Registration..How/when to go about it?

Old Feb 15th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future
Default Registration..How/when to go about it?

Hi,
I have PR, visa granted Jan 06, and have been out to validate.
Plan was to move out Oct ish 07( Queensland) but not sure now, may be following year.
I am a bit confused about the registration process and what is involved.
What documents do you need? When is the best time ie is it valid for a year after you register or renewable at the same date each year?
Does it make a difference if the ANMC skills assessment is still valid (April 05)?
Any help appreciated
Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2007, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Registration..How/when to go about it?

Originally Posted by pata
Hi,
I have PR, visa granted Jan 06, and have been out to validate.
Plan was to move out Oct ish 07( Queensland) but not sure now, may be following year.
I am a bit confused about the registration process and what is involved.
What documents do you need? When is the best time ie is it valid for a year after you register or renewable at the same date each year?
Does it make a difference if the ANMC skills assessment is still valid (April 05)?
Any help appreciated
Thanks
HI Alison, it doesnt make any difference if you have had your skills asesssed with anmc.
I registered with victoria nursing board, I went to the website and downloaded the forms, you need all the stuff you sent for the anmc registration, plus a little more e.g references HAD to come from human resource manager or director of nursing, they have to say things like the hospital is an english/scottish one.
I would get cracking alison , my registration took around 3 months to come, I heard rumours that queensland is taking quite long as well, although people on here might put your mind to rest on that one.

You can after being registered in one state get it transferred to another if you change states.

Last edited by Margaret3; Feb 19th 2007 at 12:59 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice
Default Re: Registration..How/when to go about it?

Hi. I was granted PR in September last year, and intend on moving to Brisbane in June this year. I applied for registration with Queensland nursing board, just so that it was another thing I could tick off my list, at the end of last year. The ANMC sent all my certified info through so I didnt need to worry about that. They sent it direct to QNC.
I had a letter of acknowledgement and had to send my fee.
I heard that I had registration in the post a few weeks ago. Received my badge and certificate.
They send you a reminder to register again Between April and June and you have to re- register before the end of June. At least it will be straight forward this time and I can do it whilst still in the UK
Up to you really, some people wait, some dont.
All the best, Jackie