Practice Nursing Help Needed

Old Aug 24th 2007, 3:22 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of
Default Practice Nursing Help Needed

Hi,

I have a couple of interviews next week - both for Practice Nurse Positions. This isn't something I have done before and feeling a bit nervous. The person who set up the interviews for me had advised me to negotiate my wage myself with them. I have looked through previous threads on this forum and it seems that Practice Nurses do not appear to be on as high a rate as if you were in a hospital.

Just wondered if anyone knew this to be true. Think I would feel a bit of an idiot going in there and trying to get a wage that is totally different from what they are expecting to give me!!!

Wendy
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:32 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice
Default Re: Practice Nursing Help Needed

Hi Wendy, Iam working as a Practice Nurse up on the sunshine coast. In answer to your question - Practice Nurse jobs are usually awarded by federal or state award? duh!!! Pay rates vary from job to job and apparently state to state, so not much help there I am afraid. Certainly see what they are offering and if you are not happy ask for a bit more. However Remember that as you state you have not done Practice Nursing before they may use this in their favour. But you will probably have a lot of experience at hand so use that in your favour. On average hourly rate can be as little as $20 ph to about $25, then penalty rates ( aussie term for higher wage) can increase this if you work until 6pm etc, weekends blah blah blah!! Where are you going for a job by the way, let everyone know the outcome, a learning curve for all. I would also add to be a bit scheming.....if the job has been vacant for a long time........ball is in your court as well as these posts are hard to fill!! Good Luck
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:02 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Hi Vivi,

Thanks for the reply. Was offered two jobs following my interviews, and still waiting a response from the third. As you said, pay rates vary by quite a bit!!! All the people that interviewed me were ok with the fact I didn't have previous experience, but wanted to know if I was willing to take some courses to get up to speed.

Just need to decide now which job I will take.

Wendy
Old Aug 31st 2007, 9:39 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Well done Wendy, oh the choice!!!! Where were the jobs? Anyway good luck!