nurses being the only breadwinner, can we survive

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:14 pm
lisa

lisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nice
Default nurses being the only breadwinner, can we survive

hi there, any nurses out there who have moved to oz with 3 children and husband, and who are the only ones who are working? husband prison officer with no other qualifications apart from o levels. Hes willing to work out there, but any advice on did you manage or not in the interim would be really appreciated, however bad ( hopefuuly good and not to bad!)we are hoping for perth or brizzy. happy mothers day!!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

lyndsay123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nurses being the only breadwinner, can we survive

Hi,
cant answer your question im afraid but wouldnt mind knowing what other people put, im hopefully going to oz march next year with my husband and my 8 year old son, i will hopefully be working pretty much straight away but would prefer my husband to stay at home for a bit to settle our son in, hes a train driver over here and it doesnt seem very easy to get train driver jobs over there, we are worried how long were goin to last on one wage (nurses wage) as we havent got an awful lot to take with us.
when are you going? and where about are you looking at going?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Bobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really niceBobbie is just really nice

Hello. ive just been granted PR and am off to Brisbane this summer. Just me and my 8 year old son so i have no choice other than to make it work. I have a job at the RBWH and cant wait. You'll be fine, Bobbie
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice

Originally Posted by lisabarber
hi there, any nurses out there who have moved to oz with 3 children and husband, and who are the only ones who are working? husband prison officer with no other qualifications apart from o levels. Hes willing to work out there, but any advice on did you manage or not in the interim would be really appreciated, however bad ( hopefuuly good and not to bad!)we are hoping for perth or brizzy. happy mothers day!!
The type of nursing do you do and the level, Whether you work in the private or public sector and the state you live in all affect your annual income of. Its difficult to say as everyone has different perceptions on *managing*
Sorry not much help at all really

Maria
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:59 am
lisa

lisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nice

im a theatre sister and been offered 1.9 on the pay scale, we would like brisbane or perth, but everything up in the air at the moment, alot of negative posts and my mind is in chaos.! well thats usual for me
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Hi Lisa, I'm in the same boat as you. Hubby a Prison Officer and have two boys. I'll be the main breadwinner for a while until we suss the place out. There are quite a few prisons out there but OH will have to start from the bottom (he's a bit further up the ladder here!). We're gonna see how we get on and maybe OH might go to work. Who knows??
Mo x
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:48 am
lisa

my hubby been at risley 16 years , and he doesnt look a day over 30 bless, had a lot of posts which have put me off, hate to go out there and end up rowing over money, god im trying to improve my life, where are you heading, we fancy brissy or perth, someone has asked did we need citizenship to apply for a prison officer post? do you know if thats true, i will be on a 12 month sponsered, but now seriously thinking of applying for pr instead to try and get hubby to get back to college.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Hi Lisa, we're heading for Brisbane. OH has looked into Prison jobs and no mention of citizenship. Don't think you have to.....but not sure now you've mentioned it!! Were going for pr, applied August 07 with millions of others!! and waiting to have our meds shortly. Not sure if you know but theres a Prison in Perth i think that are sponsoring Prison Officers?? if your interested then i'll hunt for the address. I'm a Mental Health Nurse but have only worked part time for the past few years so i wont be as far up the scale as you!
Mox
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:20 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sideline in body parts....?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

HI hope this helps!!!!!!!!!
I am on top RN1 ie $59,700 take home pay $1669 per frtnight rent $770 per fortnight. Hubby not working yet he is struggling to find work (unskilled labour) One 15 yr old daughter, finances a bit tight
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:59 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tillysmum
HI hope this helps!!!!!!!!!
I am on top RN1 ie $59,700 take home pay $1669 per frtnight rent $770 per fortnight. Hubby not working yet he is struggling to find work (unskilled labour) One 15 yr old daughter, finances a bit tight
You seem to be on pretty expensive rent...

Have you investigated all of your salary sacrificing options?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Rent fairly average here it has rocketed since we arrived in november. just about to sort salary sacrifice out next week thank god. we knew it was going to be tight at the beginning as on a much lower grade than in uk I know you dont come here for the money but it sure bloody helps.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Don't know if this helps, but...

http://www.correctiveservices.qld.go...er/index.shtml

Also, QLD health have 'protective services' officers, 2 per shift where I work and they seem to chop and change a lot with a lot of them doing a stint in prisons.

We came out and lived on a level one nurses wage for 5 months. It doesn't give you lots of spare cash but it is manageable. Now good friends with single mum on same wage as me with 2 teenagers and she manages fine.

I think it just depends on how you live your life really. BTW our rent is $740 also and thats about standard at the moment. I get paid at third year level one and have just been paid $1890 but that's with 2 overtime shifts. (also get back $360 through salary sacrifice tax free) The works there if you want it. Security at the hospital are on $23 an hour.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

hi
3 adult male prisons, 1 adult female prison and 2 juvenile prisons in the perth metro area. prison officer posts usually easy to get.
level 1:9 RN now on $60,000 basic with 15% for lates, 30% nights and i think 75% for sundays. should be able to work out cost of living from this and other posts in australia forum.
feel free to pm me if i can be of any help.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 1:52 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by don544
hi
3 adult male prisons, 1 adult female prison and 2 juvenile prisons in the perth metro area. prison officer posts usually easy to get.
level 1:9 RN now on $60,000 basic with 15% for lates, 30% nights and i think 75% for sundays. should be able to work out cost of living from this and other posts in australia forum.
feel free to pm me if i can be of any help.
I think the nursing wages in Perth aren't too bad at all and if only one of you is working and you have PR you maybe entitled to support through Centre link (rent allowance, low wage and single wage support)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.