Question about skills assessment for Oz

Old Apr 23rd 2006, 7:11 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold
Default Question about skills assessment for Oz

Hi,

We are looking to move out to south australia and I am just about to start applying to the ANMC.

We have contacted an agent but think that we can complete the ANMC application ourselves. I just have two queries!

Firstly I have my graduation cerfiticate to show my qualification, but do I need to contact the universtiy I studied at for a transcript of the syllabus. I qualifed 10 years ago so am a lilttle unsure of how that will work?

Secondly, I presume I need to ask the NMC to write to the ANMC to prove my current registration as the application form states they need this letter before I actuallly apply and that it must come direct from the body I am registered with now!?

Really apprechiate any advice,

Thanks

Jen
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 7:43 pm
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all
Default Re: Question about skills assessment for Oz

Originally Posted by temptininnit
Hi,

We are looking to move out to south australia and I am just about to start applying to the ANMC.

We have contacted an agent but think that we can complete the ANMC application ourselves. I just have two queries!

Firstly I have my graduation cerfiticate to show my qualification, but do I need to contact the universtiy I studied at for a transcript of the syllabus. I qualifed 10 years ago so am a lilttle unsure of how that will work?

Secondly, I presume I need to ask the NMC to write to the ANMC to prove my current registration as the application form states they need this letter before I actuallly apply and that it must come direct from the body I am registered with now!?

Really apprechiate any advice,

Thanks

Jen
Hiya Jen,

you will have no problems with either. just ring the NMC and tell them what you need and they will organise it to be sent for you they have the transcript they require i think it is probably a generic one maybe from the year you qualified, they charge about £36 to do it mind but you will need to get used to paying out this process cost a fortune.

one tip we got from our agents is about the reference from your current employer' it needs to be general and quite in depth, it needs to state the hours you work and how long you have been employed for, mine ended up 3 pages long, pm me if you need any more info

good luck

paula
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Hi Jen,

If you contact the NMC verifications dept, Tel 0207 333 6627, they will send confirmation of your initial registration and current registration. It costs £34 and make sure you have your pin number, credit card and details of where you want the verification sent to hand. I think you can choose 5 places for it to be sent to, so anmc and SA, along with anywhere else you might fancy!!

Another thing you may be interested in is that it seems to be quicker, and is DEFINITELY cheaper if you register with the state you want to work in, then apply to the ANMC for a Modified Skills assessment. Maybe do a search on this site as it has been discussed abit.

With regards to the university transcript, they will need to be sent directly to wherever you choose to register first. I have recently been through the process, it was £10 and the uni had up to 40 days to send it.... so it's best to get the ball rolling asap. I think if the place you did your training has closed down then you approach the NMC, but not 100% sure that's right.

Hope it goes well

wren x
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

With regards to the university transcript, they will need to be sent directly to wherever you choose to register first. I have recently been through the process, it was £10 and the uni had up to 40 days to send it.... so it's best to get the ball rolling asap. I think if the place you did your training has closed down then you approach the NMC, but not 100% sure that's right.

Hope it goes well

As Wren said the NMC told me that I had to get my Transcriptsfrom my Uni as they dont keep them anymore unless the place you trained has closed down, then they have them. I didn't get my transcriptsset direct I got three copies sent to me and then I sent 1 with my registration for WA and then 1 with my skills assessment and both were fine and the third one I sent with the visa application. but I think time and price depends on your Uni. Manchester charged me £20 and took 3 months to send them to me!!!!
Your verification of registration must be sent direct. Good luck
Tracie
Old Apr 24th 2006, 5:46 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

That has been really useful! Thanks all for your advice.

Sorry about the typing errors - it had been a long day!!!!

Jen