Short term work on the Gold Coast

Old Jul 5th 2009, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

kicking_k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Short term work on the Gold Coast

Hi Guys,
I am currently working in sydney on the first part of my working holiday visa, and my contract ends in sep. I have a friend who lives up on the Gold Coast in Coolangata who has kindly offered for us to stay with her for the 2nd half of my visa! (you can only work with one employer for a 6month period)

Just wondered which hospitals in the area were likely to have any short term work or would it be best to join the casual pool perhaps?

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

K
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:04 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Short term work on the Gold Coast

Would be best to join the casual pools i guess but north of Coolangatta are Pindara and Allemanda hospitals...both private.Then theres Robina and Gold Coast..both public
Then nearer (i think...not too good on geography!) Coolangatta is John Flynn which is another private hospital but lovely so im told.
Carestaff is a local nursing agency which is widely used in the area.
Hope this helps.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

Phone HR at the hospitals and they will tell you whether they have casual staff and how to join the casual pool. Most do and most are desperate for staff so you should be fine.
Enjoy the Gold Coast xx
Alison
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

kicking_k is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope so!!

I have spoken to Gold Coast Hospital who have suggested i apply for their casual pool in the next couple of months! Also waiting to hear from an agency, I would really like to go to the Gold Coast for the last months of my visa as its lovely up there!!