nursing level assessment

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

magicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nice
Default nursing level assessment

what level of the nursing register do uk nurses get assessed to?.
The australian qualification for a nurse is a degree but as i did a three year diploma will i get assessed as a division 2 nurse? , im a bit worried as it makes quite a difference to salary at my experience level.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Default Re: nursing level assessment

Originally Posted by magicsprout
what level of the nursing register do uk nurses get assessed to?.
The australian qualification for a nurse is a degree but as i did a three year diploma will i get assessed as a division 2 nurse? , im a bit worried as it makes quite a difference to salary at my experience level.
The UK Diploma is classed as the equivalent as the aussie degree in terms of nursing education, so I would not worry on that score at all. If you have a diploma/degree you will be classed as a RN Division 1 (Division 2 is mostly used for EN's etc).

I think if you look on the invididual state nursing websites it does say this, I did this for when I came out and looked on the NSW website.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Yes as h/girl says don't worry. The U.K diploma is recognized as the Aus degree.
Tracie
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Amajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant futureAmajon has a brilliant future

Hi Magicsprout
I'm registered with WA and got a division 1 and I'm an old plain rgn/rscn. No degree or diploma. So I'm sure you'll be fine. I hope this puts your mind at rest.
Amanda