British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   Rockingham General W.A. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/rockingham-general-w-421290/)

nick333 Jan 24th 2007 1:22 pm

Rockingham General W.A.

Have just enquired about the new graduate prog at Rockingham General Hospital and need to send my details. Does anyone know how long they tie you into a contract, we will be coming on a 457 visa

Thanks

Grayling Jan 24th 2007 1:30 pm

Re: Rockingham General W.A.

Originally Posted by nick333 (Post 4320098)
Have just enquired about the new graduate prog at Rockingham General Hospital and need to send my details. Does anyone know how long they tie you into a contract, we will be coming on a 457 visa

Thanks

On a 457 visa you have no choice but to work for your sponsor. The contract is for as long as they are prepared to sponsor you. They have the upper hand as you can not leave your job unless you can find another sponsor....you will be kicked out of the country if you do.

Why not save yourself a lot of potential hassle and go for an independent PR visa or employer sponsored PR in the first place?

G

carolwilk34 Feb 1st 2007 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 4320114)
On a 457 visa you have no choice but to work for your sponsor. The contract is for as long as they are prepared to sponsor you. They have the upper hand as you can not leave your job unless you can find another sponsor....you will be kicked out of the country if you do.

Why not save yourself a lot of potential hassle and go for an independent PR visa or employer sponsored PR in the first place?

G

Hi,

I start at PARK on Monday, 5th Feb on the Nurse Grad Programme. So far, they have all been very friendly, even allowing me to do 3 days a week and extending the programme to 18 months instead of 12.

I appreciate the the 457 visa is not for everyone. We came on this visa in October and were sponsored for PR in December through my husband who works for the mental health team there. It works for some and not for others. We were not in a rush to buy a house.

Any questions, PM me.

Carol

OzzieNurse Feb 2nd 2007 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by carolwilk34 (Post 4350178)
Hi,

I start at PARK on Monday, 5th Feb on the Nurse Grad Programme. So far, they have all been very friendly, even allowing me to do 3 days a week and extending the programme to 18 months instead of 12.

I appreciate the the 457 visa is not for everyone. We came on this visa in October and were sponsored for PR in December through my husband who works for the mental health team there. It works for some and not for others. We were not in a rush to buy a house.

Any questions, PM me.

Carol

Does Rockingham General do ENS sponsorships?

carolwilk34 Feb 2nd 2007 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Rachie241 (Post 4354296)
Does Rockingham General do ENS sponsorships?

Hi Rachel

Not sure but will find out next week for you. Do you mean Enrolled Nurse Sponsorship? just to make sure?

OzzieNurse Feb 2nd 2007 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by carolwilk34 (Post 4354365)
Hi Rachel

Not sure but will find out next week for you. Do you mean Enrolled Nurse Sponsorship? just to make sure?

No employee nomination scheme it's the permanent visa sponsorship :)