points for nurses

Old May 25th 2004, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Grayling
Richard
Relax a bit.
It will all fall into place soon. Nurses are in demand and are fast tracked so you won't go far wrong.
It could be a lot worse. Some people wait up to 2 years or more!

Just take one step at a time.

Good luck

G
Hi Grayling and Nikki,
Me Relax! Not done that for years - that's why I want to move

Can you advise me when the transcripts etc from the NMC in the UK should be sent to the Nursing board. I belive that the NMC will not send it direct to us for us to send it on but they will post it direct to the Aus Nursing Board. Obviously I dont want them sending it on before our app has arrived. Do you wait until the Aus Board request it or do you arrange for it to be sent after a short time?

(Bit less stressed today than yesterday
Old May 25th 2004, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by nikkers
Hi Richard

Feel free I'm no expert but wll help where I can!!!

I'm going to bed too!Have work tomorrow

this is all consuming isn't it !!!!

Nikki x
Hi Nikki,
Hope you managed to get a good night's kip after all your help yesterday. Have asked you another Q in reply to Grayling's comments.
Old May 25th 2004, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by RAG62
Hi Grayling and Nikki,
Me Relax! Not done that for years - that's why I want to move

Can you advise me when the transcripts etc from the NMC in the UK should be sent to the Nursing board. I belive that the NMC will not send it direct to us for us to send it on but they will post it direct to the Aus Nursing Board. Obviously I dont want them sending it on before our app has arrived. Do you wait until the Aus Board request it or do you arrange for it to be sent after a short time?

(Bit less stressed today than yesterday

You will need to apply to the NMC (and pay them) before sending your application to the ANC or any of the state boards.

Lisa
Old May 25th 2004, 6:46 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Hiya Richard

Slept well thanks

Having a nice red tonight feeling chilled!

I got NMC to write to both Queensland and the ANC at the same time as you only pay once.

At that point I was just sending stuff of to the Queensland Nursing Council and going on a Skiing holiday!

So I emailed the ANC explaining that the verification would be coming from the NMC but they didn't have an application from me as I was waiting for a document and I was on holiday!

A really nice lady emailed me straight away and said not to worry systems were in place to store odd bits of paper and to enjoy my holiday and not worry!

Anyway It was ok as I have both back now

Nikki x
Old May 25th 2004, 6:51 pm

Hiya Richard

Me again.The man at the NMC told me I had to apply to the ANC first and then Queensland and shouldn't send both at the same time!

I stuck to my guns and told him about this site and all the other nurses that had done this!!!! anyway he agreed to do it my way!

Nikki x
Old May 25th 2004, 6:59 pm

Originally posted by rumbletum
I think it was the breathing space really. Once we received our visas, we then had to sell the house which incidentally took a lot longer than we had hoped. 7 months later we are still waiting to complete.
We have postponed our shippers once already and may well have to do it again
We have had the obligatory leaving do, which was very hard, my father-in-law has had a stroke this last week... so you see in our personal circumstances, the wait last year for the ANC assessment was fairly stress free.
Once our application 47SK went off to Adelaide I felt quite relaxed as it was out of our hands and all we had to do was wait!!
Hi Heather

I can see your point !We're putting the house on the market in a couple of weeks as I've a feeling it will take ages to sell.

Sorry about your father in law hope it wasn't too bad.

Nikki x
Old May 25th 2004, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Hi Nikki

Thanks for your thoughts. He is on the mend, just waiting now for brain scan and carotid doppler. Just relieved that it wasnt too serious and that we were still here... I guess every cloud and all that!!

Good Luck with the house sale. There are only 3 of us in our chain with us being the third and we found out last week that number 1 do not even have their mortgage offer yet. Estate agent trying to reassure us that this can take up to 8 weeks as they are buying house number 2 to let. Apparently they applied on 26th March, so who knows maybe they will get it very very soon

Dont understand it all really. But we have had to cancel shippers again and tell them that we will ring them when we have a more concrete date. It has been a pain really. I have written letters to the school, then written revised letters etc etc.

And even more worrying is that I have now finished work so hope this delay doesnt last too long
Old May 25th 2004, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by nikkers
Hiya Richard

Slept well thanks

Having a nice red tonight feeling chilled!

I got NMC to write to both Queensland and the ANC at the same time as you only pay once.

At that point I was just sending stuff of to the Queensland Nursing Council and going on a Skiing holiday!

So I emailed the ANC explaining that the verification would be coming from the NMC but they didn't have an application from me as I was waiting for a document and I was on holiday!

A really nice lady emailed me straight away and said not to worry systems were in place to store odd bits of paper and to enjoy my holiday and not worry!

Anyway It was ok as I have both back now

Nikki x

Hi Nikki - glad to hear you are chilled out - not too tipsy I trust!
Just arrived home after picking up one of the children from air cadets. Do they have air cadets in Aus?
I presume that the state nursing boards have a way of dealing with bits of post that they cannot match up with an application also like the ANC.
Old May 25th 2004, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by primrose
You will need to apply to the NMC (and pay them) before sending your application to the ANC or any of the state boards.

Lisa
Hi Lisa

Thanks for your note - have you found that the state boards are able to match up your app with the NMC stuff that they may have received before your app!

Also, out of interest did you go down the ANC route first or just deal with the state boards. The consensus of opinion seems to be that registering only with the state boards is best, kicvking the ANC into touch.
Old May 25th 2004, 10:00 pm

Hi Nikki - glad to hear you are chilled out - not too tipsy I trust!
Just arrived home after picking up one of the children from air cadets. Do they have air cadets in Aus?
I presume that the state nursing boards have a way of dealing with bits of post that they cannot match up with an application also like the ANC.

Hi richard

I shared a bottle of wine with hubbie not tipsy at all just a little

Mid week treat!!!!!!

Nikki x
Old May 25th 2004, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Hi Lisa

Thanks for your note - have you found that the state boards are able to match up your app with the NMC stuff that they may have received before your app!

Also, out of interest did you go down the ANC route first or just deal with the state boards. The consensus of opinion seems to be that registering only with the state boards is best, kicvking the ANC into touch.

I've only applied to NBSA, once that is back I will apply to the ANC.

Lisa
Old May 25th 2004, 10:35 pm

Originally posted by primrose
I've only applied to NBSA, once that is back I will apply to the ANC.

Lisa

Lisa

Are you going to frontload if so book your meds etc whilst waiting for the ANC don't wait like I did

My police checks have taken forever Hubbies came back straight away) we contacted the name on hubbies reply today and he rang us!!Said mine was being processed now and would be back by end of the week!

It all takes so long my application is ready to go it's taken a month from my ANC response !!!

Nikki x
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of
Wink Re: points for nurses

Originally Posted by rumbletum
I would do as Nikki says, and frontload your application. Advised at the York seminar last May to get meds and police checks done whilst waiting for ANC assessment (modified as I already had registered with NSW).

As soon as assessment arrived, we were ready to go and everything went off together to ASPC.

Good Luck, the waiting around is the easy bit looking back now!!!
sorry to jump in like this but im getting a bit dis orietated with al this,what does front load mean also i have got my skills assessment back from nsw and all the documents have gone off we are applying for pr status hoping to go to sydney i have been trained for 13 years as a rn level2 currently working on acute cardiac ward will i still need an anc assessment any replies would be appreciated
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough
Default Re: points for nurses

Originally Posted by ireland
sorry to jump in like this but im getting a bit dis orietated with al this,what does front load mean also i have got my skills assessment back from nsw and all the documents have gone off we are applying for pr status hoping to go to sydney i have been trained for 13 years as a rn level2 currently working on acute cardiac ward will i still need an anc assessment any replies would be appreciated
When you say you have had your skills assessment back from NSW, do you mean your registration? Skills assessment is done by the ANC and can be done before registration or after you have registered (modified assessment).

Front loading your application means having police checks and medicals done and sending results off with the main application to the ASPC. They dont recommend that you do this, however most of us nurses on here have done it as we are pretty certain of getting our visas. You just have to be aware that police checks are only valid for one year and may need to be redone if you are waiting longer than this for your visa (i think medicals are valid for one year only too) Hope this helps
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of
Wink Re: points for nurses

Originally Posted by rumbletum
When you say you have had your skills assessment back from NSW, do you mean your registration? Skills assessment is done by the ANC and can be done before registration or after you have registered (modified assessment).

Front loading your application means having police checks and medicals done and sending results off with the main application to the ASPC. They dont recommend that you do this, however most of us nurses on here have done it as we are pretty certain of getting our visas. You just have to be aware that police checks are only valid for one year and may need to be redone if you are waiting longer than this for your visa (i think medicals are valid for one year only too) Hope this helps
Many thanks for the reply I looked on the website for anc they do not assess RN level2 from uk we have to go straight to the board of nursing in the state in which you are applying to live in and the nsw board have assessed my training fit for oz (thank god) hoping to convert over ther to first level any advice appreciated