Registration with QNC

Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

ILuvOz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Registration with QNC

Hi guys,

Gentle with me I'm a virgin to the forum. I have just begun the process of applying for skills assessment with ANMC, but was wondering if I ought to be registering with Queensland Nursing Council now or nearer the time we emmigrate. It seems that a lot of the information required for ANMC is also required for QNC, so to me would make sense to do both at the same time.

We hope to move to Goldcoast Jan 2006, any help and advise with this?

Also does anyone know if QNC request transcripts as documentary evidence of nursing course content, as I have already requested NMC send to ANMC, so would have to act quickly to get them to send to QNC too.

I would like to hear about how any of you found job hunting. Did you find jobs of equal grading to here? Presently I am a clinical nurse manager on a medicine for the elderly unit, I have lots of clinical and managerial experience and would therefore like to aim for a job of equal standing. Am I being unrealistic, will it be a case of start on lowest grade and work my way up again or is our knowledge and experience acknowledged when applying for nursing posts?

Donna.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Registration with QNC

Originally Posted by ILuvOz
Hi guys,

Gentle with me I'm a virgin to the forum. I have just begun the process of applying for skills assessment with ANMC, but was wondering if I ought to be registering with Queensland Nursing Council now or nearer the time we emmigrate. It seems that a lot of the information required for ANMC is also required for QNC, so to me would make sense to do both at the same time.

We hope to move to Goldcoast Jan 2006, any help and advise with this?

Also does anyone know if QNC request transcripts as documentary evidence of nursing course content, as I have already requested NMC send to ANMC, so would have to act quickly to get them to send to QNC too.

I would like to hear about how any of you found job hunting. Did you find jobs of equal grading to here? Presently I am a clinical nurse manager on a medicine for the elderly unit, I have lots of clinical and managerial experience and would therefore like to aim for a job of equal standing. Am I being unrealistic, will it be a case of start on lowest grade and work my way up again or is our knowledge and experience acknowledged when applying for nursing posts?

Donna.
Hi, just begun the process too.

Firstly register with the nursing board in the state you wish to work i. e Queensland. To do this you will have to visit the website for a form. Part of the form asks for the NMC to send verification to Oz, so you will need to contact the NMC also. They can send your details to several boards including the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council

Once registered, you can apply for a MODIFIED skills assessment as opposed to a FULL assessment. Much cheaper and quicker. If you are not registerd with a board, you will have to have the full assessment. See the ANMC web site for details. Once you have this, you can apply for the visa, which involves other 'checks', but start this process first.

Keep watching these boards, I've found them most helpfull.

Im a G grade CPN, and my wage, beacause of experience will be top of the Oz nursing scale, (approx £23.5k )slightly less than my UK wage. Nurse managers wages, I dont know about.

Paul
Old Jan 20th 2005, 10:45 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Welcome to the forum (we are nice people really!!!)

Yes Paul has got it in one - STOP RIGHT IN YOUR TRACKS APPLYING FOR THAT FULL ANMC SKILLS ASSESSMENT! Save yourself a fortune by registering 1st in the state you want to work in and once you hold registration apply to the ANMC for the modified skills assessment. As Paul says you save a lot of money and the modified assessment is processed muck quicker too. The ANMC don't broadcast this and make a fortune out of a lot of people. See my signature to see the speed that I got registered in Queensland and now have my modified skills assessment ready to enclose with my skilled independent visa application.

What type of visa are you going for?
Where do you want to move to?

I am hoping to move to Brisbane Nov 2005 and will be submitting my visa in the next couple of weeks.

Paul are you frontloading your meds then? I think I am just going to do it after all.

Lynn
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi Welcome to the forum (we are nice people really!!!)

Yes Paul has got it in one - STOP RIGHT IN YOUR TRACKS APPLYING FOR THAT FULL ANMC SKILLS ASSESSMENT! Save yourself a fortune by registering 1st in the state you want to work in and once you hold registration apply to the ANMC for the modified skills assessment. As Paul says you save a lot of money and the modified assessment is processed muck quicker too. The ANMC don't broadcast this and make a fortune out of a lot of people. See my signature to see the speed that I got registered in Queensland and now have my modified skills assessment ready to enclose with my skilled independent visa application.

What type of visa are you going for?
Where do you want to move to?

I am hoping to move to Brisbane Nov 2005 and will be submitting my visa in the next couple of weeks.

Paul are you frontloading your meds then? I think I am just going to do it after all.

Lynn
Lynne

I will send my visa application off (when ready) with police checks, and hopefully get my medicals done soon after so the docs will send them, hopefully within a couple of weeks of my application going. I've thought about this long and hard and I want to go THIS year so Im going to take the risk.
Sorry for hi-jacking the thread Donna.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: Registration with QNC

Originally Posted by paulb
Hi, just begun the process too.

Firstly register with the nursing board in the state you wish to work i. e Queensland. To do this you will have to visit the website for a form. Part of the form asks for the NMC to send verification to Oz, so you will need to contact the NMC also. They can send your details to several boards including the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council

Once registered, you can apply for a MODIFIED skills assessment as opposed to a FULL assessment. Much cheaper and quicker. If you are not registerd with a board, you will have to have the full assessment. See the ANMC web site for details. Once you have this, you can apply for the visa, which involves other 'checks', but start this process first.

Keep watching these boards, I've found them most helpfull.

Im a G grade CPN, and my wage, beacause of experience will be top of the Oz nursing scale, (approx £23.5k )slightly less than my UK wage. Nurse managers wages, I dont know about.

Paul
Paul
Thankyou so much for the info. As yet I still have the assessment with me, so I will email our agent tonight to tell her to refund us some money.When I originally queried with her about QNC a few days ago she said they dont deal with state registration only ANMC.As yet I haven't rquested verification from NMC as I will request to go to ANMC and QNC as then it will only cost me £34 once.
I assume my wage would be same then as I too am G grade, until agenda for change kicks in then it's anyones guess.
Thanks again.
Which part of OZ are you hoping to move to and when are you hoping to go?

Donna
Old Jan 20th 2005, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paulb
Lynne

I will send my visa application off (when ready) with police checks, and hopefully get my medicals done soon after so the docs will send them, hopefully within a couple of weeks of my application going. I've thought about this long and hard and I want to go THIS year so Im going to take the risk.
Sorry for hi-jacking the thread Donna.
Lynn
No worries. Thanks for the input, great to know we're not alone in this major life changing event.
Reading some of the threads last night, there appear to be lots of us northerners escaping to the sun.Although we now live in Peterborough, we come from Wigan and I'll always be a lancashire lass.
We are hoping to live in the Goldcoast, hoping Jan 2006 as this would be good timing for the children with school. Laura nearly 14( going on 30) and Christopher 3.We went to goldcoast in November and fell in love with the place, we bought an appartment whilst there in Surfers paradise, won't be ready until December 2005.We plan to have holiday October to tie up loose ends before eventually moving there. Anxious and excited. My family are making things difficult.Lots of emotional blackmail going on.
Thanks for being there.Sometimes makes you feel better just to say it.

Donna
Old Jan 20th 2005, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ILuvOz
Paul
Thankyou so much for the info. As yet I still have the assessment with me, so I will email our agent tonight to tell her to refund us some money.When I originally queried with her about QNC a few days ago she said they dont deal with state registration only ANMC.As yet I haven't rquested verification from NMC as I will request to go to ANMC and QNC as then it will only cost me £34 once.
I assume my wage would be same then as I too am G grade, until agenda for change kicks in then it's anyones guess.
Thanks again.
Which part of OZ are you hoping to move to and when are you hoping to go?

Donna
Donna

Sounds like agent giving you duff advice!!

Your right about getting the NMC to send stuff to ANMC and QNC, so only costing £34.

We hope to go by September (maybe optimistic, but as soon as we get visas, sell house etc) to Grafton in NSW which is about 2-3hrs south of Brisbane, further down from Byron Bay, but not as far as Coffs Harbour. havent got a job as such, but spoke to Director of mental health and he assures me of various positions becoming available with the option to do casual work initially to see which part of the service I prefer.
Would like to work 2, have 5 off and be paid$50K!!!!

Paul
Old Jan 21st 2005, 12:55 pm
ad4ozz

Hoping to be paid lots of money but will probably fail miserably at that. I’m a G Grade at present but who knows when I get to Oz. Can’t be any worse than the way our health service is going... .

Hoping to head for Brisbane area around Sept to Dec ish… did plan sooner at first but so many things to do now can’t see it being sooner but you never know if the visa comes sooner may get my skates on.

Hoping to work out of city where there is community work but need to be near industry of some sort as hubby is in stores/logistics or HGV driver depending on what job he finds… .