Queensland Health

Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

roxyinitalia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Queensland Health

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So it sounds like they are planning to sponsor you permanently, as the 457 is a temp visa? Why aren't they sponsoring on a perm visa straightaway?
I don't think the PR visa if applied for would kick in before the six month work condition on the WHV so this is why we opted to apply for the 457. after the probation period they would be assist with the PR, if I decided to apply for it.
cheers
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by roxyinitalia
yes my position is permanent and I am being sponsored on a 457 for the position. I just happened to enter on the country on a WHV until I was able to locate a permanent sponsored position.
You are SW Roxy? Where are you going to be based? Would love to hear how you find it, I am trying to aim to get out there at end of October but still waiting on 457 so a bit up in the air at the moment. Im going to acute care team based in Caboolture Hopsital but working between Redcliffe and Caboolture.

Angi
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 6:38 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all

Sorry to butt in but I seem to be getting all confused about the visa etc.
I have been talking to Townsville about applying for thier graduate nurse program next march (I qualify aug 09) and people talk about visa 175 457 etcand I have no idea which one is which and which apply to me or which I can aply for and have even looked on the immigration site and still have got all confused about it
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Simone00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Queensland Health

Hi Avi,

I think the 457 visa is the one you'll be applying for. The 175 is a permament independant visa, but you need a year's experience to be able to go for that one. Arguably that one is better as you're not tied to a sponsor and you're free to leave jobs as and when you like, and you're a permanent resident form day one. As you'll be a newly qualified you won't have the required year's experience to apply for an independant visa so will need to find a sponsor, which will be the 457 temporary visa. Although 457 visas are granted much quicker than 175s, there are drawbacks, such as if you leave/lose your job you have approx 30(?) days to find another sponsor before you have to leave the counrty. I'm not sure about Queensland but there may be school fees tot depending on which state you're in, and I think you wouldn't be eligible for benefits either??? I'm sure someone can elaborate on those points and any others I've missed!
Hope this helps,

Simone
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Simone has pretty much summed up the situation - there are no school fees in Qld but there are other drawbacks - lots of posts available on this subject too
Old Sep 24th 2008, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Angib
You are SW Roxy? Where are you going to be based? Would love to hear how you find it, I am trying to aim to get out there at end of October but still waiting on 457 so a bit up in the air at the moment. Im going to acute care team based in Caboolture Hopsital but working between Redcliffe and Caboolture.

Angi
:
Congrats Angi. I am working with the Acute Care Team on the Sunshine Coast. I start next week so I will keep you posted. Good luck and keep in touch.
Cheers.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks - Booking flights this weekend and will be starting on 3/11/08 agh!!!
just need to try and work out how to fit a 4 bed house in a suitcase with 20kg limit ???
good luck for starting it will be a breeze i'm sure
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Angib
Thanks - Booking flights this weekend and will be starting on 3/11/08 agh!!!
just need to try and work out how to fit a 4 bed house in a suitcase with 20kg limit ???
good luck for starting it will be a breeze i'm sure
20kg, 4bed house. good luck. We flew w/ Emirates from Italy and we had 46kg total. We were nervous for the xtra cost but they allowed us by w/ no xtra cost due to the fact the plane was u half empty...lol.
maybe you can send some things before had through cargo?

Cheers
Old Sep 24th 2008, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

yeah using baggage company to send 10 boxes of essentials lol!!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Just an Update - after feeling like things would never happen - I was granted 457 today - only 2 years initially as my new employer filled out form incorrectly however as they have discussed going for PR i am not concerned.

Start work at Caboolture Acute Team on 3rd November agh!!! For all of you still waiting good luck - I would highlight that even though the process seems sooooo long they estimated 6 months in March and low and behold ta da!! I would also say I had a candidate care co-ordinator appointed when the visa was submitted and she has been fab - really helped talk me down when i was getting stressed and always takes the time to answer emails no matter how obscure or often

I submitted 457 on 8/9/08 and was granted today 2/10 so not horrendous.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:02 am
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Queensland Health

Wow fab for u so pleased big cheer here for u.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice

Received our 457 visas yesterday, plan to get out there 1st week in January