Questions re: PR

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

hotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the rough
Default Questions re: PR

Hi guys,

Don't know if you remember me, im Naomi and cam over to Brisbane in November on a sponsored 457.

I do really like it here, but am missing my home. I think im going to want to go home at the end of 1 year or so, but would rather go home with my permanant residency in place. I heard that as a nurse if you can get sponsered for your PR by your employer it can speed the process up majorly.

Does anyone know how long i have to have been in the country working before i can apply for PR and also if i will then be tied to a contract and unable to leave the country?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Naomi x
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:54 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions re: PR

Originally Posted by hotel44
Hi guys,

Don't know if you remember me, im Naomi and cam over to Brisbane in November on a sponsored 457.

I do really like it here, but am missing my home. I think im going to want to go home at the end of 1 year or so, but would rather go home with my permanant residency in place. I heard that as a nurse if you can get sponsered for your PR by your employer it can speed the process up majorly.

Does anyone know how long i have to have been in the country working before i can apply for PR and also if i will then be tied to a contract and unable to leave the country?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Naomi x
Hi Naomi, I remember you. Sorry you are feeling a bit homesick right now. you have come out at a difficult time just before xmas and what with all the crap weather we are having right now.

I'm not 100% sure but I think if you can get an employer to sponsor you for PR you can almost do it straight away. ( I know some of the girls on the unit where I work have been sponsored for PR so I will try an find out for sure) but the hospital may tie you into a 2 year contract.

Where are you working? have you got to meet many people? things mights seem very different in 12 months time.

jackie x
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

hotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hi Naomi, I remember you. Sorry you are feeling a bit homesick right now. you have come out at a difficult time just before xmas and what with all the crap weather we are having right now.

I'm not 100% sure but I think if you can get an employer to sponsor you for PR you can almost do it straight away. ( I know some of the girls on the unit where I work have been sponsored for PR so I will try an find out for sure) but the hospital may tie you into a 2 year contract.

Where are you working? have you got to meet many people? things mights seem very different in 12 months time.

jackie x

Hi Jackie!

Yeah that'd be great if you could find out for me.

I'm not unhappy, im actually having a great time, but because i came over completely alone i am missing my family.

I don't know how i'll feel in a year, but i do know i dont want to just leave and waste all the time i spent getting my 457, so i need to get my PR pefore i go!

Naomi xxx
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 8:56 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hotel44
Hi Jackie!

Yeah that'd be great if you could find out for me.

I'm not unhappy, im actually having a great time, but because i came over completely alone i am missing my family.

I don't know how i'll feel in a year, but i do know i dont want to just leave and waste all the time i spent getting my 457, so i need to get my PR pefore i go!

Naomi xxx
ah I see what you mean. well I am back at work on sunday but not sure if the girl who has just got her PR is on shift but as soon as I see her again i will find out for you.