Pre-grant letter received!!

Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of
Default Pre-grant letter received!!

Just received our pre-grant letter! Yeehaa!

Applied end 22/03/04. Looks like the pressure's on DIMIA to meet their 4-6 month timescales for nurses.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

jayne+doug is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Pre-grant letter received!!

Originally Posted by kulu

Applied end 22/03/04. Looks like the pressure's on DIMIA to meet their 4-6 month timescales for nurses.

Hi Lou

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WELL DONE!!! I'm really really pleased for you but very green with envy.

I've read all your posts and have felt the same as you. It's great to see things moving at last. I'm just behind you April 21.

Good luck. When and where are you going?

Speak soon
Jayne X
Old Sep 18th 2004, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Pre-grant letter received!!

[QUOTE=kulu]Just received our pre-grant letter! Yeehaa!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!

About bl**dy time ! After giving you all that disappointment a few days ago !!
ENjoy the celebrations !

When do you plan on leaving ?

I can't believe they let it sit for 6 months rotting away and then after you happened to mention it to them ,you're processed in a week !

They need to start reading their applications more carefully and then they would have realised that you were a SPECIAL MODL nurse application !

Congratulations and All the best !,

Tass.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 11:00 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pre-grant letter received!!

Fantastic news

I'm so pleased for you enjoy your weekend!

Fingers crossed we all hear soon too!

Nikki x
PS What does a pregrant letter say?

Last edited by nikkers; Sep 18th 2004 at 11:03 am.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

What fantastic news, you got it at long last.
Old Sep 18th 2004, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

SnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant futureSnapOff has a brilliant future

Kulu,
Excellent news, it would appear that my suspicions were correct and they seem to be working through in date order. We had our pre-grant 10 days ago, after we applied 10th March so our timescales are very similar. Any indication on yours on how long it will take to finalise your application, I have a job interview this week and need visa confirmation so will have to try and chase ASPC for a finalisation this week (another do I / don't I situation). At guess everbody else should start getting good info within 3 weeks.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SnapOff
Kulu,
Excellent news, it would appear that my suspicions were correct and they seem to be working through in date order. We had our pre-grant 10 days ago, after we applied 10th March so our timescales are very similar. Any indication on yours on how long it will take to finalise your application, I have a job interview this week and need visa confirmation so will have to try and chase ASPC for a finalisation this week (another do I / don't I situation). At guess everbody else should start getting good info within 3 weeks.
Did you find the letter confusing regarding what to do next? Maybe it's just us, but having read it several times, we think we need to send an e-mail to our case officer with copies of our passports and form 1022 filled in before they process the final part of the application. Have we understood this correctly? We assume once they've got this info., they'll then send us the famous yellow envelope saying we've got the visa and then a request to send off our passports to get the visa stamp.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 4:02 pm

Did you find the letter confusing regarding what to do next? Maybe it's just us, but having read it several times, we think we need to send an e-mail to our case officer with copies of our passports and form 1022 filled in before they process the final part of the application. Have we understood this correctly? We assume once they've got this info., they'll then send us the famous yellow envelope saying we've got the visa and then a request to send off our passports to get the visa stamp.
Hi Kulu

I see that form 1022 is some sort of notification of change is that because something has changed? Or do they want clarification that nothing has changed?

We sent photocopies of our passports with visa application do they want them again then?

I had hoped they would just issue visas!

I'm sure as soon as you send your stuff off they send that magic envelope!

Nikki x
Old Sep 19th 2004, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nikkers
Hi Kulu

I see that form 1022 is some sort of notification of change is that because something has changed? Or do they want clarification that nothing has changed?

We sent photocopies of our passports with visa application do they want them again then?

I had hoped they would just issue visas!

I'm sure as soon as you send your stuff off they send that magic envelope!

Nikki x
Hi Nikki,

Nothing has changed, but they still enclosed form 1022, so we're going to fill it in anyway to be on the safe side, scan it in and send it with copies of our passports via e-mail.

The fact that they want our passport details is confusing, but I suppose we should comply - maybe they misplaced the one's we sent with the application.
Old Sep 19th 2004, 8:12 pm

Hi Nikki,

Nothing has changed, but they still enclosed form 1022, so we're going to fill it in anyway to be on the safe side, scan it in and send it with copies of our passports via e-mail.

The fact that they want our passport details is confusing, but I suppose we should comply - maybe they misplaced the one's we sent with the application.
Hi Kulu

we're all at the hands of DIMIA and I will fill in anything they want as long as I get my visa!

I wonder if this is normal practice? Anyway its great to be prepared you are the advance party

Please keep us up to date we can be excited for you!

Nikki x
Old Sep 19th 2004, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nikkers
Hi Kulu

we're all at the hands of DIMIA and I will fill in anything they want as long as I get my visa!

I wonder if this is normal practice? Anyway its great to be prepared you are the advance party

Please keep us up to date we can be excited for you!

Nikki x
Hi Nikki,

My husband has been posting for me :scared: as I've been working all weekend. He called me at work on Saturday morning to say the letter had arrived and I screamed. Doesn't look too professional in front of a heaving A&E waiting room when the nurse in charge is leaping up and down like a loon but I couldn't have cared less!

Anyway, now I have had a chance to see the letter properly without shrieking, it clearly states the form 1022 only needs to be sent if there is a change in circumstances. I think you send a copy of your passport so they have something to refer to when you send your passports to London to have the Visas put in as they only want the personal particulars page and they state it must be the same passport you will be using to travel to Oz.

It's an amazing feeling to know we are nearly on our way, particularly when we were told 5 days before that nothing had been done, it goes to show it doesn't actually take long at all to process the visa when all the information is there!

I wish every one of you still waiting the very best of luck and wish you all a speedy processing time.

Thank you to everyone who has sent us good luck. I think it worked!

Lou
Old Sep 19th 2004, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jayne+doug
Hi Lou

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WELL DONE!!! I'm really really pleased for you but very green with envy.

I've read all your posts and have felt the same as you. It's great to see things moving at last. I'm just behind you April 21.

Good luck. When and where are you going?

Speak soon
Jayne X
Hi Jayne,

We're off to Queensland. Will be staying near friends on the Sunshine Coast initially then seeing where takes our fancy!

Good luck, shouldn't be too much longer for you now, fingers and toes crossed.

Lou
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:00 am

Hi Lou

I understand now! Good luck in Queensland and stay in touch!

Nikki x