Please tell me he's wrong!

Old May 25th 2004, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by ecando
Hi rumbletum ...
This is exactly what we're doing ... (frontloading)
We've had x-rays done, meds next week, police checks are back and just waiting for the ANC ... sent the app on 10th May ... now just twidling thumbs!
Your police check ... did you still send a form 80 with it??
When are you off to Sydney??
Hi ecando

Where did you get the details of where you can go for your medicals and what needs doing?
Old May 26th 2004, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Hi Ecando

Yes, we wondered about Form 80, really it was just saying the same as the police checks. However we did send them off anyway as advised on the forum.

Waiting to complete on the house... hope to be in Sydney mid June. Visas must be validated by 15th July so dont want to have to do a trip to validate when our move is imminent

All had gone smoothly until we sold the house, now I really feel that this is where something can go wrong as we have no control over it....and I get the feeling that the estate agent is withholding information
Old May 26th 2004, 7:21 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Form 80 ... introduced following 9/11 because of heightened security concerns ... so how does the DIMIA explain the fact that most people from the UK applying for a skilled visa via Adelaide don't need to lodge form 80 (in our experience), whereas parent visa applicants lodging applications in Perth are asked to submit form 80? One of the many puzzling issues about the migration process ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by rumbletum
Hi Ecando

Yes, we wondered about Form 80, really it was just saying the same as the police checks. However we did send them off anyway as advised on the forum.

Waiting to complete on the house... hope to be in Sydney mid June. Visas must be validated by 15th July so dont want to have to do a trip to validate when our move is imminent

All had gone smoothly until we sold the house, now I really feel that this is where something can go wrong as we have no control over it....and I get the feeling that the estate agent is withholding information
Old May 26th 2004, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by RAG62
Hi ecando

Where did you get the details of where you can go for your medicals and what needs doing?
Hi Richard,
The link to the list is here.
Click on the link for the pdf under "panel doctors and radiologists" heading.

Rumbletum ...
Thanks ... I've got the form filled out ready ... but it did seem a waste of time, as I had the Uk police check already!
So your saying you've had your visa for sometime then, but haven't used it?

Only STC?? We're in that position too ... Just sit back and pray !
We expect completion to be Mid July ... and haven't sent of the visa app yet as we're waiting for skills assessment app to comeback ...The timings seems to be somewhat out so we're sratching our heads as to what to do with the furniture and cats ... oh and us!
Old May 26th 2004, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Form 80 ... introduced following 9/11 because of heightened security concerns ... so how does the DIMIA explain the fact that most people from the UK applying for a skilled visa via Adelaide don't need to lodge form 80 (in our experience), whereas parent visa applicants lodging applications in Perth are asked to submit form 80? One of the many puzzling issues about the migration process ...

Best regards.
Alan, is it worth me contacting DIMIA direct to get clarification??
Old May 26th 2004, 8:05 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been asked to complete a form 80? If not, don't waste time completing it.

Best regards.

Alan, is it worth me contacting DIMIA direct to get clarification??
Old May 26th 2004, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Have you been asked to complete a form 80? If not, don't waste time completing it.

Best regards.
Frontloading ... have got the UK police check, meds etc all done, and am gonna send visa app as soon as skills assessment comes back ..... So have had no contact with DIMIA as yet
Old May 26th 2004, 8:41 am
Migration Agent

I wouldn't bother with form 80, because we haven't been asked to lodge one for our UK based skilled visa clients for the last two years. That's not to say you won't be asked for it you understand, but based on our experiences we don't ask our skilled visa clients who are front end loading applications to complete the form.

Best regards.

Frontloading ... have got the UK police check, meds etc all done, and am gonna send visa app as soon as skills assessment comes back ..... So have had no contact with DIMIA as yet
Old May 26th 2004, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

So your saying you've had your visa for sometime then, but haven't used it?

...The timings seems to be somewhat out so we're sratching our heads as to what to do with the furniture and cats ... oh and us! [/QUOTE]

Had our visas since October, then sent off to London to have sticker put in passports. House up for sale beginning of Nov and sold end of March. Time was running out so we thought we wouldnt need to validate. Although visas received in October they are valid from the date of the police checks I think

We too have cats to think about - who are you using? We have them registered with Golden Arrow who have been very good so far and have a fabulous reputation.

As they are only in quarantine for 28 days the timing is crucial as we have to make sure that we are there and have somewhere to live prior to picking them up from Eastern Creek Quarantine Station..

Re; furniture - we are using PSS and have had to postpone them twice already!!
Old May 26th 2004, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

We too have cats to think about - who are you using? We have them registered with Golden Arrow who have been very good so far and have a fabulous reputation.
We haven't decided yet between http://www.parair.co.uk and http:www.airpets.com...but if you have any others worth looking at PLEASE let me know!?
Re; furniture - we are using PSS and have had to postpone them twice already!!
Have you a web address for them!?

THANKS!
Old May 26th 2004, 3:16 pm
Redland Bay - 22/06/04

LaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud ofLaraandBryn has much to be proud of

you guys form 80 or wot
never asked for one and didn't front load application however all granted in 3 months without this form.don't think you need to worry about it

Lara
Old May 26th 2004, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

We haven't decided yet between http://www.parair.co.uk and http:www.airpets.com...but if you have any others worth looking at PLEASE let me know!?
Have you a web address for them!?

THANKS!
www.pss.uk.com
email: [email protected]

Regards
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by rumbletum
www.pss.uk.com
email: [email protected]

Regards
Thanks rumbletum ..have booked pss to come and give us a quote ...will let you know!