Salary packaging

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

jimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nice
Default Salary packaging

Hi,
Has anyone any thoughts on the benefits of salary packaging. We would probably only require packaging on our rent which is $ 1450.00 per month. Do you think it would be beneficial and reduce tax considerably enough to consider ?
thanks
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:28 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salary packaging

Originally Posted by jimmip View Post
Hi,
Has anyone any thoughts on the benefits of salary packaging. We would probably only require packaging on our rent which is $ 1450.00 per month. Do you think it would be beneficial and reduce tax considerably enough to consider ?
thanks
It's definitley worth it or otherwise you just pay more tax on your wages.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

jimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nicejimmip is just really nice

Originally Posted by annqldau View Post
It's definitley worth it or otherwise you just pay more tax on your wages.
Thanks for that !
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:11 am

Thanks for that !
Remserve have a site you can check it out on but as you are in Melbourne don't know who you use.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
thanks
Definitely, you will get a larger take home pay each fortnight if you salary package.
Tracie
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

It's a no-brainer - paying bills from pre-tax salary and reducing your taxable income is always a good idea.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

We salary packaged our rent almost as soon as we arrived in Perth and did it for approx 7 months. After that time we purchased a house and packaged that instead. It is certainly worth it and you can salary package so much more now, including entertaining and bills.

So save yourself some money and get signed up asap.

Kathryn
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Kathryn V View Post
We salary packaged our rent almost as soon as we arrived in Perth and did it for approx 7 months. After that time we purchased a house and packaged that instead. It is certainly worth it and you can salary package so much more now, including entertaining and bills.

So save yourself some money and get signed up asap.

Kathryn
Quite agree, basically you are saying no to tax free money otherwise and it's not often any government gives you a tax reduction.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 3:18 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Remserve have a site you can check it out on but as you are in Melbourne don't know who you use.
Hi I've been to Remserve website and wanted to fill in the forms but need an employer number for Qld Health, does anyone know this number?
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse View Post
Hi I've been to Remserve website and wanted to fill in the forms but need an employer number for Qld Health, does anyone know this number?
It's your 6 figure individual pay number as on your pay packet and most forms you fill in.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:33 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

It's your 6 figure individual pay number as on your pay packet and most forms you fill in.
Thanks but that didn't work, I Googled a bit more and discovered the 'employer code' I was looking for is 'health', I tapped that in and can now access the info I needed
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:52 am

Thumbs up Re: Salary packaging

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse View Post
Thanks but that didn't work, I Googled a bit more and discovered the 'employer code' I was looking for is 'health', I tapped that in and can now access the info I needed
I think I have my own code now I'm registered so haven't had to use that, but glad you're soted.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

I think I have my own code now I'm registered so haven't had to use that, but glad you're soted.
I salary package rent and meal entertainment. The more you do the better.
What do others package??