nursing on sunshine coast

Old Dec 3rd 2007, 11:24 am
Just Joined

joebee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nursing on sunshine coast

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me?
I have recently moved from Ireland to Australia with my partner. Last week he was offered an apprenticeship in furniture making(dream come true) on the sunshine coast, however he cannot undertake this as we are both on holiday visas.

So I was wondering, does anyone know how to go about obtaining nursing sponsorship? Also which hospital would you suggest is the nicest hospital to seek employment on the sunshine coast? I am just recently qualified so would like to work in the public area to gain experience and confidence. Do you know if the hospitals are currently offering sponsorship to overseas nurses?

In regards to accommodation, is it expensive to live and what is the area like to live in?

I know its alot of questions, but i would appreciate any help
Look forward to hearing from you guys
Joebee
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nursing on sunshine coast

Try Queensland Health - Nambour hospital - they do new grad programmes or take nurses with a little experience and have very good induction programmes. Some of the private hospitals may be worth a look too. How ''recently'' qualified are you? May be worth getting a bit more experience and applying for a permanent residence visa straight off, then if you don't like who you first work for, you are not stuck with them for two years or until you get PR, as you would be on a sponsored visa.
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

joebee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kitty4
Try Queensland Health - Nambour hospital - they do new grad programmes or take nurses with a little experience and have very good induction programmes. Some of the private hospitals may be worth a look too. How ''recently'' qualified are you? May be worth getting a bit more experience and applying for a permanent residence visa straight off, then if you don't like who you first work for, you are not stuck with them for two years or until you get PR, as you would be on a sponsored visa.
Thanks for the help,

I am only qualified since July this year, How much experience should one have before applying for permenant residence? Can you do this straight away? (i'm sorry if these are very silly questions, but really not sure how the system works here).

Joebee
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Originally Posted by joebee
Thanks for the help,

I am only qualified since July this year, How much experience should one have before applying for permenant residence? Can you do this straight away? (i'm sorry if these are very silly questions, but really not sure how the system works here).

Joebee
Hi Joebee,
For a skilled migration permanent residency visa you have to have worked for 12 months (20 hours or more per week) out of the last 24 months.

Mark
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Joebee

Having re-read your post I see you are already here on the sunshine coast. Also, having qualified just this year, you won't have enough experience to apply for PR yet. Give Nambour hospital a call, they may be interested in sponsorship, however, a busy time of year is coming up for them as the new nursing graduates from uni's start in Jan or Feb. If you need any contact info, PM me. Not sure about your partner though, if you got sponsorship as a nurse and he was to stay on the strength of your visa, you would have to apply for him as your defacto, which requires evidence I think, but that's not something I know anything about. Unless he gets his own sponsorship if the furniture company want him badly.