qualify in sept

Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:43 pm
Qualify in Sept!

mattyuk will become famous soon enough
Smile qualify in sept

Hi, i qualify as a registered nurse in sept from uk, i dream of nursing in OZ, is it possible to get a job wit no experience?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 5:35 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: qualify in sept

Originally Posted by mattyuk
Hi, i qualify as a registered nurse in sept from uk, i dream of nursing in OZ, is it possible to get a job wit no experience?
It is possible, that is what I'm doing but many will say it's best to get some post reg experience here first. There are no jobs for me here...I qualified a couple of weeks ago, but luckily I got offered a job in Cairns after making some email enquiries.
The only visa options for a newly qualified nurse are the employer sponsored visas. Most people will say it's best to have an independent visa but you'll need at least 12 months experience for that. Look at the DIMA website, http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration.htm
Good luck
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:11 pm
Qualify in Sept!

Smile Re: qualify in sept

Thanks for the information, im really pleased that it is possible, could i ask what order you did it in, did you look for a Job in cairns before you qualified, then australian registration and finally apply for visa?

I have tried agencies but they informed me that i need 1 years experience. Did you apply for a Job in a Hospital? Any tips would be grateful
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Matt

Glad you made it, hope the site helps, more on here seem to be going to Australia instead of the US

SD
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:55 pm

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Thanks for the information, im really pleased that it is possible, could i ask what order you did it in, did you look for a Job in cairns before you qualified, then australian registration and finally apply for visa?

I have tried agencies but they informed me that i need 1 years experience. Did you apply for a Job in a Hospital? Any tips would be grateful
I got the job kind of by accident really, I was just emailing some hospitals in Qld just to ask if they ever employ/sponsor newly qualified overseas nurses and Cairns just happened to be in the middle of a recruitment drive in the UK. They interviewed me while they were in the UK last september (5 months before I qualified!) and offered me a job.
At the moment I'm waiting for my PIN then I can apply for Australian registration and visa at the same time and hoping to be there by June.
Have a look at http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/gnor/
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:07 pm
Qualify in Sept!

Thanks for the information link i have just emailed them, do you know if they will be interviewing in the uk soon or at present?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 8:50 pm

Thanks for the information link i have just emailed them, do you know if they will be interviewing in the uk soon or at present?
Don't think Cairns is recruiting any more at present (they took on 150 already!) but if you look around the queensland health website you can get contact info for the other hospitals and you could perhaps look at different states. I know Perth hospitals have a similar graduate nurse programme. Don't know about the other states at all :-)
Old Feb 13th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Most agencies will take you on a 457 temp visa, in fact usually they encourage people to go on one, even if its not the best option (this is for their own ends!). No experience required but quite a few restrictions. You arn't entitled to medicare, you will have probs buying a house, time doesn't count towards citizenship, may have to come home if you get ill/dont like the employer etc. However, this visa does work for lots of people, doesn't for others. Could apply for regional sponsorship-no work experience required or state sponsored 134 visa-six months post reg experience required. See dima website for details as linked before. 136PR is prob the best but requires 12months experience, within the last 18months.

Are you RGN or RMN and are there no jobs where you are? Its a very hot topic on here, and i dont want to stir up a hornets nest, but dont you want to work in the country that trained you up first, at least for a period?

good luck

Ade S
Old Feb 13th 2007, 6:42 pm

Are you RGN or RMN and are there no jobs where you are? Its a very hot topic on here, and i dont want to stir up a hornets nest, but dont you want to work in the country that trained you up first, at least for a period?
Our trust offered the newly qualified nurses HCA positions as there were no jobs (even tho the wards are desperately short) so personnally NO I don't want to work here.....they have had enough cheap labour off of me already
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:18 pm
Qualify in Sept!

Probably gonna stir up a lot of contraversial opinions with this post but no i dont feel i owe britain anything, no i dont think i will find a Job, I am a seconded student nurse from my trust so they have paid me a wage to train. i have had a meetin with the manager of secondment and have been told i need too look for Jobs elsewhere or as you have mentioned work as an auxillary nurse, i decided too choose to find another Job elsewhere. There are no Jobs in the Uk as every1 knows, therefore i have decided too look for a Job somewhere else and choose Oz, afterall the reason why i cant find a Job in the Uk is because we have employed from overseas. OZ has a shortage of nurses like we once did over here in Uk, my services are needed over there, it is a life time opportunity which i dont want too miss therefore while im still young, single and not tied up with children etc i am gonna grab at the chance.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

If there are no jobs then i haven't got a problem with it. However, my problem is in areas where there are jobs. I dont think its right for people to do nursing training purely to get to Oz and taking a university place of someone who wants to train and stay in this country. I see you're from brum and i believe there is a big shortage of jobs up there, so only wish you best wishes.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 9:08 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

There are no Jobs in the Uk as every1 knows, therefore i have decided too look for a Job somewhere else and choose Oz, afterall the reason why i cant find a Job in the Uk is because we have employed from overseas
Absolute crap
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:34 am
Qualify in Sept!

'absolute crap' ...how about a bit of Justification?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
Absolute crap

Absolute crap!to your absolute crap

Have you tried to get a job as a nurse in the U.K. recently?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:38 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
Absolute crap!to your absolute crap

Have you tried to get a job as a nurse in the U.K. recently?

Yes....in fact I am retired and have recently turned a couple of jobs down....they approached me.....some areas still have shortages but you have to get off your backside and go and look.

It was the same when I qualified over 30 years ago....lots of overseas nurses in the UK then as well.

If people want to use their qualification to go abroad then fine....but don't give a load of nonsense about why....things have never changed in the 35 years I have been a nurse...and nurse educator.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.