Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Old Dec 12th 2004, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Hi
We are from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, so definitely North.
Sent visa application to agent on 27 November and we are hopefully heading for Adelaide. As soon as the visa pops through the letterbox we can book the flights.
Jo

Trained and worked in Barnsley for over 10yrs, Gather alot has changed and only left in 99
Old Dec 12th 2004, 12:42 pm
ad4ozz

Brisbane still better than other aussi cities....

see... http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...&oneclick=true

Community may be slightly less well paid but like you say do we want the hospital work rather toast in the car and have more freedom to act...make sure the car has aircon.

If we can't find anything we'll just have to set up our own rapid response palliative care service and flog it to aussies... .

Wages are suposed to be less but cost of living overall better so don't need as much pay as UK. Plus seen as weather will be nicer don't have to waste as much money at pub, cinema, metro centre and flying to sunny countries for holidays as can hopefully sit out in the garden sometimes between Brisbane storms... and have lots of friends visit from UK for their holidays so we don't have to come back here... .

Old Dec 12th 2004, 12:50 pm
ad4ozz

Thumbs up Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Lynn have you seen this job page?

http://www.ncah.com/31/57.php

Also was telling Primrose about the email it comes from in another thread...have you signed up for fortnightly emails from

http://www.ncah.com/

Gets some good jobs relevant to us... .

Old Dec 12th 2004, 3:42 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ad4ozz

Also was telling Primrose about the email it comes from in another thread...have you signed up for fortnightly emails from

How do you sign up for e-mails? I can only find a bit about subscriptions that costs money and they send out a magazine to you

Thanks for that, Lynn
Old Dec 12th 2004, 3:44 pm

ok worked it out.....just had to look for the huge purple banner saying 'free e-mail alerts' at the top of the screen
Old Dec 12th 2004, 5:20 pm
ad4ozz

I've been getting it for a few months now and it has had some good Brisbane jobs on. Tend to keep some of them to write to on spec later.

Sure we'll get something seems plenty around ... considered the District Director of Nursing but maybe i'm a bit over qualified for that...

Old Dec 12th 2004, 8:18 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I have been getting this for over a year and a half now and it always packed to the gills with jobs in every conceivable healthcare field! Never seems to mention wages though..........
Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:42 pm
ad4ozz

I applied for info on two jobs and got following back as part of it re: wages.

Classification: NO1 Registered Nurse
Cancer Care Services
Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Salary attaching to the position shall be: $1,464.70 – $1,972.70 per fortnight (f/t) $19.27 - $25.95 per hour (p/t)

See also Lynnlovesthesun's thread 'where are we all up to' for more job stuff.

Old Dec 13th 2004, 5:55 pm

I applied for info on two jobs and got following back as part of it re: wages.

Classification: NO1 Registered Nurse
Cancer Care Services
Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital

Salary attaching to the position shall be: $1,464.70 – $1,972.70 per fortnight (f/t) $19.27 - $25.95 per hour (p/t)

See also Lynnlovesthesun's thread 'where are we all up to' for more job stuff.
Thats not very much money is it!!!??? I take it that would be before tax?

Is that for the 1st level of RN? What do you have to do to be a level 2 nurse?

I don't really understand the conversion to rades in Australia form UK - can anyone fill me in?

Ta Lynn
Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:04 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Thats not very much money is it!!!??? I take it that would be before tax?

Is that for the 1st level of RN? What do you have to do to be a level 2 nurse?

I don't really understand the conversion to rades in Australia form UK - can anyone fill me in?

Ta Lynn

its about $37669-$50727 if their full time is 37.5 hours a week, which is roughly about the same as i have heard.
Would imagine that is the starting grade, so you would then build up increments according to your years' service as you accumulate it.
When I applied for a full time post through Geneva (about a year ago), i was quoted a salary of around $38k for adelaide. (=why its worth applying direct to the hospitals for posts, as agencies pay the lowest rate!)
I figured I would be around the $43k slot for my 11 years experience, providing i can show documentary evidence to prove it!

anyone have any more info?

sue
Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
its about $37669-$50727 if their full time is 37.5 hours a week, which is roughly about the same as i have heard.
Would imagine that is the starting grade, so you would then build up increments according to your years' service as you accumulate it.
When I applied for a full time post through Geneva (about a year ago), i was quoted a salary of around $38k for adelaide. (=why its worth applying direct to the hospitals for posts, as agencies pay the lowest rate!)
I figured I would be around the $43k slot for my 11 years experience, providing i can show documentary evidence to prove it!

anyone have any more info?

sue
I am only 3 years registered Where does that leave me? Answer: very poor
Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:10 pm

I am only 3 years registered Where does that leave me? Answer: very poor

me and you both - about 7 years of my nursing career were spent with agencies who now dont exist.
ho hum!

sue
Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:43 pm
ad4ozz

I've been registered for 13yrs all NHS but don't know if that helps me as looking at the jobs in Oz it's hard to decide which ones you should be going for... .

Have heard they normally sort of pay you according to what you were here experience wise but then people say don't expect to get a job at the same level you were in England so no win situation I think.

Here's another gem from the application info I got back for RGN job in Barcaldine....

OTHER SUPPORT SERVICES
 Police
 Fire Brigade
 State Emergency Service
 Bus services - Daily from Mt Isa to Brisbane and Brisbane to Mt Isa.
- Sunday from Rockhampton and Monday to Rockhampton.
 Flight services 3 times a week
 Train Service, Spirit of the Outback, twice a week
 RACQ

Must be bl**dy middle of know where note the daily bus service.

Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Nice to see the North East represented. I am from Sedgefield, work as a CPN at Chester le Street and hoping to relocate to Grafton, NSW next year, with the wife and 2 kids. Sending my registration application tomorrow, had the removals company out today to give us a quote. Seems to be a lot of work in my area in Northern Rivers Health District, and I have a family friend there who is helping us. Went to Brisbane in 92, and thought it was wonderful. Wife has never been so a bit nervous. Nice to here from fellow northerners (or anyone with advice!!). Anyone know about transporting pets? we have a dog and a horse that we would like to take.
Old Dec 13th 2004, 6:50 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

How do I spread reputation!!!? Unable to give you karma - sorry Ann
Click on the 'karma' button below the avatar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.