Nursing in Adelaide

Old May 23rd 2004, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough
Default Nursing in Adelaide

After a bit of soul searching, have taken the plunge and decided to go to Australia. Where to go? Well, Adelaide looks favourite for us. My wife is a nurse (Practice Nurse but has various acute medical experince as well).
What's it like nursing in Adelaide? Please let us know the good, the and the ugly. It cant all be a bed of roses in the nursing profession in Adelaide, can it?
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:29 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing in Adelaide

Originally posted by RAG62
After a bit of soul searching, have taken the plunge and decided to go to Australia. Where to go? Well, Adelaide looks favourite for us. My wife is a nurse (Practice Nurse but has various acute medical experince as well).
What's it like nursing in Adelaide? Please let us know the good, the and the ugly. It cant all be a bed of roses in the nursing profession in Adelaide, can it?
Hi richard
There is a thread running on the Adelaidebrits site at the moment.
Look at this:

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...showtopic=1358

Good luck

G
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Grayling
Hi richard
There is a thread running on the Adelaidebrits site at the moment.
Look at this:

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...showtopic=1358

Good luck

G
Thanks Grayling, It all helps - though some of the comments are well, not quite as positive as one would have liked!
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by RAG62
Thanks Grayling, It all helps - though some of the comments are well, not quite as positive as one would have liked!
I know Richard but you want all the information you can get.
Good and Bad.
The Australian system is much different to the UK. Best you know before you start!

Good luck

G
Old May 24th 2004, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Grayling
I know Richard but you want all the information you can get.
Good and Bad.
The Australian system is much different to the UK. Best you know before you start!

Good luck

G
Thanks G, secretly I was hoping it was going to be a bed or roses rather than a nice flower patch with weeds coming through!!
(never was good at metaphores)