ok...where are all the nurses?

Old May 13th 2006, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok...where are all the nurses?

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
lol....we stopped at a haven caravan site last year - kids loved it, but we steered clear of the evening entertainment as it wasnt our cup of tea!!! havent been to butlins for years!!!!

We have done haven twice kids loved it we didnt do the entertainment . Rory is very popular in our house. Last hol was with hoseasons nowt there but we used it as a place to kip while touring the area. Lovley cabin plenty of wild life for kids and dogs.
Mandy
Old May 13th 2006, 11:42 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
We have done haven twice kids loved it we didnt do the entertainment . Rory is very popular in our house. Last hol was with hoseasons nowt there but we used it as a place to kip while touring the area. Lovley cabin plenty of wild life for kids and dogs.
Mandy
It was really just a break for the kids, we are going to Oz in November too Mandy for 4 weeks, so it was just a break until then. Kids will be spending 2 weeks in Wales with MIL during summer holidays, she lives by the beach so thats ok for them and then we will be going to see my family in Kent for a week in the summer, so more visits to the beach then. Kids won't do too badly til November comes....lol

jackie x
Old May 13th 2006, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

bunny feet is on a distinguished road

Jackie

just read your post from a few weeks ago it sounded very familiar, I also came from Manchester and did exactly what you said you are doing questioning the reality of what you are doing. I have to say I couldnt even believe that when I got here I had actually done it, it all seemed a bit surreal. But I have to say seven months down the line you would actually struggle to get me back to the U.K. It was worth all the tears and tantrums I assure you

Debbie

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
LOL. no i've not started to get mad just yet....but I am sure it will come in time. We are still waiting for our police checks to come back and then once we get our file number we will book our medicals. We are away next week in Butlins so that will pass some time away. Infact May is quite a busy month for us, we are doing something every weekend so it will be June before I know it. Hopefully the weather will be nice soon so that will take our minds of things as we get out and about doing things.

I don't know about you but it seems everything i do right now I keep thinking about how I will feel when I am in Oz and not experiencing what I have now. We went to wales yesterday to pick the kids up from MIL. As you drive into Colwyn bay you go down a steep hill and the view is fabulous. MIL lives close to the sea and has lovely views from her house. I've taken mental pictures if you know what I mean. I said to hubby that I would quite like to live somewhere on a hill that overlooks the sea with a stunning view when we get to Oz, but then I suppose so does everyone else!! lol.

Now the visa application is in, I am starting to question the reality of what we are doing...I am sure I will get worse as time goes on. Hubby is quite different to me, he will cut off from people here to prepare himself for the move, whereas I want to spend and cherish the time I have with people and make the most of the time we have left here.

God I've made this post sound like a therapy session!! lol. thanks for listening!

jackie x
Old May 19th 2006, 1:00 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bunny feet
Jackie

just read your post from a few weeks ago it sounded very familiar, I also came from Manchester and did exactly what you said you are doing questioning the reality of what you are doing. I have to say I couldnt even believe that when I got here I had actually done it, it all seemed a bit surreal. But I have to say seven months down the line you would actually struggle to get me back to the U.K. It was worth all the tears and tantrums I assure you

Debbie
Glad to hear it was worth it, am just starting out and still very shall I shan't I

Kim
Old May 19th 2006, 9:12 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
Glad to hear it was worth it, am just starting out and still very shall I shan't I

Kim

go on Kim......I dare ya!
Old May 19th 2006, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

bunny feet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by asher

Kim

Kim if you dont do it you will probably always wonder what it would have been like if you had. Thats what I think anway, a good friend of mine who had also emigrated said to me nothing you are doing is irreversible and that really helped me. No risk no gain

Debbie
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:07 pm
Living the Dream!

God I'm bored!
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:12 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

God I'm bored!
I was until about 5 mins ago, when I got a call from the estate agent - viewing tonight at 5pm. Need to go and clean etc etc and tidy boys bedrooms :scared: .
Hope its not a timewaster - have had too many of those recently.
Hope your day gets more interesting - try chopper challenge. I could while away several hours on that and never get any better
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Hi

Have only just found this website wish I'd known about it last year. My husband is a 'G' Grade Psychiatric Nurse and I am due to qualify in Sept this year just the last part of my degree finishing now. We are hoping to take the leap to Perth at the end of the year pending jobs, etc. Hubby has a interview for South Metropolitan area in Perth this week so fingers crossed.

Half of the forum says go for it and the other half are coming back!!!!! So scared such a big decision.

The house prices in Perth seem much higher than other parts of Australia?

Are you in Oz? If so, which part?

Carol xx
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:22 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=carolwilk34]Hi
Have only just found this website wish I'd known about it last year. My husband is a 'G' Grade Psychiatric Nurse and I am due to qualify in Sept this year just the last part of my degree finishing now. We are hoping to take the leap to Perth at the end of the year pending jobs, etc. Hubby has a interview for South Metropolitan area in Perth this week so fingers crossed.

Half of the forum says go for it and the other half are coming back!!!!! So scared such a big decision.

Hi. Loads of work for mental health nurses in Perth, so you and your OH should have no probs getting employment. I am going to Perth as soon as I've sold my house. I've been sponsored by the health authority, as didn't have enough hours experience recently for 136 visa.
Yes, house prices are rocketing in Perth at the moment. Don't know if this is the case in the rest of Oz. I say go for it. You don't want to spend the rest of your life thinking what if. There is plenty of work and you can always come back if it doesn't turn out to be for you.
Good Luck
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:34 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by carolwilk34
Hi

Carol xx
Hi Carol, I'm still in the UK (sunny Manchester)
I've just applied and just in waiting mode. Hoping to validate the visa in November and move out to Brisbane next summer. I work in critical care. Hope your hubby does ok in his interview...tell him good luck from us! Hope you enjoy the forums, its extremely addictive!

jackie x
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:36 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by Loubags
I was until about 5 mins ago, when I got a call from the estate agent - viewing tonight at 5pm. Need to go and clean etc etc and tidy boys bedrooms :scared: .
Hope its not a timewaster - have had too many of those recently.
Hope your day gets more interesting - try chopper challenge. I could while away several hours on that and never get any better

Loubags hope your viewing goes ok tonight and that it isn't a time waster!
Will send you some house selling K.

Good luck!
jackie x
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:45 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Good luck!
jackie x
Thanks Jackie. Will let you know how it goes.
Old May 23rd 2006, 9:42 am
One of Big G's girls.

Good luck!
jackie x
Jackie - you have the magic touch - thankyou
Accepted an offer this morning off the couple who viewed yesterday. Its lower than we wanted, but we have said that we will accept it as long as we exchange in 4 weeks. (Having had the last buyer pull out a couple of days before exchange, I don't want it to drag on.)
Not going to celebrate just yet in case I jinx it all, but the day I exchange will be one of many
Old May 23rd 2006, 10:01 am
lisa

lisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nice

Originally Posted by Loubags
Jackie - you have the magic touch - thankyou
Accepted an offer this morning off the couple who viewed yesterday. Its lower than we wanted, but we have said that we will accept it as long as we exchange in 4 weeks. (Having had the last buyer pull out a couple of days before exchange, I don't want it to drag on.)
Not going to celebrate just yet in case I jinx it all, but the day I exchange will be one of many
LOU YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. TOLD YOU THE KARMA WOULD WORK, WELL DONE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.