QNC registration

Old Dec 20th 2007, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of
Default QNC registration

Hi
I have just found that my emigration agent does not help with the QNC registration process. I have to do that bit myself. The main reason I used and agent was so I didnt need to do all that getting stuff certified copied etc etc.
Worse still my agent didnt request they send the ANMC stuff on to the QNC for me AND to compound things my agent has lost my most recent work reference...the original copy!
My agent say that usually folk wait till they are out in OZ to arrange this!?
How long are they taking at QNC.....I guess a wee while...I dont fancy being stuck in Oz with 3 kids and not able to practise!
Is the QNC registration quicker/easier than the ANMC which I have just submitted?
Cheers
HKA
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default Re: QNC registration

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
Hi
I have just found that my emigration agent does not help with the QNC registration process. I have to do that bit myself. The main reason I used and agent was so I didnt need to do all that getting stuff certified copied etc etc.
Worse still my agent didnt request they send the ANMC stuff on to the QNC for me AND to compound things my agent has lost my most recent work reference...the original copy!
My agent say that usually folk wait till they are out in OZ to arrange this!?
How long are they taking at QNC.....I guess a wee while...I dont fancy being stuck in Oz with 3 kids and not able to practise!
Is the QNC registration quicker/easier than the ANMC which I have just submitted?
Cheers
HKA
Hi HKA,
You only need to email the ANMC asking them to forward your documents to the QNC and they will send it via courier - they so this once a week on a Thursday.

Personally I've not heard of anyone waiting till they get to Australia to apply to the QNC and if you have been offered a job by Queensland Health it is on condition that you get QNC registration.

When I applied to the QNC it took about a month and because the ANMC sent all the paperwork that I sent to them - including my works reference - all I had to do was fill in the application form and then sign it in front of a solicitor (he only charged £5 for this).

Mark
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Hi
Thanks so much for your reply Mark.
It just feels so strange to be sending the app. without any docs.
Maybe I am being paranoid but I need to be sure eveything is done properly 'cos in my experience everything needs to be double checked...
Sounds really straight forward. DId you wait 'till you had the all clear from the ANMC before posting of the QNC app?
Thanks again
HKA
Old Dec 25th 2007, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
Hi
Thanks so much for your reply Mark.
It just feels so strange to be sending the app. without any docs.
Maybe I am being paranoid but I need to be sure eveything is done properly 'cos in my experience everything needs to be double checked...
Sounds really straight forward. DId you wait 'till you had the all clear from the ANMC before posting of the QNC app?
Thanks again
HKA
Hi HKA,
I got my ANMC registration about 2months before I applied to the QNC but that was mainly because I wasn't sure what part of Australia I was heading to - I actually got offered a job in Perth before I got one with Queensland Health. I emailed the ANMC to forward the details on a Tuesday and posted my application to the QNC the following day. I found the QNC registration very straight forward. They took payment off my credit card 13 days after posting the form to them. I got an acknowledgement letter with my Queensland nurse id number about a week later. You can check online at anytime to see if your name is on the online registration list - my name was on it about 4days after receiving the acknowledgement letter and I received a formal registration letter, certificate, badge and cd about a week after that.

Happy Christmas,

Mark
Old Dec 25th 2007, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you!
And..Merry Christmas..
HKA
x
Old Dec 27th 2007, 5:54 am
Just Joined

cherrypink is an unknown quantity at this point

hello there, i would like to ask if anybody can please tell me how i can apply to the qnc.i have been trying the website but says web cannot be found. i am planning to apply to a nurses job in queensland and i do not really know where to start.please,is there somebody out there that cab help me how to do it?ta...
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Website works fine for me - is this where you are trying?

http://www.qnc.qld.gov.au/home/conte...on_&_Enrolment

There is plenty of info on there for you.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

I've just checked on the QNC online register site & I'm there!! Registered!! I sent my application on 17th October, but had to get a transcript sent as I'm RNLD & that didn't get sent till 6th December, so that may give some idea of timings.
I'm soooooo excited & happy now Modified assessment here I come!!
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

chasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant futurechasingthedream has a brilliant future

WooHoo! Feels good don't it?! Well done you! You'll get a certificate & pin badge, etc, through the post shortly too! Get that skills assessment filled out now then! Good luck with the rest of you process!
Mags
x
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough

Thanks Mags!

I nearly screamed the house down when I saw my name there!!