nurse in training needs advice

Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

nick carter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nurse in training needs advice

hi wonder if any of you could help me. Want to move to australia perth area but we have left if a bit late.OH is time served plumber who has his own buisness for over 20 years but he is 45 this year, we decided not to go on his skills as with all the vetassess tests and then red tape over in australia and low wages for plumbers, i am training to be a nurse but i will be 45 two months BEFORE i qualify. Can i apply for visa just before i qualify or do i have to wait making me then 45 and unable to apply. I want to take a graduate programe in australia but my kids will still only be 10 and 14 so do not want to find that we just get them settled only to have to return to UK. Any help would be great

thanks
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

yc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really nice
Default Re: nurse in training needs advice

Hi There,

I'm a student nurse and will be 43 the same month I qualify. I had enquired about this sort of thing, thinking that if I had 12 months experience and then the time it takes with all paperwork, visa etc I could very well be 45! However, the hospitals I emailed all told me that age need not be an issue if I went on the grad program and that even If I got my experience here in UK that being 45 wouldn't necessarily be the end of it; 45 yrs is the cut off for PR!

If I were you, I'd email the hospitals in the areas you are interested in and ask; the hospitals I contacted were very helpful .

Hope this helps

Last edited by yc2m; Mar 5th 2008 at 9:01 pm. Reason: typo
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yc2m
Hi There,

I'm a student nurse and will be 43 the same month I qualify. I had enquired about this sort of thing, thinking that if I had 12 months experience and then the time it takes with all paperwork, visa etc I could very well be 45! However, the hospitals I emailed all told me that age need not be an issue if I went on the grad program and that even If I got my experience here in UK that being 45 wouldn't necessarily be the end of it; 45 yrs is the cut off for PR!

If I were you, I'd email the hospitals in the areas you are interested in and ask; the hospitals I contacted were very helpful .

Hope this helps
hi many thanks will try that, just worried about not being able to get a PR if we have to return to UK after 4 years but still i think it will be worth the risk. Many thanks for your help and good luck to you
naomi
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:22 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we are going on my OH's 457 visa he was 49 at the time he is not a nurse. 457s can be extended just be careful who employs you as sometimes those on a 457 can get a rough deal.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by asher
Hi we are going on my OH's 457 visa he was 49 at the time he is not a nurse. 457s can be extended just be careful who employs you as sometimes those on a 457 can get a rough deal.
thanks will try that when i qualify will look around at different hospitals and try to go on 457 on my qualifications nick will be 48 by then and thinks he is going to retire!