Nursing in South Australia

Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Nursing in South Australia

I am very pleased for those of you that have had speedy turnaround times for your assessments and nursing registration. I wish my wife could say the same. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We are heading for Adelaide and rather than go to the ANMC first, we applied to the Nursing Board SA for assessment with a view to doing a modified ANMC registration later.
The NBSA assessment took 3 months. Other states do it in a matter of a couple of weeks. Then wifey had to be registered with the NBSA. Even that has taken one month (their return envelope had the wrong post code on it which did not help).

So if anyone is thinking of doing it this way with the NBSA my advice is don't. Either register with a speedy turnaround state like QLD or alternatively pay the extra and go to the ANMC first.

Frustrated? Not 'alf!

Richard
Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing in South Australia

Originally Posted by RAG62
I am very pleased for those of you that have had speedy turnaround times for your assessments and nursing registration. I wish my wife could say the same. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

We are heading for Adelaide and rather than go to the ANMC first, we applied to the Nursing Board SA for assessment with a view to doing a modified ANMC registration later.
The NBSA assessment took 3 months. Other states do it in a matter of a couple of weeks. Then wifey had to be registered with the NBSA. Even that has taken one month (their return envelope had the wrong post code on it which did not help).

So if anyone is thinking of doing it this way with the NBSA my advice is don't. Either register with a speedy turnaround state like QLD or alternatively pay the extra and go to the ANMC first.

Frustrated? Not 'alf!

Richard
This seems a common complaint about SA Richard.

Queensland are turning them round in a couple of weeks according to some on here.

On balance it seems if you are going to SA it may be worthwhile doing the ANMC bit first.

Good luck

G
Old Nov 20th 2004, 10:10 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah for those going to SA they would def be better just paying the money for full ANMC assessment. Otherwise you would have the cost of registering in 2 states at some point.

I hope QNC is quick. Nevermind things will start moving more quickly for you now.

Does anyone know- Are there any bad times of year to submit a DIMIA application ie. winter/ spring / summer?

I just remembered my Aunt talking about her nursing DIMIA application 6 years ago and her and her husband were both nurses. When they put their DIMIA application in they got a letter to say the quota for that year was at its max so they were holding on to their applications for a few months to clear the backlog. I think this happenend in the winter (freezing cold here & everyone and their granny talking about moving abroad!)

Just a thought!

Lynn
Old Nov 21st 2004, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Yeah for those going to SA they would def be better just paying the money for full ANMC assessment. Otherwise you would have the cost of registering in 2 states at some point.

I hope QNC is quick. Nevermind things will start moving more quickly for you now.

Does anyone know- Are there any bad times of year to submit a DIMIA application ie. winter/ spring / summer?

I just remembered my Aunt talking about her nursing DIMIA application 6 years ago and her and her husband were both nurses. When they put their DIMIA application in they got a letter to say the quota for that year was at its max so they were holding on to their applications for a few months to clear the backlog. I think this happenend in the winter (freezing cold here & everyone and their granny talking about moving abroad!)

Just a thought!

Lynn

Lynn
That's a good question but I dont know the answer. Sure someone will!
Richard
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

lesley street is on a distinguished road

Hi all

I am still waiting for my skills assessment to come back from ANMC- 8 weeks and counting. I think its luck of the draw as to the time it takes. Know of some who have had theirs back really quickly and others who are still waiting after 3 months. Have every thing crossed that mine will come back soon!!!!

Lesley
Old Dec 2nd 2004, 9:39 pm
ad4ozz

Default Re: Skills Assessment

Went the expensive route through ANMC and got mine back in 4 weeks...ahead of what I'd expected so now behind with main Visa application as hadn't all the stuff ready for that....good luck with the wait.

Old Dec 4th 2004, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Well, with everyone's experience of the NBSA taking their time i was really surprised to recieve a letter stating my registration with the board has been accepted.
Only one month from sending

Di
Old Dec 4th 2004, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Well, with everyone's experience of the NBSA taking their time i was really surprised to recieve a letter stating my registration with the board has been accepted.
Only one month from sending

Di
Well done Di,

That was quick!!!

Good luck with the next stage.

Lisa
Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by primrose
Well done Di,

That was quick!!!

Good luck with the next stage.

Lisa
Yes well done. I find it makes a difference when they put the correct postcode on the envelope!!
Richard
Old Dec 10th 2004, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

lesley street is on a distinguished road

My skills assessment has come at last, and it's a YES!!!!!!!!! (9 long weeks)

Lesley