Nurses.......faces to names.

Old Sep 15th 2005, 10:47 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurses.......faces to names.

Originally Posted by meelie
Thought I'd let you all know that its ok working here at Wesley. Some of the doctors are a bit anally retentive and think they know all and us little obedient nurses know zilch which I find a bit irritating to say the least but I'm coping. I finally found out my rate of pay and it works out as about 200 quid per year more than uk! So I can't complain. Staff on the ward are really nice and supportive too which helps as I felt a bit useless at first cos everything is sooo different. Oh well I'll learn. How have you other nurses found it?
Glad it's OK. I suppose it will take a while to get use to the way they work over there. My friend says they are about 15yrs behind us in the UK, is this right?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:52 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Glad it's OK. I suppose it will take a while to get use to the way they work over there. My friend says they are about 15yrs behind us in the UK, is this right?
Yes they are behind us but don't like to hear that. They are very task orientated, you have to do QDS obs on all the patients irrespective of what they've had done. And a patient I nursed last week was having her blood sugars tested QDS too despite being a tablet controlled diabetic!!!! Well when I took over her care I refused to do that! As for the paperwork........I feel sorry for the trees cos there is so much and its so repetitive! But I do like it on the ward.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Any more new additions to this thread??
Old Oct 17th 2005, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Yes Bumpety bump!!!!! i'll post a more recent pic of me - taken 2 days ago up North in Oban, Scotland!

So come on everyone wheres your piccies!!?

Lynn x
nice scenery, you look nice too!!
its great to see faces isnt it, i cant do it cos havent got a camera! yet!

hey meelie, how you doin, long time no speak?

debs x
Old Oct 17th 2005, 10:04 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
nice scenery, you look nice too!!
its great to see faces isnt it, i cant do it cos havent got a camera! yet!

hey meelie, how you doin, long time no speak?

debs x
Hi Debs
Im doing fine thanks. I'm coping with the backward nursing here without too much whinging. There are more Brits at the Welsey now so I suspect they did a recruitment drive or something. Mind you I have nursed loads of english patiens lately too! I reckon we are going to take over!
How you doing Debs?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Debs
Im doing fine thanks. I'm coping with the backward nursing here without too much whinging. There are more Brits at the Welsey now so I suspect they did a recruitment drive or something. Mind you I have nursed loads of english patiens lately too! I reckon we are going to take over!
How you doing Debs?
not bad thanks,

going to court on the 7th nov for first hearing, not looking forward to it, dont think ex will turn up but caffcass will be there so have been advised to make myself known!

apart from that, sent off papers last week to register in qld so thats good that things are under way, also got an agent. we have decided that we love the look of maroochy so think that might be where we head for.

what abouit your daughter? is she settling in well now, making lots of friends?

nursing out there sounds very outdated. i dont really want to work in the city but by the looks of it, might not have a choice, from what i can make out, all the kids go directly to brisbane.

anyway, you keep up the good work lady, will send you some k to help you out.

take care and keep in touch

debs x
Old Oct 18th 2005, 9:13 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone tell me if 'developmental nursing' in Australia is the same as our LD nursing here?

We get the chance to work abroad in our second year and I wouldn't mind giving it a bash in Australia.

Theres hardly anyone in our LD group, compared to MH.

I know its recognised by the skills list in DIMIA, but whether you can get jobs out there is another thing.

There doesn't seem to be many jobs in the Nursing standard.

Oh well, there is still time to change branch as Im doing CFP.

Shame as its a fantastic area.

Anyone else doing it?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Can anyone tell me if 'developmental nursing' in Australia is the same as our LD nursing here?

We get the chance to work abroad in our second year and I wouldn't mind giving it a bash in Australia.

Theres hardly anyone in our LD group, compared to MH.

I know its recognised by the skills list in DIMIA, but whether you can get jobs out there is another thing.

There doesn't seem to be many jobs in the Nursing standard.

Oh well, there is still time to change branch as Im doing CFP.

Shame as its a fantastic area.

Anyone else doing it?
hi sam,

hows the course going? and the leg? we had a student on the unit a couple of weeks ago and she was telling one of the others about doing a secondment in australia! i'll try and find out who it was and let you know, not back at work until friday though. by the way, she was an LD nurse, not sure if she was doing dual training though.

debs x
Old Oct 18th 2005, 9:58 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

hi sam,

hows the course going? and the leg? we had a student on the unit a couple of weeks ago and she was telling one of the others about doing a secondment in australia! i'll try and find out who it was and let you know, not back at work until friday though. by the way, she was an LD nurse, not sure if she was doing dual training though.

debs x

The leg is a sore subject. I have been told before I go on placement in December, physio said I need a specially made ankle support shoe insert which costs £360.

My insurance will pay for 200 of that, but I dont have 160 to cough up.

Dont even know if you can get stuff like that on the NHS.

Ive spent hours doing my Cannabis 1000 word essay and I am 60 words over.

Im 30 over my 'consent' essay.

Got to get them done this week to hand in next week. I have to do 2 500 word essays which Im not too worried about.

Because I love writing I find myself doing 2000 words and I have to chop it down.

We get our uniforms tomorrow!!!!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

The leg is a sore subject. I have been told before I go on placement in December, physio said I need a specially made ankle support shoe insert which costs £360.

My insurance will pay for 200 of that, but I dont have 160 to cough up.

Dont even know if you can get stuff like that on the NHS.

Ive spent hours doing my Cannabis 1000 word essay and I am 60 words over.

Im 30 over my 'consent' essay.

Got to get them done this week to hand in next week. I have to do 2 500 word essays which Im not too worried about.

Because I love writing I find myself doing 2000 words and I have to chop it down.

We get our uniforms tomorrow!!!!
i 'm like that, p o p doing a 3000 word but give me a 1000 and i've had it. remember that you are allowed to go over your word count by a certain percentage though, or ahve you already done that? are you still thinking about maybe changing groups then?

sorry about the leg, thats a bugger, how crap is it that you have to pay for them....bet they're lurrrrvly too!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:19 pm

i 'm like that, p o p doing a 3000 word but give me a 1000 and i've had it. remember that you are allowed to go over your word count by a certain percentage though, or ahve you already done that? are you still thinking about maybe changing groups then?

sorry about the leg, thats a bugger, how crap is it that you have to pay for them....bet they're lurrrrvly too!

I think Im a bit different to the rest of my set

They are doing sensible and readable essays.

In the one about consent, I have done it to different levels and have raised questions nobody else has.

Tutor had a brief look at it last week and pulled her specs to the end of her nose and stared at me as though I had three heads.

'Samantha, you have taken this to a higher level, that is good' And then she goes pale and shivers and you can see she is praying it wont be her that marks it.

And don't even get me started on my cannabis essay, I have ripped open all the 'safe' issues of the subject and have rewritten the rules.

Why can't I be normal and see things the way others do????????

Oh well, I shall take my memory stick into college tomorrow and do some ruthless trimming of said essays.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

In the one about consent, I have done it to different levels and have raised questions nobody else has.

Tutor had a brief look at it last week and pulled her specs to the end of her nose and stared at me as though I had three heads.

'Samantha, you have taken this to a higher level, that is good' And then she goes pale and shivers and you can see she is praying it wont be her that marks it.

And don't even get me started on my cannabis essay, I have ripped open all the 'safe' issues of the subject and have rewritten the rules.

Oh well, I shall take my memory stick into college tomorrow and do some ruthless trimming of said essays.
sounds like you're doing really well sam. my first assignment was about hand washing!! i didnt have a clue! not about hand washing of course, but how to write academically(spelt wrong!!) but after 3 years went from bottom of the class to the top!
you keep it up, the good work that is
off to bed now, chat soon, giid luck with the uniforms, a proper nurse tommorow1
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:38 am
Nicest member ( I think)

not bad thanks,

going to court on the 7th nov for first hearing, not looking forward to it, dont think ex will turn up but caffcass will be there so have been advised to make myself known!

apart from that, sent off papers last week to register in qld so thats good that things are under way, also got an agent. we have decided that we love the look of maroochy so think that might be where we head for.

what abouit your daughter? is she settling in well now, making lots of friends?

nursing out there sounds very outdated. i dont really want to work in the city but by the looks of it, might not have a choice, from what i can make out, all the kids go directly to brisbane.

anyway, you keep up the good work lady, will send you some k to help you out.

take care and keep in touch

debs x
Thanks for the Karma Debs
My daughter Ellie is really happy now and has made loads of friends. She has a better social life than me! My friend asked her if she would go back to UK to live if she had the ticket and everything was sorted and she said only if the ticket was a return one as she would want to come back and live in Australia! Bit different to when we first arrived. She's made firm friends with another girl who comes from Rustington in UK which was just up the road from where we lived so I have 'no worries' about her now.
Good luck with the court case, I'll send you some K too!
Old Oct 19th 2005, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the Karma Debs
My daughter Ellie is really happy now and has made loads of friends. She has a better social life than me! My friend asked her if she would go back to UK to live if she had the ticket and everything was sorted and she said only if the ticket was a return one as she would want to come back and live in Australia! Bit different to when we first arrived. She's made firm friends with another girl who comes from Rustington in UK which was just up the road from where we lived so I have 'no worries' about her now.
Good luck with the court case, I'll send you some K too!
thats brillient amelia, you must be soooo relieved, i just hope beth has the same luck meeting new friends as she is a bit of a loner.

thanks for the return karma, have decided to report ex to csa today!!! he,s playing dirty, so can i! so am going to get off here now before i'm stuck on it for the morning.

good luck and stay in touch

debs x
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Sorry to but in on this one PP but go for it with your essays!!!!!!
I could'nt believe when I was at uni, I am sure they wanted nice litle essays all practically saying the same, making it easier for them to mark
I remember my essay on breast cancer causing problems because although it included epidemiology ect I also looked at it from the feminist perspective....
Anyway in the end I was given a very good mark, as long as you stick to the marking criteria they have to mark you fairly?????
Good luck
jacqui

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.