Nursing in Oz-still worth considering?

Old Aug 15th 2009, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold
Default Nursing in Oz-still worth considering?

Hi All

At the beginnig of this year we were all set to start the process of moving to Oz and I had a job offer in Cairns. However due to the recession here at home we felt we were better hanging on whilst we both had work and as it happens Cairns never got back to me at all about the job offer so i presume they must found they didn't have the vacancy.

However things have changed and OH is now out of work and I am working full time therefore things really aren't much different here to how they would be if we made the move.

We were just starting to consider it again when i got an email from Mater health ofereing me an interview so have started to look into things again.

I've just been reading some posts and see that I will now need to take the IELTS which is a bit of a pain

I was also going to come over on a 457 visa as i wasn't working at least 20 hours per week therefore didn't meet that part of the criteria for PR. I am still happy to come over on 457 as long as whoever sponsoring me is happy to sponsor me for PR once I am over, however I now have 6 months of full time hours under my belt and I'm almost wondering wether to consider waiting another 6 months and going down the PR route.

I have heard that recruitment of overseas nurses has been cut considerably and I'm wondering wether to consider doing it at all anymore??
Old Aug 15th 2009, 9:47 am
CPN
Just Joined

CPN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing in Oz-still worth considering?

Hello,

Hope all is well with you.
I read your message, as I am in a similar situation.
I recently joined this site and tend to stay in the Substance Misuse section, as that is my arena of practice.

I am also wondering whether to utilse PR or 457.
I have sought some advice on the matter, was given good guidance from PJMA and now await a reply for more quieries in the Substance Misuse section, so feel free to view that section, as any advice may answer some of your questions also.

take care
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:15 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Queensland health are advertising in RCN journal again. YEEHAH
Have a look.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

My advice would be to stick it out for another 6 months in UK in the meantime,you can do your IELTS,get your course transcripts and whatever else you may need in the meantime.In 6 months you will most probably find that the economy will have improved and you will be in a stronger position for PR.In the bigger scheme of things,even if you went over now on a 457,you will still need to go the ANMC and IELTS route for PR and better to do it from UK than OZ anyway.My 2 cents anyhoo
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:02 pm
avi
BE Enthusiast

avi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of lightavi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Thought you need do IELTS for 457 or have I got that wrong? Fingers crossed now

Av
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:50 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Yip your right. You need IELTS for everything now.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

OOPS sorry forgot about the IELTS for 457!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:44 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

you can apply for a 457 and submit your 175 once you are eligible ... thats what cheshiremark did ... pm him or do a search for posts by him - hes a nice bloke
Old Aug 18th 2009, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

coopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond reputecoopa_troopa has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you have to take a test to prove you are proficient in the English language when English is your first language? I'm confused
Old Aug 18th 2009, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

New rule as of 1st July I'm afraid..........everyone not from Australia or NZ must now sit the IELTS.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 5:26 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Suzanne I have sent you a pm
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

thanks everyone

since posting ths thread I have heard back from Cairns which is where i really wanted to go and they are still happy to carry on with my application. They originally offered to sponsor me on the 457 with sponsorship for PR (either ENS or RSMS) once I am there and i know from speaking to other people they have been happy to put the wheels in motion for that pretty much as soon as you arrive in Oz. Also with this option by the time we get over there I would also be able to put in my own PR application if i wished as i would no doubt have my 12 months full time working hours.

So anyway I am still considering it, it is something we as a family have always wanted to do and we are going to sit down and discuss it with our parents over the next couple of weeks.

thanks again
Old Aug 18th 2009, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Bjoernman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I would be happy if anyone could answer me the following question.
Is it possible to gain the 12 months work experience by working 6 months at home and than apply for an 457 visa go to Australia and work there for another 6 months - and after six months worked in Australia (as a registered nurse of course) to be able to apply for a 175 visa?
As I already told in another thread I do not have enough working hours to satisfy the 20 hours requirement - but maybe I could work for two different aged care companies (since my momentary company does not let me work more hours) at home to gain the necessary work experience. But as I still not have started to work more hours I would have to start the 12 month cycle from the beginning again. And I finally want to live in Australia sometime. So I actually do not want to work for the whole 12 months in germany. Therefore I thought about the option to split it and go to Australia after 6 months already.

Would that be an option?

Thanks in advance

Bjoernman
Old Aug 19th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

That should work.........cannot see any problems as it does not state on Diac that the 12 months must be in one place or one country.Infact,I am sure that is exactly what newly qualified nurses do.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Bjoernman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shirlw
That should work.........cannot see any problems as it does not state on Diac that the 12 months must be in one place or one country.Infact,I am sure that is exactly what newly qualified nurses do.
Alright, that sounds good. Do you know if I can directly apply for the 175 while having a 457 after I gained the required 12 months work experience?

Thanks a lot for your answer

bjoern

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.