ok...where are all the nurses?

Old May 2nd 2006, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice
Default Re: ok...where are all the nurses?

hi everyone,

we are still in London, we got our email beginning of march asking for more info.

as i am Irish and have lived here for 9 years and 6 months stupidly i forgot to apply for a Irish police check , i front loaded our UK police checks with our application which is fine. they just want an Irish one off me.
i sent of a letter straight away to Ireland but have heard nothing yet, we also need to do our medicals. hopefully then we will have our visa.

we hope to go to Brisbane sept/Oct time. i hope to get a job in sexual health clinic. any clinic will do!!! i need to get my CV ready, well actually started!!

at least we are nearly there i think

keep positive everybody, we nearly gave up a few times when Queensland took ages to register me

a few of these do help

Kate.
Old May 2nd 2006, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

it me again, i forgot to say i left ireland at 17 to start nurse training, i dont know why i forgot to get a irish police check, just did not think!

kate.
Old May 2nd 2006, 7:16 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hi I'm here too, having a break from the application form. Just need to complete the duties section for skills matching. Can you get those sub dividing tabs/flags for 47sK from WH Smiths?
Sorry another question.......
I just used white sticky labels and attached them to plain A4 sheets of paper to look like dividers. (yes I used to watch blue peter!)
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:40 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Thats a good idea Jackie.

When i was doing my application I realised the packet of sub dividers I had bought didn't have enough sections in it and I had to go haring of to Tesco to buy some more.

Wasn't stressed at all when I was standing in the 10 items or less till with about 300 people in front of me, and me in a rush to get application sent of before post office shut for the day :scared:
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:34 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by td1
Thats a good idea Jackie.

When i was doing my application I realised the packet of sub dividers I had bought didn't have enough sections in it and I had to go haring of to Tesco to buy some more.

Wasn't stressed at all when I was standing in the 10 items or less till with about 300 people in front of me, and me in a rush to get application sent of before post office shut for the day :scared:
how many did you use? I only used 3!
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:53 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Ermmmm - cant remember exactly but I know the pack I had first had 5 and I needed more than that.

When I filled in my application I wasn't sure where the dividers should go so I sort of stuck them in at a few different places that I thought made sense to me!!!!!

Dont know if it was right or wrong but got Visa through so it must have been passable
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:08 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by td1
Ermmmm - cant remember exactly but I know the pack I had first had 5 and I needed more than that.

When I filled in my application I wasn't sure where the dividers should go so I sort of stuck them in at a few different places that I thought made sense to me!!!!!

Dont know if it was right or wrong but got Visa through so it must have been passable
I'm sure some people didn't use them and still got a visa, like some people forgot to number their pages I believe.

how are you today? I am feeling a bit better, the sun is out and its a bit warmer!
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:15 am
td1
Forum Regular

like some people forgot to number their pages I believe.

That would be me!!!!!!!

Feeling a bit better today. Yesterday morning I didn't want to go 100% but today after a few badly put comments from family members I am ready and raring to go.

Have been doing my favourite hobby of looking at realestate.com and now excited again about house hunting.

Dumfries has got a bit of sun today and as you say- the sun being out can make a lot of difference. I think I was just having a bit of a glum day yesterday but it is good to know people go through the same
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:28 am
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by td1
like some people forgot to number their pages I believe.

That would be me!!!!!!!

Feeling a bit better today. Yesterday morning I didn't want to go 100% but today after a few badly put comments from family members I am ready and raring to go.

Have been doing my favourite hobby of looking at realestate.com and now excited again about house hunting.

Dumfries has got a bit of sun today and as you say- the sun being out can make a lot of difference. I think I was just having a bit of a glum day yesterday but it is good to know people go through the same

oh yes how addictive it is realestate.com.au? spend hours on there! I might need a fix of a new life down under today.....will see if its on this pm. sad or what?
jackie x
Old May 3rd 2006, 10:40 am
td1
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
oh yes how addictive it is realestate.com.au? spend hours on there! I might need a fix of a new life down under today.....will see if its on this pm. sad or what?
jackie x

I know- we definetly have to get out more

I am now going to force myself to get of this site before I spend any more time on it.. Talk about square eyes
Old May 3rd 2006, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I'm hoping to ditch the night shifts too, hubby hates me working them....thing is they are so bloody convenient! we'll see, like you say claire, its whoever gives us a job! lol.

I feel a need right now to read peoples positive posts....hear about their reccies and stuff. Not many new posts in that respect. The thing I fear the most is that when we go....one of us loves it and the other hates it and wants to come back. I am very stubborn and will sulk til I get my own way. ...childish I know, but true! Please god let us both love it!

Jackie x
Good thing about nightshifts is the extra pennies you earn for doing them. And for working weekends too. Where I am working we get absolutely nothing
extra for working unsocial hours. Have considered a career change a bit down the line, but when we first get there it's good to know that work won't be too hard to come by and will have some money coming in fairly quickly
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Hello Guys! I'm here! Just not as often as I used to be as I'm now "living" the life Down Under. When you've been here a while like I have, it gets less exciting to talk about although that's not to say we're not enjoying it here. We love it, but I'm so busy I don't get as much time to spend on here as I used to. Please Please don't think I've forgotten you all though. I'm still here to answer all your questions and reassure you but I'm not as quick with my replies!!
So, what are we doing?
Hubby has full time contract at Mater children's and I'm there on the casual pool. It's working well at the moment. Life outside of work is like one big holiday! So busy, it's great. Kids settled in to school. Still renting in Wynnum (Bayside) as still have house in UK (currently being rented)which we will sell at end of year. Then we'll look to buy. No rush though. The Aussie way is very laid back and we're fitting in to that quite well so far.
Chat soon.
Claire. x
Old May 3rd 2006, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

P.S. We didn't use dividers or number our pages, and we made it! As they say over here "You'll be right mate".
x.
Old May 4th 2006, 8:02 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

We are all still here, just sitting out in the garden in the sunshine with a vino watching the wildlife instead of on the computer... .
Old May 4th 2006, 8:24 am
playing the angel

tinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond reputetinkerbell has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: ok...where are all the nurses?

hi guys, I'm still here too..............just got back from a 3 week reccie to Brisbane, and now I don't know whether I'm on my head or my arse!

The reccie was fantastic and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't been to Oz before. Didn't quite know what to expect.....but can honestly say that there was nothing that I didn't like. The weather was great, people very friendly, the way of life so much more relaxed, spending the weekends at the beach can only be a positive in anyones book.

Spent a lot of time driving around different suburbs to get a feel for the place, eventually settling on the idea of Northlakes at Mango Hill. Spent time on the Gold coast and Sunshine coast and loved them both,,,especially Mooloolaba, the kids had a great time body boarding there. Saw dolphins in the sea, and also in the Brisbane river whilst we were on the city cat!

Now I'm home, reality is really beginning to set in. I've had days where I really don't know what to do................should we stay or should we go..............

I'm sure all of you already out there get my drift..............don't know whether it's just me being absolutely terrified of the idea of moving to the other end of the world! Today my plan is to put together a list of all the things I need to sort out...........the house...........the dog...............the cars.....the shipping and the list goes on!

Anyways, I'm sure it will all fall into place, and I'll be able to update you all from Oz. So for now, I shall be an avid reader, and like the others will try and help out if I can.

Tracey xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.