Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Old Dec 17th 2004, 3:54 pm
ad4ozz

Default Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

No what you mean about the meals...spent a week bobbing on a boat in the red sea getting egyptian meals and was sick of the taste of seeds by the end and the sight of chicken...chicken with everything instead of spam... .

Haven't had any new Northeners latley they are all hiding now.

Well of to cinema tonight so have a nice night everyone.

Old Dec 17th 2004, 9:34 pm
Diane82

Diane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the roughDiane82 is a jewel in the rough

Currently living Newcastle upon Tyne (Whitley Bay to be exact, for all those who know the area). Wishing it was Oz, well we've got the beach but its bloody freezing!)

Still in training at the moment (final year), studying at Northumbria University so it's still a million miles away. Get there one day. Hoping to go to Adelaide as I've got family over there.
Old Dec 17th 2004, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Hiya currently in Grt Manchester heading for Brisbane june 30th
havn't a clue where i will work quite fancy becomming an estate agent !!
but with 3 kids to keep happy i expect Stu will have me signed up with every agency in Brisbane.

first time back on the forum since my mum died a few weeks ago so feel I am coming out of that bubble i have been lost in
so if anyone has any get a job advice would be grateful
I just dont want to do nights !!
Midwife and RGN but would look at anything really
best wishes
Mary
Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:04 am
ad4ozz

Sorry to hear about your Mam had she been ill for a while?

What sort of visa have you got seen as you haven't left this country yet? Have heard if you get a skilled independant that you can do whatever you want when you get there. I have no fancy to work nights either as can never sleep after....like you also hoping to head to Brisbane area.

Nice to see the students are plotting there escape as well...have realised English nursing is not the be all and end all.... .

Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:33 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marysidey
but with 3 kids to keep happy i expect Stu will have me signed up with every agency in Brisbane.

first time back on the forum since my mum died a few weeks ago so feel I am coming out of that bubble i have been lost in
best wishes
Mary
Sorry to hear about your mum passing away - welcome back to the forum, we will all be here for you if you want to talk about anything.

What area of nursing did you work in, in UK? I would say you could probably work anywhere depending on your previous experience. You might be better to stick to nursing initially to bring quick cash in then consider moving to the estate agent business - it would be nice showing people around all those lovely big houses!

Me and my husband Marc are also moving to Brisbane - hopefully November 2005. I only have my Queensland registration at the minute and am sending my ANMC modified assessment Monday (unfortunately not a single courier in Scotland is open at the weekend ). Just praying that it will get there in time to be signed for before the ANMC close for xmas.

Would be lovely to all meet up when we get to Brisbane - there are lots of us planning to be in Brisbane by some point next year!

Lynn
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:39 pm
ad4ozz

Thumbs up Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

DHL quoted us 3 days from Easington Co. Durham to Adelaide and they did it as quoted... so you should be ok.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Sent my registration to NSW nursing board on Tuesday last by registered post. Should my application for modified skills assessment be sent by a more reliable method?
Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paulb
Sent my registration to NSW nursing board on Tuesday last by registered post. Should my application for modified skills assessment be sent by a more reliable method?
Paul, sent mine via normal post, we only sent our actual visa application via DHL.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Originally Posted by primrose
Paul, sent mine via normal post, we only sent our actual visa application via DHL.
Hi thanks for the messages of support My mum died suddenly and unexpectedly so that is why it was such a shock she was not a well woman really but as her death was due to a massive nose bleed we have an inquest to face now (she was on anticoagulants) I just hope it is all over before we go
I have a 136 skilled independant visa Applied in August and it was granted in October so luckily I didnt need a job offer (the anci and Qnc registration took much longer !!)
i am currently working as a midwife but have done various research, project and management jobs so will turn my hand to anything when i get there . Three of my friends are currently working in or around Brisbane (redcliffe, Logan and Selengor so I will at least know some people when we get there
dont know where to settle yet though North or South so the Womens or the mater best option of all would be a teaching job at Griffith but failing that i will stick to trying to get into an estate agents showing people aroun d houses because deep down i am just nosey

best wishes Mary
Old Dec 19th 2004, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by marysidey

best wishes
Mary
Hiya Mary,
Sorry to hear about your mum. I am the same just lost my mum 2 month ago suddenly. everything is just so crap isn't it. Just starting to get back on here myself.
We are from Accrington Lancashire. Waiting final decision on PR visa. we where looking at going to Brisbane in April but putting it off a couple of months for my Dad's sake really. Need to go by October though! I'm a nurse in Medical high dependency Neil is a paramedic for GMAS.
Take care all, best wishes for Xmas
Marie
Old Dec 19th 2004, 1:48 pm
ad4ozz

Definate shame about your Mam, this time of year won't help.

Brisbane definitely seems to be the way us Northerners are heading. Don't think I could hack Perth I need some seasons to keep me sane. Don't want to much cold and rain however need a bit heat for my cold toes... .

Old Dec 19th 2004, 5:19 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
DHL quoted us 3 days from Easington Co. Durham to Adelaide and they did it as quoted... so you should be ok.
Marc is taking stuff to DHL Monday pm before it closes - if I can get there on my lunch break I will (depends on how many home visits I have tomorrow). My QNC stuff arrived in the 3 days as quoted so hopefully no hitches this time round. Will let you know how I get on! trackin and tracin
Old Dec 19th 2004, 7:42 pm
ad4ozz

Goodluck.........sure it will go no problem...fingers crossed... .

Old Dec 19th 2004, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

caslass is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum. I am from Castleford (near Leeds) so a fellow northerner and in Jan 04 emigrated with my family (hubby, two boys 4 and 2, and our 2 mutts) to Hawkes Bay, New Zealand. Been here almost a year now but don't think NZ is for us and we're at the mo surfing the net having a look at OZ, will visit as much as we can over the next 6 months, maybe even get a short term contract to work there (possibly perth) to get a feel for the place, don't want to jump in feet first like we did coming to NZ!!. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I am a RGN and we have permanent residency here in NZ. Would i have to get my quals recognised all over again do you think?

caslass
Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:43 pm
ad4ozz

Shame to hear you are not impressed with NZ. My friend who emigrated there always seems to be mentioning the cold and have had enough of that in UK.

From what I’ve read on AMNC once you are resident in NZ easier to jump ship to OZ as they recognise what you have there so is shortened transfer request.

Good Luck.... .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.