Nurses without Degree/Diploma and 457 visa?

Old Jun 21st 2013, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

SmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the rough
Default Nurses without Degree/Diploma and 457 visa?

A colleague of mine is looking to work in Oz temporarily, on a 457, but does not have either a Degree or Diploma. Can he register with AHPRA without these? I get the impression he won't be able to but can someone with more knowledge on the matter confirm or deny this please?
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

GilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura aboutGilraenH has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Nurses without Degree/Diploma and 457 visa?

Originally Posted by SmogMonster
A colleague of mine is looking to work in Oz temporarily, on a 457, but does not have either a Degree or Diploma. Can he register with AHPRA without these? I get the impression he won't be able to but can someone with more knowledge on the matter confirm or deny this please?
Depends on where he trained. EU nurses are trained under a directive which is accepted in Australia, he might be asked for additional information about CPD/training etc though. Is he registered with NMC or similar?
Old Jun 22nd 2013, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

SmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the roughSmogMonster is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Nurses without Degree/Diploma and 457 visa?

Yes he is registered with NMC and also the Irish nursing board.