Pindara Private?

Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:16 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pindara Private?

Hi.

I have just been offered a job at this hospital in Benowa on the Gold Coast.

Does anyone know anything about it or indeed work there?

What about surrounding suburbs? Southport looks quite nice....?

Thanks.

Janice.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pindara Private?

Hi Janice,
I worked at Pindara alot as an agency nurse. I find it OK. I prefer public to private though! Just personal preference. You have no prob parking, they have nice staff in most of the areas. Free coffee machine, free food on nights!! Depends what you want to know really. My only gripe is the wards are like corridors! You get from 1 ward to the next by walking through each ward! But thats not a problem really just not what your used to! Go for it you can always look around when you get here and change there's loads of jobs
Good Luck
Marie
Old Feb 1st 2008, 7:51 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi Janice,
I worked at Pindara alot as an agency nurse. I find it OK. I prefer public to private though! Just personal preference. You have no prob parking, they have nice staff in most of the areas. Free coffee machine, free food on nights!! Depends what you want to know really. My only gripe is the wards are like corridors! You get from 1 ward to the next by walking through each ward! But thats not a problem really just not what your used to! Go for it you can always look around when you get here and change there's loads of jobs
Good Luck
Marie
Hi Marie.
Thanks for your reply.
Sounds ok....its just that i have been offered a job at The Wesley in Brisbane too and i dont know which to choose!
I hear that the Gold Coast is a bit "touristy" .I have never been so i wouldnt know.
Funny though i have been looking at Helensvale as the guy who offered me the job gave me a list of suburbs near to the hospital to look at.
How do you find living in Helensvale and what are the schools like around there?
Are there some swim clubs around and about?
Are the beaches as lovely as they look on the photos?
Thanks again for your reply.
Janice.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dreams of Oz
Hi Marie.
Thanks for your reply.
Sounds ok....its just that i have been offered a job at The Wesley in Brisbane too and i dont know which to choose!
I hear that the Gold Coast is a bit "touristy" .I have never been so i wouldnt know.
Funny though i have been looking at Helensvale as the guy who offered me the job gave me a list of suburbs near to the hospital to look at.
How do you find living in Helensvale and what are the schools like around there?
Are there some swim clubs around and about?
Are the beaches as lovely as they look on the photos?
Thanks again for your reply.
Janice.
Hi Janice
I'd personally choose Pindara or anywhere on the coast rather than Brisbane. I've also worked at the Wesley again a nice hospital, harder to park there! But I would much rather be at the beach than the city! It's too far to travel to the Wesley from Helensvale. I worked at the Wesley when we lived in Windaroo when we first got here. Again with the agency. But they have offered me work up there since moving to Helensvale but no way I'm travelling for 50-60mins to work! Thats on a good day!
We love Helensvale. The schools are supposed to be good. Plenty of them around. My 4 year old will go to Helensvale primary next year. There's also plenty of swimming clubs too. My son loves his swimming lessons. He swims really well for his age. The beaches are fantastic. On a good day you can be at Main Beach in 15-20 mins. The broadwater in 10 mins. Surfers is Touristy. But you wouldn't live there! If you live in the northern Gold Coast suburbs they are not touristy at all.

If you want anymore advice just ask! I may take a while to reply sometimes but will do eventually!
Take care
Marie
Old Jun 19th 2008, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

deb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant future

Hi.

I have just been offered a job at this hospital in Benowa on the Gold Coast.

Does anyone know anything about it or indeed work there?

What about surrounding suburbs? Southport looks quite nice....?

Thanks.

Janice.
What field of nursing are you in ? I looked at pindara and spoke to ward manager lovely very friendly sounds lovely i am hoping to get a job there in neonates however i cant go to december /jan time and they need to fill the post sooner i am hopeful nearer the time they may have vacancies. congratulations to you when are you hoping to go?
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:21 pm
A roo in my top paddock!

Hi.
Sorry...my computer has been down so couldnt reply sooner!
I am now in Australia and working on The Gold Coast at The Pindara. I work in theatres which is right next to neonates.
I have only been working 3 weeks so its still quite new. Things are quite different. Most of the drugs are different for starters so thats a pain.Then theres the paperwork...man oh man is there a lot of that!
I have never worked in the private sector before so the costings have never been an issue for me but here everything is costed and the paperwork has to be right.
There is a big c section rate here too...above 40% i think so that may have an impact on your job in neonates if you come here.
People are in general very nice...patient and staff alike.
The hospital has a refubished bit and a bit that is waiting for refurbishment so that bit is a bit dowdy.I think there are plans for major building works over the next few years so should be nice when its all done.
All in all i think i made the right choice coming here. We are 15 mins from the most amazing beaches (we are living in Helensvale).It takes me 20 mins to drive to work at peak time ...10 to 15 mins at other times. We spend weekends on the beach or out in the fresh air somewhere and its winter right now too!
Sorry for going on. Hope you get to come work at Pindara.
Keep in touch.Anything else you want to know ask away. I will reply sooner or later!
Janice.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:40 am
Just Joined

deb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant futuredeb31deb has a brilliant future

Hi.
Sorry...my computer has been down so couldnt reply sooner!
I am now in Australia and working on The Gold Coast at The Pindara. I work in theatres which is right next to neonates.
I have only been working 3 weeks so its still quite new. Things are quite different. Most of the drugs are different for starters so thats a pain.Then theres the paperwork...man oh man is there a lot of that!
I have never worked in the private sector before so the costings have never been an issue for me but here everything is costed and the paperwork has to be right.
There is a big c section rate here too...above 40% i think so that may have an impact on your job in neonates if you come here.
People are in general very nice...patient and staff alike.
The hospital has a refubished bit and a bit that is waiting for refurbishment so that bit is a bit dowdy.I think there are plans for major building works over the next few years so should be nice when its all done.
All in all i think i made the right choice coming here. We are 15 mins from the most amazing beaches (we are living in Helensvale).It takes me 20 mins to drive to work at peak time ...10 to 15 mins at other times. We spend weekends on the beach or out in the fresh air somewhere and its winter right now too!
Sorry for going on. Hope you get to come work at Pindara.
Keep in touch.Anything else you want to know ask away. I will reply sooner or later!
Janice.
Hi Janice
thanks for taking time out to reply i was originally offered a job at pindara but they could not wait till december which is the earliest i could move. I will try again nearer the time as the job and the area sounds great. What visa are you on? Do you have any children? I have two girls age 8 and 5 and a hubby coming with me. Do you know best areas with children and schools not to far from hospital. How did you go about finding rental did you do it in uk or aus ? so many questions sorry! look forward to hearing from you.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:28 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Originally Posted by deb31deb
Hi Janice
thanks for taking time out to reply i was originally offered a job at pindara but they could not wait till december which is the earliest i could move. I will try again nearer the time as the job and the area sounds great. What visa are you on? Do you have any children? I have two girls age 8 and 5 and a hubby coming with me. Do you know best areas with children and schools not to far from hospital. How did you go about finding rental did you do it in uk or aus ? so many questions sorry! look forward to hearing from you.
Hi.
We are on a PR visa which we got through my qualifications. We are myself,my hubbie,my 19 year old daughter and 10 year old son. My daughter is coming out in August with her boyfriend to go travelling then hopefully will stay.
My son is loving it over here. He goes to Helensvale Primary.The school has a good name and just had a good feel when we went to look around.He is very happy there and has made some good friends.There are some areas i wouldnt want to live but you just have to wait til you get here and have a good drive around and see what you think.We were exactly the same as you and wanted to organise everything before we got here but i think you just cant. Its impossible to get a feel for an area until you re here.
Benowa itself is a good area (expensive though!).Ashmore is lovingly known as Trashmore! Pacific Pines is where a lot of Brits settle but its not for us.Its just like a big housing estate with houses that all look the same. And it is massive! It may be ok for a lot of people but just not for us.
You really have to wait until you re here id say.
As far as renting...we booked a 3 week holiday rental to get us over the first 3 weeks and in that time we drove around looking at suburbs to live. Helensvale was always in the back of our minds as someone had mentioned it to us before we came over and we just happened to like it. The gardens of the houses around us are all upkept and look as though they re looked after. I think thats a good signal of how people are.
We just went around the local estate agents offices daily and looked on the internet for any new houses coming onto the rental market and made sure we were there quick to view them.
Rental properties arent in abundance around here by the way so you have to be quick.
You have to supply the names of a couple of references and a job offer or bank details etc or we did anyway.
We now have a huge 4 bed lowset with a pool for the next 8 months in a lovely part of Helensvale within walking distance of the school.
Again i dont think it would be realistic to try to do this from the UK as you just cant get to know what an area is like or a house is like just from looking on the internet. Wait until you re here. It ll all work out.
Have you applied for any other jobs then? Have you looked at The Gold Coast hospital?
Just thought...if you are coming out in December then you may have to book a holiday rental for your first few weeks pretty quick as its the busiest time. Also a house rental will be harder to get at that time of year i guess so you may need to be very quick off the mark.
If i can be of any further help dont hesitate to ask.
Janice.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Janice

Just wanted to wish you all the best.
We met a the cornmill (west york meet)
Hope you are enjoying you new life!!!

We are trying to sell the house :curse:
Coming out to Perth in October for validation trip...

Take care Caroline