Nursing question -Australia

Old Mar 27th 2013, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

benedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to all
Default Nursing question -Australia

Hi my wife is doing nursing and when she passes she will be 40 this knocks 10 points off so probably won't be able to get 190 visa without the English exam so probably going down the lines of a 457 visa question is she will have no experience will that affect the 457 visa thanks for your help
Old Mar 27th 2013, 2:55 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing question

Originally Posted by benedict1843
Hi my wife is doing nursing and when she passes she will be 40 this knocks 10 points off so probably won't be able to get 190 visa without the English exam so probably going down the lines of a 457 visa question is she will have no experience will that affect the 457 visa thanks for your help
A 457 visa depends on a health care facility sponsoring her. I think she would have more chance once she gets a years experience under her belt.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 11:52 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Why doesn't she just do the IELTS and get the points? A 457 is not a permanent visa.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

benedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to allbenedict1843 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why doesn't she just do the IELTS and get the points? A 457 is not a permanent visa.
Because she is worried its going to be all to much doing a nursind degree and ielts.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 8:26 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Because she is worried its going to be all to much doing a nursind degree and ielts.
After doing a nursing degree,IELTS will be a doddle
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
And then the sponge baths
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Good point, but after reading about the lack of jobs in nursing, it all seems a lot of work for nothing. We looked on the seek jobs and there seems to be quite a lot, but peolpe are saying Austraila is flooded with nurses Can feel another thread coming on.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 1:18 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
And then the sponge baths
SPONGE you say,bugger that, it's wire brush n detol !!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:21 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's a lead in that I can't ignore, because it reminded me of one of the funniest stories of my sister's nursing training days (35 years ago).

One of her first jobs as a first year trainee was on a male ward, and she had to do bed baths. The Charge Sister gave the new nurses a talk before they started, they were all a bit nervous and expected to be told stuff like maintaining the patient's dignity etc. But what she said was "some of the men might get a bit excited when you're washing downstairs. It's not their fault, but it's to be discouraged by giving the offending organ a sharp tap with a cold spoon".

The family still rolls about laughing when we remember it at get togethers, images of those poor, sick blokes getting whacked with cold spoons
Old Mar 28th 2013, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not that sort of patient
Old Mar 29th 2013, 12:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Well that's a lead in that I can't ignore, because it reminded me of one of the funniest stories of my sister's nursing training days (35 years ago).

One of her first jobs as a first year trainee was on a male ward, and she had to do bed baths. The Charge Sister gave the new nurses a talk before they started, they were all a bit nervous and expected to be told stuff like maintaining the patient's dignity etc. But what she said was "some of the men might get a bit excited when you're washing downstairs. It's not their fault, but it's to be discouraged by giving the offending organ a sharp tap with a cold spoon".

The family still rolls about laughing when we remember it at get togethers, images of those poor, sick blokes getting whacked with cold spoons
Wonder if that works on husbands
Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:17 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Wonder if that works on husbands
It's a bit more original than a headache
Old Apr 30th 2013, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

renalnurse is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Nursing question

Hi, sorry if I have completely missed the point but.....

I'm going on a 457 and the academic IELTS is compulsory (as far as I was told) in order to gain registration from AHPRA.

I'm not sure on the nursing situation in Australia just now but if, as you say, its difficult to get a job, then i have to agree with Kapri, experience will help her in the recruitment process whether 457 or a permanent visa.

Hope this helps
Old Apr 30th 2013, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing question -Australia

Good point !
Old May 1st 2013, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

leapip is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renalnurse
Hi, sorry if I have completely missed the point but.....

I'm going on a 457 and the academic IELTS is compulsory (as far as I was told) in order to gain registration from AHPRA.

I'm not sure on the nursing situation in Australia just now but if, as you say, its difficult to get a job, then i have to agree with Kapri, experience will help her in the recruitment process whether 457 or a permanent visa.

Hope this helps
It's not.. You don't need to do the Ielts exam if you have proof that's you were taught and assessed in English full time for 5 years, so a letter from secondary school is enough for the AHPRA .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.