SA STNI Approved

Old May 30th 2005, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future
Default Re: SA STNI Approved

Hi
Congratulations.
Not been the BE for quite a while now so not up to speed with everyone's progress.
When are you planning on coming over? Do you have a job lined up yet?
Joanne
Old May 31st 2005, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Hi
Congratulations.
Not been the BE for quite a while now so not up to speed with everyone's progress.
When are you planning on coming over? Do you have a job lined up yet?
Joanne
Hi Joanne
we are hoping to be in Adelaide ASAP. Our main visa application will go off when we recieve documentation fron SA regarding sponsorship for visa. We were hoping to be there by Sept but that really is a bit optimistic!!! so Oct/Nov. I have been in contact with Flinders and have e-mailed them my Cv, they want me to contact then nearer the time to see if they have vacancies.
Where are you based and working, and how long have you been over there?
look forward to hearing from you
jacqui
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Hi Joanne
we are hoping to be in Adelaide ASAP. Our main visa application will go off when we recieve documentation fron SA regarding sponsorship for visa. We were hoping to be there by Sept but that really is a bit optimistic!!! so Oct/Nov. I have been in contact with Flinders and have e-mailed them my Cv, they want me to contact then nearer the time to see if they have vacancies.
Where are you based and working, and how long have you been over there?
look forward to hearing from you
jacqui
Hi jacqui
I'm not working - it's my husband who is the nurse but he never comes on here. He is at the QEH, he started the same day as Di. We have been here sice beg of April and are currently living in North Haven which is a lovely place but tooooo quiet for us. It's getting better!!!
James was also offered a job at Flinders and he really liked both hospitals but he was able to do long shifts on his ward at QE so that swung it really.
Anyway he seems to be enjoying the job.
You will be here just in time for the summer then.
Good luck.
Joanne
Old Jun 1st 2005, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Hi jacqui
I'm not working - it's my husband who is the nurse but he never comes on here. He is at the QEH, he started the same day as Di. We have been here sice beg of April and are currently living in North Haven which is a lovely place but tooooo quiet for us. It's getting better!!!
James was also offered a job at Flinders and he really liked both hospitals but he was able to do long shifts on his ward at QE so that swung it really.
Anyway he seems to be enjoying the job.
You will be here just in time for the summer then.
Good luck.
Joanne
I am going to contact QEH to see what they have , did your hubby have a job before going out? The main visa applicatio will go out in a couple of days, so dependant on when we get the visa is when we ship out, we are rentimg out our house in the Uk so we can go ASAP.
How are you finding the Adelaide winter? we have heard lots of debate on how cold it is and that the Ozzies won't go out because it is to cold!!!!!It has to be sub zero over here for us not to go to the beach ect!!!
could you give me any info on the areas to be looking at to settle in bearing in mind we have a 14yr old daughter, any general info will do, we have been on websites but they dont really help. Are you renting a place ? and if so what is the property like?
thanks for the info joanne, spaek soon jacqui
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

I am going to contact QEH to see what they have , did your hubby have a job before going out? The main visa applicatio will go out in a couple of days, so dependant on when we get the visa is when we ship out, we are rentimg out our house in the Uk so we can go ASAP.
How are you finding the Adelaide winter? we have heard lots of debate on how cold it is and that the Ozzies won't go out because it is to cold!!!!!It has to be sub zero over here for us not to go to the beach ect!!!
could you give me any info on the areas to be looking at to settle in bearing in mind we have a 14yr old daughter, any general info will do, we have been on websites but they dont really help. Are you renting a place ? and if so what is the property like?
thanks for the info joanne, spaek soon jacqui
Hi Jacqui
James had his job lined up with QE through BBT but I personally didn't rate them.
I'm not coping too well with the weather and it's going to get even colder!!! I keep having to tell myself and my daughter that it's only for a few months and it will have been worth it once the summer starts.
I'm probably not the best person to ask about areas as I haven't been here too long. For us it was just a matter of finding a house not too far away from work for James. Although Noth Haven is a lovely place it is really quiet. We are renting for 12 months and the house is lovely but too big for us. It's not the type of house I will choose to buy. My daughter who is 13 tends to meet her friends at the marina after school, they go to west lakes shopping on thursdays which is late night and they are planning on going to the pictures and have a few concerts lined up I think. She's not into sports so not sure what facilities are out there.
Hope this helps a bit. Let me know if you need anything else.
Joanne
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear you are settling in Joanne and Di, its good to hear your views on Adelaide's suburbs.
We will be looking in a few weeks time ourselves, and also need to live within a reasonable commute of the QEH.
See you out there at the end of June,

Lisa
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just to update you and let you know that we have had an e-mail forn SA to tell us that they will sponsor us for an STNI visa. YIPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Great News S/Nurse, bet you're relieved to get the STNI.

Have you registered with the NBSA yet? Reason I ask is that they are not the quickest State Board to sort out your registration.

Lisa x
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by primrose
Great News S/Nurse, bet you're relieved to get the STNI.

Have you registered with the NBSA yet? Reason I ask is that they are not the quickest State Board to sort out your registration.

Lisa x
How long do they take, I wanted to sent it off at the beginning of July so I get a full year. I have all of the documentation ready to go.
It looks like our main visa application will be ready to go Monday!!!!!! how excited are we!!!!!!!
We will have to all arrange to meet up on the other side
Old Jun 3rd 2005, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

How long do they take, I wanted to sent it off at the beginning of July so I get a full year. I have all of the documentation ready to go.
It looks like our main visa application will be ready to go Monday!!!!!! how excited are we!!!!!!!
We will have to all arrange to meet up on the other side
Not sure how long it takes if you have initial skills assessment from ANMC, I did it the other way round (see time line below for dates) You could try asking pieman on adbrits, his wife registered with NBSA after skills assessment with ANMC.
How are you sending your main visa application?

Lisa
Old Jun 4th 2005, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by primrose
Not sure how long it takes if you have initial skills assessment from ANMC, I did it the other way round (see time line below for dates) You could try asking pieman on adbrits, his wife registered with NBSA after skills assessment with ANMC.
How are you sending your main visa application?

Lisa
Will possibly send it DHL how did you you send yours?