resident return visa???

Old Jun 10th 2005, 9:43 pm
ad4ozz

Default resident return visa???

I have read an article that states that everyone wanting to leave Australia even for a few days then return needs a resident return visa.

If i'm going to Australia on holiday to validate my permanent visa will I need, because i'm coming back to UK to sell house etc., a Resident Return Visa before I can get back in?

The immi site as usual is a unclear on this, hope someone knows the answer.

Will my 136 visa be enough once stamped for me to return on wthout the resident return visa?

Old Jun 10th 2005, 9:47 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: resident return visa???

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
I have read an article that states that everyone wanting to leave Australia even for a few days then return needs a resident return visa.

If i'm going to Australia on holiday to validate my permanent visa will I need, because i'm coming back to UK to sell house etc., a Resident Return Visa before I can get back in?

The immi site as usual is a unclear on this, hope someone knows the answer.

Will my 136 visa be enough once stamped for me to return on wthout the resident return visa?
Could be totally wrong but as far as I know you can come and go from the country as you please up until your PR visa expires. At that point you either become a citizen (2 years has to be spent continuously in Oz at some point) or you need to apply for a RRV after PR visa has expired - I don't think you need to do anything just now - JAJ will clarify and word it better than me i'm sure!

Lynn
Old Jun 11th 2005, 5:08 pm
ad4ozz

Question Re: resident return visa???

The article I read suggested that you needed a RRV even if you had a PR...it states that an RRV allows Australian permanent reisdents to travel to and from Australia as often as they wish within the validity of the visa while maintaining their status as permanent residents.

Now we won't dare leave the country once we get in... :scared: .

Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

The article I read suggested that you needed a RRV even if you had a PR...it states that an RRV allows Australian permanent reisdents to travel to and from Australia as often as they wish within the validity of the visa while maintaining their status as permanent residents.

Now we won't dare leave the country once we get in... :scared: .
Your visa gives you rights to enter and leave the country for the time stated (usually 5 years)...... it should say so on it.

Stop whittling

G
Old Jun 11th 2005, 7:33 pm
ad4ozz

Talking Re: resident return visa???

Tut tut never mind the whittling bit you must really be turning into a transvestite tubs. My visa states Multiple travel and permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely with an initial entry by 12 nov 05.

So do the words multiple travel equate to equivalent of RRV?

Does it mean i'm a 'local' who's allowed to leave?

Old Jun 12th 2005, 8:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

So do the words multiple travel equate to equivalent of RRV?

Does it mean i'm a 'local' who's allowed to leave?
Yep

You can come and go as you please for the 5 years.

However you need to spend at least 2 years in total (including 1 year in the last 2) in Australia to qualify for a RRV after that.

Best thing to do is get citizenship after 2 years and save any future hassle.

Surprisingly most PR's do not bother getting citizenship.

G
Old Jun 12th 2005, 5:06 pm
ad4ozz

Cheers Grayling