Nursing Work - Gold Coast

Old Jun 12th 2009, 4:39 pm
Banned

Fried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really nice
Default Nursing Work - Gold Coast

please can somebody help, Im moving to gold coast southport area in a few months i have contacted goldcoast hospital they have no permie postions at present for staff nurses i should be able to join there nurse bank does anybody know what demand they have for bank nurses i was looking to do 3 nights a week approx. also what is the best agency in the area to use is oxley any good has any body got any suggestions id even consider a nursing home to start with. I am a RGN with many years experience. Thanks
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

mr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of lightmr luvpants is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Nursing Work - Gold Coast

Thats worrying! Thats one of the places we were looking at and we are not going to go unless my wife has a job.Is there any hope on the horizon?

JOHN
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

I think the jobs are beginning to dry up. The current economic situation isnt helping. Plus many health services have been recruiting many staff from UK and other countries. My own hospital (Fremantle) has gone from being very shortstaffed to very over staffed, and they encouraging us to take annual leave.Only two years ago I could have picked my town in Australia and could have walked into a job. Now, I fancy a move and am quickly finding its not as easy as that now

Last edited by adiestubbs; Jun 15th 2009 at 9:30 am.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

exhaused1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a note of re-assurance for you.. I have recently signed a contract for full time employment for the Mater in Brisbane, and following speaking with the manager of the particular area they seem to have quite a few jobs available through out the hospital due to expansion etc.

I also have had contact with the Gold Coast hospital who informed me that they also have vacancies if I wanted to be "closer to home" !

Im sure in certain area's of nursing the jobs may not be as available but certainly from personal experience I have been able to choose the right one for me!

Keep your eyes peeled and make yourself known to the hospitals, send your CV through their "expression of interest" which they can then keep on file.

Claire
Old Jun 15th 2009, 6:28 pm
Banned

Fried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really niceFried Rice is just really nice

il wait and see as i have a pr visa so im not to concerned and will also apply to the queensland health website, also id consider working in a private hospital, im sure ill get something i just think you cannot be too fussy to start with. Im flexible in my area of work as a nurse and have had various experience
Old Jul 8th 2009, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Location: Colchester, Essex but hope to head to Bulli / Thirroul area.....
Bubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really niceBubsblooms is just really nice

Originally Posted by exhaused1
Just a note of re-assurance for you.. I have recently signed a contract for full time employment for the Mater in Brisbane, and following speaking with the manager of the particular area they seem to have quite a few jobs available through out the hospital due to expansion etc.

I also have had contact with the Gold Coast hospital who informed me that they also have vacancies if I wanted to be "closer to home" !

Im sure in certain area's of nursing the jobs may not be as available but certainly from personal experience I have been able to choose the right one for me!

Keep your eyes peeled and make yourself known to the hospitals, send your CV through their "expression of interest" which they can then keep on file.

Claire
I am a registered nurse, previously registered with NSW (now lapsed) but I have been offered a job within Ramsayheathcare in Sydney. I have previously worked for them but I don't think that actually holds any weight - they are looking for staff. Also (and I know this started as a QLD forum) but the NSW government is offering $6000 to returning nurses if anyone has been registered before there and is returning. There must be a need in NSW if QLD isn't looking!!!!!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 1:58 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light

Try e-mailing Pindara hospital (private hospital in Benowa on the Gold Coast) or Allamanda (another private hospital) or Robina (public hospital) which is undergoing lots of extension work at the minute and is a lovely hospital.
Good luck.