Pine Rivers Private Hospital Brisbane

Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

THenry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pine Rivers Private Hospital Brisbane

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I am a RMN and I have a problem in choosing where to work. I currently have two job offers for Mental Health Nursing.
1 NSW St Georges Hospital (Public)
2 QLD Pine Rivers Hospital (Private)

I was unsure about where to live, but I think now I am convinced Brisbane will be the option I would prefer as I understand life is cheaper there. Having read some posts on this forum about Public vs Private, I gather Public hospitals are the way to go.
So I need some help here, does anyone know or have any experience of Pine Rivers Hospital? I really want to go to Brisbane, but i need to know its the right job. I have a mate in NSW who has told me that the hospital i have been offered there is a good one
I have got about a week to decide which job to take up, any help is appreciated.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:06 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pine Rivers Private Hospital Brisbane

Originally Posted by THenry
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I am a RMN and I have a problem in choosing where to work. I currently have two job offers for Mental Health Nursing.
1 NSW St Georges Hospital (Public)
2 QLD Pine Rivers Hospital (Private)

I was unsure about where to live, but I think now I am convinced Brisbane will be the option I would prefer as I understand life is cheaper there. Having read some posts on this forum about Public vs Private, I gather Public hospitals are the way to go.
So I need some help here, does anyone know or have any experience of Pine Rivers Hospital? I really want to go to Brisbane, but i need to know its the right job. I have a mate in NSW who has told me that the hospital i have been offered there is a good one
I have got about a week to decide which job to take up, any help is appreciated.
Is it the one at Strathpine? Haven't actually been to it but house prices around here affordable compared to some areas, only 40 mins to city center, 30 mins to sea, 1 hour max to sunshine coast and 1 1/2 max to Surfers and if you take it and you aren't happy there's sh!t loads of mental health stuff around you could change to.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

THenry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau
Is it the one at Strathpine? Haven't actually been to it but house prices around here affordable compared to some areas, only 40 mins to city center, 30 mins to sea, 1 hour max to sunshine coast and 1 1/2 max to Surfers and if you take it and you aren't happy there's sh!t loads of mental health stuff around you could change to.
Yes thats the one, sounds like Strathpine is well placed. I think I will give it a go. Thanks
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:46 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by THenry
Yes thats the one, sounds like Strathpine is well placed. I think I will give it a go. Thanks
Yes plenty of public sector work to jump to...
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:29 am
Just Joined

nickfitz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Been to Pine Rivers and they "cure" people with magnets attached to the head. Good quality mental health care me thinks!

Nick.