing positions as I am just about to apply for my 136 PR. I was hoping for Hervey Bay but not looking hopeful now so i will have to look at going somewhere where i know no one!
I dont have a problem with this other than how i will manage with my seven year old son and working full time. I know there must be thousands of mums (and dads) who do manage but im really struggling to get info on how flexible employers and childcare providers are. Is it really possible??!!
Does the child's father have parental responsibility or not under the law? If so you might need his permission or a court order in order to take your child to Australia.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice

Originally Posted by JAJ
Does the child's father have parental responsibility or not under the law? If so you might need his permission or a court order in order to take your child to Australia.
Yes his father has parental responsibility and i do have his permission. We have a very good relationship as does my son with his dad.
Old Mar 16th 2007, 1:10 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

This is the only thing suppressing my excitment at the moment!
Any info would be much appreciated, thanks
Bobbie
Hi Bobbi, I will be going out to Australia as a single mom too. Will be working full time as a nurse obviously and have a 3 year old son. No house to sell here or much money in savings so I am not sure if I can afford to go at the moment. I am keeping positive though and appreciate any info people can provide. Just thought I would say hi and you arent alone hun xx
Old Mar 16th 2007, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rachie241
Hi Bobbi, I will be going out to Australia as a single mom too. Will be working full time as a nurse obviously and have a 3 year old son. No house to sell here or much money in savings so I am not sure if I can afford to go at the moment. I am keeping positive though and appreciate any info people can provide. Just thought I would say hi and you arent alone hun xx
Thanks for that, its nice knowing there are others in the same boat! Where about are you thinking of going?
I have had all my documents certified for my nursing registration today. The solicitor charged me £50 for 10 documents! I cant wait to get my visa application in the post, i cant stand filling forms in (probably in the wrong job!).
I dont own my house either so wont be going out with wads of cash. I've joined an agency though and will start picking up extra shifts at work soon.
Im allowed to cash in my pension as i've been with the NHS for less than 2 years so that will pay for my visa application.
Im a huge believer in fate so i know it will all work out fine for me, as it will for you too. bobbie x
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:20 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, its nice knowing there are others in the same boat! Where about are you thinking of going?
I have had all my documents certified for my nursing registration today. The solicitor charged me £50 for 10 documents! I cant wait to get my visa application in the post, i cant stand filling forms in (probably in the wrong job!).
I dont own my house either so wont be going out with wads of cash. I've joined an agency though and will start picking up extra shifts at work soon.
Im allowed to cash in my pension as i've been with the NHS for less than 2 years so that will pay for my visa application.
Im a huge believer in fate so i know it will all work out fine for me, as it will for you too. bobbie x
Well we were off to stay in Perth (secret harbour) but the houses are very expensive so I was thinking of Queensland as I have an aunty there who has more space than she can deal with so she says I can stay for a while. SO I guess I have two options. My mother and father in law still want me to stay with them but how things are with me and OH at the moment I dont feel able to stay there. I have some thinking to do. I may just stay with the in laws for a while then go and live permanently in Queensland, I can get some agency work to get me set up and hopefully we will cope but I am very very scared!
Old Mar 16th 2007, 4:22 pm
Here at last!

Lucky you with your pension! I have paid into mine for over 5 years now and it would be a good amount to get me started in Oz, however there is no way of releasing the funds they only allow me to transfer it over which annoys me as it is my money!