Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:05 pm
ad4ozz

Question Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Which Nurses are leaving North East England? And...where are you heading?

Lynnlovesthesun we may make you an honoury Northener seen as you are more Northern than us...don't want you to miss out just because of a border... . After all we are all more Northern than the Southerners and us Northerners need to stick together even once we make it to Oz.

I'm leaving Co. Durham and heading hopefully for Brisbane if everything goes to plan....apparantly the package of important documents has made Melbourne today.

Old Dec 10th 2004, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

Don't know if yorkshire counts but it is in the north

we are hopefully leaving west yorkshire and moving to Arizona.

we both decided we wanted a change and I have visited friends over in the US for several years and love it out there. I know people will say it is different and we know that, but I have never done the tourist thing when I go out there always stayed with US friends in none tourist places and looked and asked re living etc in the US.

Anna
Old Dec 10th 2004, 3:36 pm
ad4ozz

Wink Re: Which Nurses are leaving North East England???

We did similar thing few years back went to Seattle and Tahoo (which I can no longer spell) not Florida...and just hate the idea of going to Florida sounds far to commercial. We picked Oz as seems more chilled than US can't quite get into the US bigger and better culture. Hope everything goes well for Arizona. .

And yes Yorkshire counts as the North anything past London is North to them down there... .

Old Dec 10th 2004, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
We did similar thing few years back went to Seattle and Tahoo (which I can no longer spell) not Florida...and just hate the idea of going to Florida sounds far to commercial. We picked Oz as seems more chilled than US can't quite get into the US bigger and better culture. Hope everything goes well for Arizona. .

And yes Yorkshire counts as the North anything past London is North to them down there... .

Thanks for that. Just want to do something different whilst we can.
Old Dec 10th 2004, 7:18 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynnlovesthesun we may make you an honoury Northener seen as you are more Northern than us...don't want you to miss out just because of a border... . After all we are all more Northern than the Southerners and us Northerners need to stick together even once we make it to Oz.

I'm leaving Co. Durham and heading hopefully for Brisbane if everything goes to plan....apparantly the package of important documents has made Melbourne today.
Cheers for counting me in honey!!!! Glad your docs got there safely. We will need to meet up when we all get to Brisbane! You'll def be there before me won't you (i'm not planning to go until next November 2005)

Sent you some karma for being so nice!
Lynn
Old Dec 10th 2004, 7:19 pm

How do I spread reputation!!!? Unable to give you karma - sorry Ann
Old Dec 10th 2004, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Do I count? I live in East Cheshire.
Going to Melbourne 10th of Jan from Manchester airport - arrive 12th.
Cas
Old Dec 10th 2004, 9:52 pm
ad4ozz

Just looked Cheshire up on map and seems to be near Manchester...so YES you are in think that counts as Northern enough.... , Lynn as first honouree member may need to approve... . My next-door neighbour is heading for Melbourne with his tribe, wife and 4 kids.

We haven't a clue what is like in Brisbane our first trip there will be when we have to get visas stamped but our motto in life is 'every once in a while you have to say what the *****' as you only have one life and have seen as much of Northern England as I wish to for now.

Gave the cat away last weekend...and don't even have visa....son was gutted after initially approving so it was reality time for him…has gone to good friends who’s cat died recently and other cat was feeling lonely so they asked for ours earlier than intended when we asked did they want one…but can’t have everything in life can we.

Old Dec 11th 2004, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

I left the North East of England {Co-Durham} in July 03 to nurse in New Zealand. Occasionally I miss the Metro Centre, like today. I could just do with a browse around M&S, Geordie Jeans, Littlewoods and ASDA. Anyone know if the new Debenhams has opened yet?

Gill
Old Dec 11th 2004, 8:50 am

As I am most northeren (Scots rule) I think I should be the queen expat in Brisbane!!!! What do you mean I have to approve!?
Old Dec 11th 2004, 9:11 am
ad4ozz

Must be worth the move abroad if your fond memories are of shopping at the metro centre... . Think new Debenhams is open but try to avoid metro this time of year if possible. Where abouts in Durham did you used to work?

Old Dec 11th 2004, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Hi
We are from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, so definitely North.
Sent visa application to agent on 27 November and we are hopefully heading for Adelaide. As soon as the visa pops through the letterbox we can book the flights.
Jo
Old Dec 11th 2004, 8:01 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

im in sheffield, for my sins.
will probably manage to get to brissie when hell freezes over!!!!!!

ooh, hang on, theyre just announcing the final 2 in strictly come dancing!

sue x
Old Dec 12th 2004, 9:22 am
ad4ozz

Went to Shefield once to see Bruce Springsteen in Concert. Do you think he tours Oz???

It's no wonder this country is short of nurses the number of us escaping down under, if this doesn't get them to think hang on a minute we are doing this all wrong... .

At least we know we will be working with good nurses down under as we will all be their and not here... .

May see some of you when I get there...

Old Dec 12th 2004, 9:28 am

Went to Shefield once to see Bruce Springsteen in Concert. Do you think he tours Oz???

It's no wonder this country is short of nurses the number of us escaping down under, if this doesn't get them to think hang on a minute we are doing this all wrong.

At least we know we will be working with good nurses down under as we will all be their and not here... .

May see some of you when I get there...
My QNC application was delivered in Brisbane 10 WORKING days tomorrow(signed for on 29th november). I have not counted weekends. Really hope I might get something through at the start of this week, hope i'm not dissapointed

I am still worried about getting a community job - I do not want to work in wards again. I am also worried that we don't get paid as well over there and that tax is higher. Everyone also seems to be saying that Brisbane is expensive as well for food etc.

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.