Ozzie Jobs

Old Sep 30th 2004, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

DONBEN is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Ozzie Jobs

How Do I Go About Applying For A Job Whilst In England And If Im Going In Feb2005 How Soon Do I Need To Be Looking
Old Oct 1st 2004, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Ozzie Jobs

Originally Posted by DONBEN
How Do I Go About Applying For A Job Whilst In England And If Im Going In Feb2005 How Soon Do I Need To Be Looking

Depends on visa type. Tell us more.
Tass.
Old Oct 1st 2004, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

DONBEN is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Ozzie Jobs

Originally Posted by Tass
Depends on visa type. Tell us more.
Tass.
coming over on a permanent visa settling for good all being well
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: Ozzie Jobs

Originally Posted by DONBEN
coming over on a permanent visa settling for good all being well

Sorry , have been busy packing for the removal men who came yesterday.

Husband and I are both nurses. We sussed out a few hospitals in the area we were planning to go to and then contacted them informally via e-mail. It was just a basic introduction about what plans we had and what experience we have and what kind of work we would be looking for.
This way , we were actually in direct contact with the head nurse for each area and dealt with them directly.

Only problem was , until we had visa in our hands , they would not commit on paper.

2-3 weeks ago we attended NT live and spoke to most of the big recruiters and followed through a few WITHOUT signing any contracts or papers to see what they would offer us. But unless we wanted to be tied into long contracts in some place we didn't know , it wasn't for us. Also , because we were so far into P.R. aplication and just waiting for visa , they wouldn't offer any xtras to make things easier. They said we were coming out regardless of their help so would not pay anything.
I assume , because you have applied for P.R. (Skilled independant ?) that you like the idea of not commiting until you see where you're going to be working ?
Perservere , make your contacts ,you will get work and chances are it will be a better job (pay wise) then if you went through an agency.

Hope this helps,

Again , sorry I took so long , it's been a very busy week,

Feel free to ask any futher questions.

Good luck ,

Tass.