Nursing registration Australia

Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

stot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing registration Australia

I am currently in the process of obtaining my nursing registration in Australia and was wondering if anyone else has done so and how long the process took.

I sent my application in November to the Nurses Board of Victoria, I was advised to send it to them by the agency I have registered with. I was advised by the agency that it should take no longer than 12 weeks but other forums I have read are saying it can take up to 8 months!!!

Also I am concerned that they may refuse my application as I have only been qualified for 5 months, although the agency does not require me to have any experience.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nursing registration Australia

Originally Posted by stot
I am currently in the process of obtaining my nursing registration in Australia and was wondering if anyone else has done so and how long the process took.

I sent my application in November to the Nurses Board of Victoria, I was advised to send it to them by the agency I have registered with. I was advised by the agency that it should take no longer than 12 weeks but other forums I have read are saying it can take up to 8 months!!!

Also I am concerned that they may refuse my application as I have only been qualified for 5 months, although the agency does not require me to have any experience.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi, cant help with how long the registration is taking these days but dont worry about your experience. The nurses board is only interested in your training, i.e that you are a qualified nurse. Experience has nothing to do with registration
You could always ring them and ask how long registration is taking.
Tracie
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Mine was sent in January. Tried to track it via Post Office but only says someting like - in the hands of Australia office.
I emailed relevant nursing authority - you could try that.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

TELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the rough

Hi, give them a ring (work out the time difference). I did. They were relaxed, friendly and answered all of my questions. Well worth it.
Good luck
T
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Hi,
I received an email this morning re registration saying that they have got my registration documents and that there is a backlog in processing. Will be dealt with 'in due course'
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:40 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by charlie-k
Hi,
I received an email this morning re registration saying that they have got my registration documents and that there is a backlog in processing. Will be dealt with 'in due course'
They do process them in order, I tried not to mither them too much, that seems to help, they dont always respond to phone messages or emails.

Will all work out.

Dave
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mindblower
They do process them in order, I tried not to mither them too much, that seems to help, they dont always respond to phone messages or emails.

Will all work out.

Dave
Thanks Dave. I know they are very busy. The email was almost apologetic which I thought was good of them.
P.s dave, I notice on your timeline you did a Reckie, I can only assume you enjoyed it. Has your wife got a job offer yet?
Hope it goes well.

Last edited by charlie-k; Feb 19th 2008 at 9:49 am. Reason: extra info