nursing usa and agencies

Old Feb 19th 2005, 2:12 am
Just Joined

pickle967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nursing usa and agencies

Hello Dylan101.

I am currently with Geneva . i find them very slow, and not very well informed . i passed Nclex 2002 believe it or not ,i am still in england .Everything seems to be the fault of the americans.don't get me wrong the process to get to the states can be long and knackering, it has to be said Geneva is not as good as they would like to think .I would go with OGP if i had to do it all over again. Anyway goodluck. Just a thought. How come we have to go through so much, just to be able to work in the states whereas when a registered nurse from america comes over to England, The process/experience seems short and sweet .
Old Mar 19th 2005, 3:49 am
Going home at last

dragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to alldragonfly is a name known to all

Originally Posted by thistlegirl
Hi there, I am considering a move to the U.S and would be grateful if anyone has any info on Geneva or OGP agencies. Thanks, Lou
I used ogp and they are good in the uk but once you get to the usa they are not as good, many nurses that I work with in usa would not resign on with ogp once their contracts of 18 months have ended oh and if you decide to break your contract ogp will ask for $15,000 to release you from the contract my contract ends in dec 2005. Look at all agencies that recruit to the usa. The good thing that has come from this is that myself and family are green card holders.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

JHUTT is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: nursing usa and agencies

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
You do not need an agency, you could manage it on your own. You will have to deal with CGFNS regardless and they are slow. I would not recommend doing the CGFNS exam unless you have no choice, just do the CES report with CGFNS and you will also need to do a visa screening with them. If you want further information PM me and I will try and help as I am already in the process and just waiting for immigration

Anna

I have been in North Carolina for the past 2 years and am still trying to trawl through the red tape with CGFNS. Because I cannot get hold of my old transcripts, they won't even consider my application and it has cost me hundreds of $$$$already! I trained in Ashton-u-lyne Lancs. I despair I really do! All that said. Charlotte, NC is fantastic and very cosmopolitan. The hospitals here are very high tech and growing by the day. I will be too old to nurse by the time I get everything sorted. x x x Julie
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JHUTT
I have been in North Carolina for the past 2 years and am still trying to trawl through the red tape with CGFNS. Because I cannot get hold of my old transcripts, they won't even consider my application and it has cost me hundreds of $$$$already! I trained in Ashton-u-lyne Lancs. I despair I really do! All that said. Charlotte, NC is fantastic and very cosmopolitan. The hospitals here are very high tech and growing by the day. I will be too old to nurse by the time I get everything sorted. x x x Julie
How can you not get hold of your old transcripts..... NMC can provide something that will cover the fact your transcripts have been destroyed and that you meet all requirements, I think this has been mentioned before try this link http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=transcripts CGFNS are a pain and soo slow... they must have delayed me atleast 7 months
Old Mar 27th 2005, 1:34 am
Just Joined

JHUTT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
How can you not get hold of your old transcripts..... NMC can provide something that will cover the fact your transcripts have been destroyed and that you meet all requirements, I think this has been mentioned before try this link http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=transcripts CGFNS are a pain and soo slow... they must have delayed me atleast 7 months

Hi There, The CGFNS have had my papers from the NMC and they said they aren't sufficient! They also sent a copy to North Carolina Board of Nursing but CGFNS would not accept a copy from them as they are worried that I may know someone at NCBON who may tamper with them! I have never come across so much 'red tape' in my life. I can't believe that so many people are going through the same fight. It's rediculous. If England were as picky, we'd have no nursing staff! Everyone here has to be in a speciality too. Good luck with your quest. x x x Julie
Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JHUTT
Hi There, The CGFNS have had my papers from the NMC and they said they aren't sufficient! They also sent a copy to North Carolina Board of Nursing but CGFNS would not accept a copy from them as they are worried that I may know someone at NCBON who may tamper with them! I have never come across so much 'red tape' in my life. I can't believe that so many people are going through the same fight. It's rediculous. If England were as picky, we'd have no nursing staff! Everyone here has to be in a speciality too. Good luck with your quest. x x x Julie
sorry to hear that they aren't playing ball, I am sure others have had a problem with transcripts and that NMC just sent what was required. Have you had a look on www.allnurses.com in the international section there is a lot going on there re nursing in the US and problems with CGFNS.

Hope it gets sorted for you

Anna