Nurses in Ontario

Old Oct 1st 2014, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Kaylawayla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurses in Ontario

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone on here has any experience/ knowledge with the process of registering to work (and gaining employment) as a Nurse in Ontario.

After registering with CNO, and sitting the OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) what further training were you required to do? How much did this cost? And more importantly where were you required to do any further courses/training?

I have had no luck with emails, and even phoning CNO direct...

Really hope someone can help
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurses in Ontario

have you registered yet with CNO? Process has just changed for IEN's now and starting point is NNAS. There was a few threads discussing this in the Canadian forum and I think someone posted over $10,000 worth of courses required by the province but you really need to check yourself as I may be wrong on the actual figure although it was $$
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Kaylawayla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nurses in Ontario

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
have you registered yet with CNO? Process has just changed for IEN's now and starting point is NNAS. There was a few threads discussing this in the Canadian forum and I think someone posted over $10,000 worth of courses required by the province but you really need to check yourself as I may be wrong on the actual figure although it was $$
Hi, thanks for your reply.
Im writing this on behalf of my wife. (busy with the kids lol)

Yes she has registered with CNO. Waiting on dates to sit the exam (OSCE).

Well why doesn't that figure of $10,000 surprise me!
We've probably spent around that figure already and are NO further towards emigrating than we were 6 years ago!