oh its so quiet!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 19th 2005, 7:39 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default oh its so quiet!!!!!!!!!!

what an earth is everyone up to!!!

all busy preparing for xmas??? or enjoying new life in oz!

well i am still waiting for qnc reg and no news re-visa, not as though i am expecting any till way after xmas!!!

had chest xrays last week, thank goodness, cause i have chest infection this wk! lucky me for having them done, cause this week an xray may have caused me a problem!................have meds 17th january! we will then send it all off and wait for the visa - fingers and toes all crossed!

what is everyone else up to?

oh and merry christmas

mand
Old Dec 19th 2005, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: oh its so quiet!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by amanda76

well i am still waiting for qnc reg and no news re-visa, not as though i am expecting any till way after xmas!!!

had chest xrays last week, thank goodness, cause i have chest infection this wk! lucky me for having them done, cause this week an xray may have caused me a problem!................have meds 17th january! we will then send it all off and wait for the visa - fingers and toes all crossed!

oh and merry christmas

mand

Dont seem to have much time to be on expats these days. After the initial few weeks of bedlam and not having time to scratch your ar*e, things have settled down for us, and spending weekends doing the nice things with the kids. Still have to work in between all that as well, but from my point of view the time around that is much nicer, with more options. I cant just take the easy cop out and go to the pub with the lads, which was not really the right thing. Here I spend time with the kids doing things we all enjoy.

Oh yes and its Xmas at he weekend. Feels a bit lonely this year not having family, and friends we have known for years around, but still......the sun is shining and the kids are happy

Good luck Mandi

Happy Christmas.

Paul
Old Dec 19th 2005, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

oh and merry christmas

mand
Hi Mand!

Yes this forum is quiet isn't it. I am busy preparing for xmas and dreaming of new life in Oz. Last bit of xmas shopping to do tomorrow, then it's only the round of visits, delivering cards I'd forgotton and the food shop!

Don't know how long you've been waiting for your QNC reg but it might be worth ringing if it's been a while. I was waiting for mine and I rang them and they told me I should have it in a week or so. After more than two weeks (I'd been allowing for postal time) I rang again. The lady I spoke to was helpful, but she said "oh yes you're registered, but no ones printed it off yet, it's been on the computer a couple of weeks" (I was needing my certificate as I had to apply for mutual recognition in NSW where I have a job and was keen to get going). In addition, don't know if you already know this but you can check your reg status on their website. If you type in name and DOB, as soon as you're registered you'll show up.

Good luck with the meds in Jan (half an hour, nothing to worry about, though of course I did worry!) and hope you feel better soon, before Christmas.

Have a good 'un,

Jo
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:43 am

paul and family

have a fab xmas, it will be strange, but enjoy it for what it is.....

say a big hello to lynn for me when you see her next, and a hug from the girls

mand
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:51 am

hiya jo

dont think iv chatted with you before. so hello from us all...........

my saga with qnc has been going on for ages, since july!!! but qnc are having huge problems apparently, this is all they ever say to me!! he he he

havnt got visa yet! so have time to wait........ when that comes through i will jump up and down a bit more!.....

where are you in all this? is your details on the nurses timeline? perhaps i will look!

mand
Old Dec 20th 2005, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

paul and family

have a fab xmas, it will be strange, but enjoy it for what it is.....

say a big hello to lynn for me when you see her next, and a hug from the girls

mand
Hi Mand

Supposed to be meeting Lynn and Marc tonight, as we were going to a sports club they go to. Unfortunately my little boy has been unwell, vomitting so we didnt go. Kids pick up bugs in Oz as well
Old Dec 20th 2005, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by paulb
Hi Mand

Supposed to be meeting Lynn and Marc tonight, as we were going to a sports club they go to. Unfortunately my little boy has been unwell, vomitting so we didnt go. Kids pick up bugs in Oz as well

arrr LOL - lynn has just texted me from there then presumably!!

shes having a nice time

mand
Old Dec 20th 2005, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice

hi Amanda,

we sent off our application form on the 28th of Nov. we sent our police checks with it. have not organised the medicals yet. will sort out in early Jan.
we never received an acknowledgement email (maybe we did and deleted it!!) but our visa bill came yesterday and Adelaide have taken the money.
never so happy to see a visa bill so not bothered about the email now.

cannot believe you have not been registered from QNC. i thought mine took ages!

so thats it with us

keep us informed with the medicals.

Kate.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 2:37 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent you an email Paul...LOL.

Paul is correct what with work and real life don't get as much time to come on anymore but think that is a good thing as we have all found other stuff to do in Aus.

I'm only on today as have broadband now and going to work shortly and hubby and kid are off down the lagoon swimming so entertaining myself while avoiding house work... supose I should buy a hoover one day... .

Think I will stick to early morning computer and late night when nothing on Aussie TV.

Still can't crack our TV tried again today Paul, so have settled for using DVD to show signal and if we want to tape and watch will have to tape on TV/DVD and watch the computer for the other programme/channel.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:59 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

oh and merry christmas

mand
It's quiet coz all the gobshites have emigrated to Oz now!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:09 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: oh its so quiet!!!!!!!!!!

Oooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Angela.... .... you'll be one of us soon... and we are shy and retiring not gobshites as you should well know…

G tells me your Sister’s threw a spanner in the works... .
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Hi Guys!

Had come on here to start a new thread titled "sorry" but thought it was just as appropriate to post on this one.

I'm sorry I've gone quiet...it's just so busy when you first arrive trying to sort everything out. I don't want to be one for just disappearing from the forum once arrived in Australia, but I just don't get the time to log on. When I do, it's to send emails to family, and that takes a while!

We're getting sorted, but there is so much to do, I hadn't realized quite how much until we got here!

Merry Christmas to all my BE friends!!!

Will see some of you very soon.

Claire. x
Old Dec 21st 2005, 10:02 pm
Avoiding Plates

Gary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really niceGary&Family is just really nice

Saw the thread title and instantly got that awful Bjork song playing in my head AAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!

Anyway. Good news about the medicals Amanda - Keep things moving forward.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here on BE.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 10:01 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
Oooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Angela.... .... you'll be one of us soon... and we are shy and retiring not gobshites as you should well know…

G tells me your Sister’s threw a spanner in the works... .
Not that much of a spanner, as it will only delay us for about 1 month, which is not that bad really. It's not that often your only sister get's married