Positive skills assessment

Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

parentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Positive skills assessment

woo hoo

Our positive skills assessment came back this morning from the ANMC. After 21 years it has finally been acknowledged - I AM A NURSE!

Now comes the hard part filling in the Visa form (will have to do that Monday as I'm on nights over the weekend).

Good luck to all those still waiting for their assessments to come back.

Take care, Karen

P.S And someone is coming to view the house in half an hour so wish me luck!
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Orkney, Scotland bound for the Mornington Peninsula!
Barcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to all
Default Re: Positive skills assessment

Originally Posted by parentsof2
woo hoo

Our positive skills assessment came back this morning from the ANMC. After 21 years it has finally been acknowledged - I AM A NURSE!

Now comes the hard part filling in the Visa form (will have to do that Monday as I'm on nights over the weekend).

Take care, Karen

Congratulations on the skills assessment It's good to start clearing the hurdles. My wife and I finally posted our skills assessments on Friday. Coincidentally, I realised upon reading your post have been bluffing my way through the profession for 21 years too! Still the great escape is getting closer

Hope the house viewing went well!
Old Oct 8th 2006, 12:40 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news Karen, congratulations on your skills assessment. I found the visa application not too bad after that.

Good luck with your viewing too.

Jackie x
Old Oct 9th 2006, 4:44 am
Account Closed

duffers is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Positive skills assessment

Originally Posted by parentsof2
woo hoo

Take care, Karen

Hi all im new to the forum and seems i have also been bluffing my way in nursing for a while(19yrs).Hoping to move to oz in 2007 though.quick question,this anmc assessment thingy,do i need to do this if being sponsored,and what is it ??????
Old Oct 9th 2006, 4:50 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by duffers
Hi all im new to the forum and seems i have also been bluffing my way in nursing for a while(19yrs).Hoping to move to oz in 2007 though.quick question,this anmc assessment thingy,do i need to do this if being sponsored,and what is it ??????
You need to be a lot more specific if you want any meaningful help.

Sponsored by whom? Relative, employer, state government etc?
Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:06 am
Account Closed

duffers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
You need to be a lot more specific if you want any meaningful help.

Sponsored by whom? Relative, employer, state government etc?
Employer in sydney.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Barcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to allBarcop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by duffers
Employer in sydney.
For EMPLOYER NOMINATION (Permanent) - sub class 121. If the applicant does not have two years recent work experience in Australia (including twelve months with the nominating employer) normal skills assessment will be required from one of the authorised bodies unless a base salary of over $151,500 p.a is offered.
For nurses assesment is carried out by ANMC http://www.anmc.org.au
I found and copied this duffers, hope it is relevant.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 2:40 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Where did you find that info Barcop? just wondering if it will apply to me on a RSMS visa?
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Where did you find that info Barcop? just wondering if it will apply to me on a RSMS visa?
Hi Wannabauzzienurse,
I copied info off http://www.be-forum.co.uk/visa_classes.htm
I was interested and decided to see what I could find out on the subject but
I cannot vouch for validity or appropriateness of the info, but hope it helps!

PS parentsof2, sorry for following this off thread
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:43 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Barcop
Hi Wannabauzzienurse,
I copied info off http://www.be-forum.co.uk/visa_classes.htm
I was interested and decided to see what I could find out on the subject but
I cannot vouch for validity or appropriateness of the info, but hope it helps!

PS parentsof2, sorry for following this off thread
Thanks for that Barcop
Old Oct 11th 2006, 12:08 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Booklet 5 has the details. It doesn't apply to RSMS.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 2:12 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Barcop
For EMPLOYER NOMINATION (Permanent) - sub class 121. If the applicant does not have two years recent work experience in Australia (including twelve months with the nominating employer) normal skills assessment will be required from one of the authorised bodies unless a base salary of over $151,500 p.a is offered.
For nurses assesment is carried out by ANMC http://www.anmc.org.au
I found and copied this duffers, hope it is relevant.
But it omits to point out that three years work experience is normally needed for ENS via the skill assessment route.

This is an example of well-meaning advice that's incomplete. Why not just read the booklet and get the full story?
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:04 am
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Yippe for you Karen! Me next I hopes!?

How long has it taken from start to finsish for your assessment? - mine was recieved on 18th September at ANMC.

Diane
Old Oct 11th 2006, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

parentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the roughparentsof2 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Dianej
Yippe for you Karen! Me next I hopes!?

How long has it taken from start to finsish for your assessment? - mine was recieved on 18th September at ANMC.

Diane
HELLO DIANE,

How are you? Our assessments took 10 weeks, but the ANMC did need further information from David and myself. David has started looking for jobs (he works in A&E) and I'm not planning on working initially - lol (not sure if David agrees to that or not). Hopefully we will be sending our visa application off at the end of this week.

Good luck and keep in touch,

Karen