British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   Salary packaging (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/salary-packaging-550623/)

jimmip Jul 22nd 2008 10:34 pm

Salary packaging

Hi,
Has anyone any thoughts on the benefits of salary packaging. We would probably only require packaging on our rent which is $ 1450.00 per month. Do you think it would be beneficial and reduce tax considerably enough to consider ?
thanks

annqldau Jul 24th 2008 11:28 am

Re: Salary packaging

Originally Posted by jimmip (Post 6599919)
Hi,
Has anyone any thoughts on the benefits of salary packaging. We would probably only require packaging on our rent which is $ 1450.00 per month. Do you think it would be beneficial and reduce tax considerably enough to consider ?
thanks

It's definitley worth it or otherwise you just pay more tax on your wages.

jimmip Jul 24th 2008 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 6605292)
It's definitley worth it or otherwise you just pay more tax on your wages.

Thanks for that !

annqldau Jul 25th 2008 8:11 am

Originally Posted by jimmip (Post 6607925)
Thanks for that !

Remserve have a site you can check it out on but as you are in Melbourne don't know who you use.

breezeboylan Jul 25th 2008 9:00 am

Originally Posted by jimmip (Post 6599919)
Hi,
thanks

Definitely, you will get a larger take home pay each fortnight if you salary package.
Tracie

augigi Jul 28th 2008 12:43 am

It's a no-brainer - paying bills from pre-tax salary and reducing your taxable income is always a good idea.

Kathryn V Aug 2nd 2008 1:49 pm

We salary packaged our rent almost as soon as we arrived in Perth and did it for approx 7 months. After that time we purchased a house and packaged that instead. It is certainly worth it and you can salary package so much more now, including entertaining and bills.

So save yourself some money and get signed up asap. :D

Kathryn

annqldau Aug 2nd 2008 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Kathryn V (Post 6638862)
We salary packaged our rent almost as soon as we arrived in Perth and did it for approx 7 months. After that time we purchased a house and packaged that instead. It is certainly worth it and you can salary package so much more now, including entertaining and bills.

So save yourself some money and get signed up asap. :D

Kathryn

Quite agree, basically you are saying no to tax free money otherwise and it's not often any government gives you a tax reduction.

wannabauzzienurse Aug 3rd 2008 2:18 am

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 6608959)
Remserve have a site you can check it out on but as you are in Melbourne don't know who you use.

Hi I've been to Remserve website and wanted to fill in the forms but need an employer number for Qld Health, does anyone know this number?

annqldau Aug 3rd 2008 6:17 am

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse (Post 6640461)
Hi I've been to Remserve website and wanted to fill in the forms but need an employer number for Qld Health, does anyone know this number?

It's your 6 figure individual pay number as on your pay packet and most forms you fill in.

wannabauzzienurse Aug 3rd 2008 6:33 am

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 6640701)
It's your 6 figure individual pay number as on your pay packet and most forms you fill in.

Thanks but that didn't work, I Googled a bit more and discovered the 'employer code' I was looking for is 'health', I tapped that in and can now access the info I needed :)

annqldau Aug 3rd 2008 6:52 am

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse (Post 6640719)
Thanks but that didn't work, I Googled a bit more and discovered the 'employer code' I was looking for is 'health', I tapped that in and can now access the info I needed :)

I think I have my own code now I'm registered so haven't had to use that, but glad you're soted.:thumbsup:

paulb Aug 3rd 2008 8:22 am

Originally Posted by annqldau (Post 6640736)
I think I have my own code now I'm registered so haven't had to use that, but glad you're soted.:thumbsup:

I salary package rent and meal entertainment. The more you do the better.
What do others package??