Nursing and Midwifery Board of WA Audit

Old Mar 12th 2009, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Sharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the rough
Default Nursing and Midwifery Board of WA Audit

Hi Folks,
The NMBWA are in the process of carrying out their first annual audit of Nurses who appear on the Register.
Anyone else received the big white envelope from NMBWA ?
S.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nursing and Midwifery Board of WA Audit

Originally Posted by Sharie
Hi Folks,
The NMBWA are in the process of carrying out their first annual audit of Nurses who appear on the Register.
S.
Not me but there are 6 of us nurses in my office and 2 have been picked for audit

Tracie
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:20 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks,
S.

Yes I have as well!!!!!

I emailed the project officer and she says that we only have to provide evidence of training since registering with NMBWA which makes life a bit easier. Good luck with yours!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2009, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Sharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the rough

Hi again, yes, it turns out there are a few Nurses in my unit at Royal Perth Hospital getting audited too, the chosen 5 % !.
The ANF have done a great job with their online ifolio framework and it makes the whole process so simple.
Those online quizzes are a fantastic way of keeping up to date and increasing your CPD points tally. Both the ANF and NMBWA have been excellent at answering any concerns too.
Cheers,
S.
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:25 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, another one here!
Old Mar 18th 2009, 12:31 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Yup, another one here!

I like to view myself as special!!!!
Old Jun 13th 2009, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

Lissa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi again, yes, it turns out there are a few Nurses in my unit at Royal Perth Hospital getting audited too, the chosen 5 % !.
The ANF have done a great job with their online ifolio framework and it makes the whole process so simple.
Those online quizzes are a fantastic way of keeping up to date and increasing your CPD points tally. Both the ANF and NMBWA have been excellent at answering any concerns too.
Cheers,
S.
Hi ... I have recently joined the ANF (last week) and was wondering what do the points add up to? CPD? Something else??
Old Jun 14th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lisa,
Yes, the on-line quizzes can be submitted as evidence of continued professional development if you happen to be audited by NMBWA.
The quizzes are valued at either 5 or 10 points.
The NMBWA explains that each point actually equates to one hour of CPD.
If you get cracking and complete all the quizzes currently listed you'll have over 400 CPD points.
Be warned though.............they can be addictive !
S x
Old Jun 14th 2009, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Lissa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Nursing and Midwifery Board of WA Audit

Hi Lisa,
Yes, the on-line quizzes can be submitted as evidence of continued professional development if you happen to be audited by NMBWA.
If you get cracking and complete all the quizzes currently listed you'll have over 400 CPD points.
S x
They are addictive!! I have not found anything like that on the RCN website!

How many hours CPD to we have to do to keep up the yearly registration with the NMBWA??
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi Lisa,
Yes, it's a great system.
If you are selected for the NMBWA annual audit they request you to provide evidence of CPD for the preceeding 3 years.
If you've only been registered with them for a year then that's all you need to show (20 points).
They request evidence of 60 points over the three years but it dosen't have to be 20 points per year. As long as you have 60 points you meet the requirements to pass the audit.
When you go into the "my achievements" section of your ANF I folio, you can print out your results and include that with your audit form. Couldn't be simpler, 100% of your evidence of CPD can be in the form of the on line quizzes.
The ANF have done a great job with this.
Cheers,
Sharie X
Old Apr 13th 2010, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Impatiens is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa,
S x
Has anyone completed ALL the quizzes so far? I just recently started doing them and I also find them addictive - I thought there was something wrong with me LOL