Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Old Dec 20th 2004, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

caslass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Hi, We are just weighing up our options at present, on the cards in the next few weeks is a trip further north of Hawkes Bay (HB), to the Bay of Plenty, we're gonna have a good look around and if we get a good feel for the place we'll move on up there. When i say NZ not for us, may possibly just be HB that we're unimpressed with. I'm on a downer at the moment, missing family, being chrimbo and all. When we first decided to emigrate we were torn between perth and nz. when we arrived in HB i wanted to cry, and i have done many times. But we said we'd give it a good 12 months, and we have and i'm still not overly chuffed with the place. So its time to move on. We've not come this far though to head back to blighty (its not that bad).

caslass
Old Dec 21st 2004, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

binman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caslass
Hi, We are just weighing up our options at present, on the cards in the next few weeks is a trip further north of Hawkes Bay (HB), to the Bay of Plenty, we're gonna have a good look around and if we get a good feel for the place we'll move on up there. When i say NZ not for us, may possibly just be HB that we're unimpressed with. I'm on a downer at the moment, missing family, being chrimbo and all. When we first decided to emigrate we were torn between perth and nz. when we arrived in HB i wanted to cry, and i have done many times. But we said we'd give it a good 12 months, and we have and i'm still not overly chuffed with the place. So its time to move on. We've not come this far though to head back to blighty (its not that bad).

caslass
Sorry to read you are not enjoying Hawks Bay. It isnt everyones cup of tea. Do however give Tauranga a try it is one of the fastest growing areas of New Zealand and in my opinion one of the nicest places in New Zealand to live. Used to be difficult getting a job there though due to its popularity. Good luck and Merry Christmas. Cheers Binman
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 2:09 pm
ad4ozz

Come and join the rest of us in Oz then you will have a better time... .

Arctic weather forcast for England next few days so will have to batten down the hatches.

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ad4ozz

Arctic weather forcast for England next few days so will have to batten down the hatches.

My sister is currently in New South Wales on hols. She says it is 40c at the moment and we are in for an arctic blast! Still..... Xmas is more authentic with snow. This time next year she will be back here in Sedgefield and I will (hopefully) be in Oz
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 3:29 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

West of Scotland where I am is getting the highest odds of snow out of the whole of UK Oh well suppose its my last authentic christmas Weather meant to be bad tomorrow - Glasgow primary care trust have put out a met office weather warning for the district nurses. Traffic hellish today as well.

Lynn
Old Dec 23rd 2004, 3:35 pm
ad4ozz

Don't worry that's why they call the Oz mountains the snowey mountains think we can still see some when we want.

Don't think i'll miss the cold to much can just be a fond memory.

Much prefer the idea of diving in warm water... .

I'm off till Wed then only at work 3 days and off again so hopefully no driving in snow...if I have to will pinch the Terano off hubby.

Old Jan 8th 2005, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Don't worry that's why they call the Oz mountains the snowey mountains think we can still see some when we want.

Don't think i'll miss the cold to much can just be a fond memory.

Much prefer the idea of diving in warm water... .

I'm off till Wed then only at work 3 days and off again so hopefully no driving in snow...if I have to will pinch the Terano off hubby.
AD4OZZ, diving nurse,
I sent you a PM, but maybe you didnt get it. I was wondering where you got your medicals done? I'm trying to plan ahead.
Paul
Old Jan 10th 2005, 1:40 pm
ad4ozz

Sorry Paul been caught up with xmas then with the crap British weather felt the need to go to Tenerife for a week of sun and diving and miss all those nasty British storms. Now back chilled out and relaxed after stress of visa application.

Have sent you a PM back today.

Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone, we're from Selby, North Yorshire! We are off to Canada March/April.
I've been searching this site, you all seem off to NZ or Oz! Anyone out there going to Canada.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:37 pm
ad4ozz

If Oz won't take us Canada is option number 3 after NZ ... have the need to move bug.

Should say OZ is number 1 on plan B as land in France was plan 1A but struggled with that sing song jibber they do over there so increased the mileage slightly by a few thousand.

Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:41 pm

If Oz won't take us Canada is option number 3 after NZ ... have the need to move bug.

Should say OZ is number 1 on plan B as land in France was plan 1A but struggled with that sing song jibber they do over there so increased the mileage slightly by a few thousand.
But is there any reason Oz won't take you??? How many points do you reckon you will get as primary applicant?

Lynn
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:46 pm
ad4ozz

No hoping will be fine with Oz just considering the other options as fall back plan....sure I can learn Oz quite quickly...already practicing my 'no worries' as tend to say a very British 'no bother'.... .

Old Jan 13th 2005, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I'm from Teesside and am hoping to head to brisbane (another one!) at the end of August. I am going with my 2 daughters who will then be 16 and 14 and my son 9.

I currently work on NICU and am hoping to get a job at the Royal Brisbane or Mater. Not sure where we will settle but I am getting lots of ideas of where I might like from Australia/NZ forum.

Is anybody going to the central London meet from here and do you know if anybody organises them for the North? I know I've just missed a Leeds one
Tracey
Old Jan 14th 2005, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi,
I'm from Teesside and am hoping to head to brisbane (another one!) at the end of August. I am going with my 2 daughters who will then be 16 and 14 and my son 9.

I currently work on NICU and am hoping to get a job at the Royal Brisbane or Mater. Not sure where we will settle but I am getting lots of ideas of where I might like from Australia/NZ forum.

Is anybody going to the central London meet from here and do you know if anybody organises them for the North? I know I've just missed a Leeds one
Tracey
I live in Scotland but would def drive down to a North England meet if there were enough people going. Maybe you should organise one tracey - just post your idea in the main Oz/NZ forum.

Are your daughters and son looking forward to going?
What stage of the visa process are you at?

Lynn
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
I live in Scotland but would def drive down to a North England meet if there were enough people going. Maybe you should organise one tracey - just post your idea in the main Oz/NZ forum.

Are your daughters and son looking forward to going?
What stage of the visa process are you at?

Lynn
Hi,
we actually have our visas. Got them last May, validated in October. I am waiting for my oldest daughter to finish her GCSE's before we go. I don't know whether that was a wise move because she usually says she's not coming with us now. I am just hoping she will change her mind. I didn't think it would be fair to remove her from school when she had already started them. My husband always said that we should just go as he thought she would refuse to come. I will just wait and panic when the time comes.

I wouldn't mind a meet up here. We could have one in Newcastle or somewhere. That's quite central, about an hour away for me but there's plenty of places up there. I don't know it very well so couldn't really suggest anywhere. What do you think you have to do to organise one? Just suggest a date and a venue and see who wants to come??? I think I could manage that. Anything more complicated is probably beyond me at the moment, have a lot going on at the moment.

Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.