One for all Nurses

Old Sep 9th 2006, 7:52 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One for all Nurses

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I had a patient the other week that had a really bad reaction to his chemotherapy and was covered in huge....and I mean huge blisters.....I got the job of popping them all!
Mmmm... point of order, should you have popped them or left them intact to reduce infection risk and covered them with Mepitel?...Oh! sorry I mentioned Mepitel which the Aussies are hailing as the new wonder dressing they are getting...Der... have to refrain from saying we have had it for years. They are also about to discover Mepilex as well.

It's when the patients take up free form art with the brown stuff including self expressive painting of their own bodies, that is always a good one to see but not to wash off.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 12:49 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Mmmm... point of order, should you have popped them or left them intact to reduce infection risk and covered them with Mepitel?...Oh! sorry I mentioned Mepitel which the Aussies are hailing as the new wonder dressing they are getting...Der... have to refrain from saying we have had it for years. They are also about to discover Mepilex as well.

It's when the patients take up free form art with the brown stuff including self expressive painting of their own bodies, that is always a good one to see but not to wash off.

Sounds like artwork I'd rather avoid Ann!

I was told by dermatologist to pop blisters and put on flamazine dressing! Now thats something I haven't used for e-ons! The blisters were so big they would have popped anyway. I am talking small balloon sizes! :scared:

What were they using before mepitel then?

Jackie
Old Sep 10th 2006, 5:55 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

What a bummer about the ticket! Let hope he don't need hospital treatment at any time then!

I thought that bit about eating crisps out of the vomit bowl was funny. We also drink pepsi out of (clean) sputum cups! lol.

when i was a student nurse, the parties in the doctors mess always had about half a dozen of the large burn bins (the old thin round yellow ones!) full of ''cocktails'' (ie multiple bottles of alcohol + pop)!!!

thanks for that ann ... made me smile as i nodded wisely in agreement at every single one of them!!
Old Sep 10th 2006, 8:17 pm

Sounds like artwork I'd rather avoid Ann!

I was told by dermatologist to pop blisters and put on flamazine dressing! Now thats something I haven't used for e-ons! The blisters were so big they would have popped anyway. I am talking small balloon sizes! :scared:

What were they using before mepitel then?

Jackie
Bactigra and Jelonet... ouch!
Old Sep 10th 2006, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
when i was a student nurse, the parties in the doctors mess always had about half a dozen of the large burn bins (the old thin round yellow ones!) full of ''cocktails'' (ie multiple bottles of alcohol + pop)!!!

thanks for that ann ... made me smile as i nodded wisely in agreement at every single one of them!!
I've seen a man with a catheter in climb over his cot sides and make a run for the door with catheter tube as tight as a guitar string and still not coming out. Brought tears to my eyes it did and I'm a woman.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

That has got to be the funniest thing I've read on here yet. Thankyou so much. OH wanted to know what I was laughing at and after telling him he wouldn't understand he insisted...and of course replied that all nurses are SICK if that's what constitutes humour.

Reminded me of an incident however....getting an incontinence pad and putting mince in it (or whatever the meat was at lunch time!!) and coming into the office at handover when the new students are there and dipping finger in it and passing it round to see if anyone else could taste the 'cause' of the 'loose stools'!!
Ha ha how funny. And for all those who think that's evil, I had it done to me and that's where i got the idea from!!!! God us nurses know how to have fun!
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:30 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mooncat
That has got to be the funniest thing I've read on here yet. Thankyou so much. OH wanted to know what I was laughing at and after telling him he wouldn't understand he insisted...and of course replied that all nurses are SICK if that's what constitutes humour.

Reminded me of an incident however....getting an incontinence pad and putting mince in it (or whatever the meat was at lunch time!!) and coming into the office at handover when the new students are there and dipping finger in it and passing it round to see if anyone else could taste the 'cause' of the 'loose stools'!!
Ha ha how funny. And for all those who think that's evil, I had it done to me and that's where i got the idea from!!!! God us nurses know how to have fun!

Ha! Ha! Ha! I did something very simelar with a blob of lip balm in a sputum pot.... I stood at the nurses station labelling the pot and then took the lid off and applied the yellow stuff to my lips.....much to the horror of my colleagues!

What fun!
Old Sep 11th 2006, 6:33 am
Living the Dream!

[QUOTE=tiredwithtwins]when i was a student nurse, the parties in the doctors mess always had about half a dozen of the large burn bins (the old thin round yellow ones!) full of ''cocktails'' (ie multiple bottles of alcohol + pop)!!!

QUOTE]

Oh yeah Sue....I can remember cocktail parties like that too!
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:46 am

My son once had one of those realistic fake eyeballs... I put it in a bed pan by a patient on night shift then pressed the buzzer and hid... other nurses turned up thought it was patient then sh*t themselves when they saw the eyeball in the pan... :scared: .

Got beat up off them for scaring the sh*t out of them.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

I'm enjoying this thread!!!
Anyone else got any funny stories?
Old Sep 11th 2006, 9:25 pm
Living the Dream!

When I was a student...we were getting this old man out of bed and he had been eating rice krispies for breakfast. One of the rice krispies had fallen from his pyjama jacket and landed on the end of his penis that was poking out of his PJ bottoms. As he edged towards the edge of the bed, his foreskin went back and suddenly the rice krispie disappeared inside it. We didn't retrieve it....just pissed ourselves laughing that this old man has a rice krispie stuck up his foreskin!

oh god I am sooo cruel!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

When I was a student...we were getting this old man out of bed and he had been eating rice krispies for breakfast. One of the rice krispies had fallen from his pyjama jacket and landed on the end of his penis that was poking out of his PJ bottoms. As he edged towards the edge of the bed, his foreskin went back and suddenly the rice krispie disappeared inside it. We didn't retrieve it....just pissed ourselves laughing that this old man has a rice krispie stuck up his foreskin!

oh god I am sooo cruel!

I laughed at that one, but hubby said OUCH!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Robbo2
I laughed at that one, but hubby said OUCH!
Axillary nurse once threw the ambi bag at me during an arrest on night shift and it shattered off all round the room. Did real mouth to mouth.... :scared: :scared: :scared: never again.... .
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:12 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

oh god I am sooo cruel!

pmsl!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:19 pm

i had to hold up a first year student nurse who was helping me repack a de-hisced abdo wound ... she passed out when i started scooping out pus that had formed in the wound...and landed straight across the patient

poor lass's face was green ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.