Paeds Nurses

Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

grimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the roughgrimm is a jewel in the rough
Default Paeds Nurses

Hi,
I was just wondering if there are any British Paeds Nurses that have managed to move to Canada with their job?
I had a complete nightmare when I was trying as they told me they only employ adult nurses that do the conversion course.
If anyone has any information it would be appreciated.
I even applied to go back to Uni and they told me that I didnt have a good enough score. I've got a 3 year university diploma in nursing?
Thanks
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default Re: Paeds Nurses

Originally Posted by grimm
Hi,
I was just wondering if there are any British Paeds Nurses that have managed to move to Canada with their job?
I had a complete nightmare when I was trying as they told me they only employ adult nurses that do the conversion course.
If anyone has any information it would be appreciated.
I even applied to go back to Uni and they told me that I didnt have a good enough score. I've got a 3 year university diploma in nursing?
Thanks

Hi Grimm,
I don't have a clue myself, but I have a friend currently in the UK in the process of applying for a visa for Canada. We did our training together in 1993 (project 2000 child branch), so there must be a way. I will ask her and get back to you. Please feel free to remind me if you haven't heard in a week or two as I'm so busy and forget to log on!
Claire.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all
Default Re: Paeds Nurses

Ok, I emailed my mate in UK and this is what she said:

when i applied orriginally they told me the same thing but now they are assessing each case individually and require transcripts of the course we did. the rcn in which ever state of canada will send the forms to you and then you have to send them to the uni you trained at. you also have to sit an exam once you get to canada (300 multi choice questions). the whole process takes about 3 months pre emigration then you have 3 months to sit the exam.

Hope this is of some help.

Claire. x