RMN - diploma - what sort of CPD do they need

Old Sep 19th 2012, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Vernsdownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RMN - diploma - what sort of CPD do they need

Hi my husband is an experienced RMN with a diploma, I notice they need proof of CPD if they havn't got the degree.

My husband did his skills assessment about 5 years ago and a lot has changed since then. We have a visa that runs out in 14 months and and want to get the AHPRA sorted now to move in the next twelve months.

Plus I have completed my general nurse training, however only to diploma level unfortunately.

How much do they need and what sort of CPD.

I.e. he has completed all his mandatory training including C&R, Safeguarding, Moving & Handling, De-escalation, ILS etc. He keeps up to date with reading journals and Learning Zones but I don't know if that would count.

If anyone has recently been in a similar situation, please advise.

Thanks

Tracey x
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:05 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RMN - diploma - what sort of CPD do they need

CPD requirements here are the same as the UK....at least 20 hours per year.

Include any training, personal study or reading as CPD. Any management meetings, clinical reviews etc. all count, any appraisals, student supervision and assessment, personal and clinical supervision, project work or, indeed, any incidents at work where there is debriefing or reflection.

Virtually anything can count as CPD providing there is written reflection and you can provide documentation.

Over here.....reflection is the key
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Thats great

Thank you

So he doesn't need to have completed assignments at level 6 or anything then.

Great News

Thankyou
Old Sep 19th 2012, 10:20 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vernsdownunder
Thats great

Thank you

So he doesn't need to have completed assignments at level 6 or anything then.

Great News

Thankyou
Basically....the more the merrier.
Mandatory CPD is very new here so there is no real format. Try to put together a personal CPD portfolio which includes everything that could be construed as developmempnt...and, as I said, include personal reflection on everything.
All mandatory training will also count. Include professional memberships and involvement. Any work in a management, supervisory or training role all counts.....any work with students should be included. Try to aim for a mix of experiences and include everything.

Incidentally there is no separate qualification for mental health here. RMNs ans RNs will all be registered simply as RNS so the same rules apply to both of you.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for that.

We will ensure his Portfolio is updated appropriately.

I have only just qualified and start a 6 month preceptorship 1st Oct in Urgent Care, hoping to get 12months experience and move before the visa runs out.

Thank you for your help.

Tracey